PDA

View Full Version : "A.D" involved in diner fight

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 01:41 PM
OU football player linked to fight
Police recordings indicate involvement of Adrian Peterson.
Sara Ganus and Christopher Terbrueggen - DAILY STAFF WRITERS

May 04, 2005

Two men and one woman were injured April 23 after several fights broke out around 4 a.m. at Denny's Restaurant involving a group of men, including Adrian Peterson, OU freshman running back, according to 911 police calls and a police radio traffic recording.
The participants were suspected of using alcohol, according to a police report.
After witnesses declined to comment, The Daily obtained a copy of the two 911 calls made from Denny's, 2535 W. Main St., and a recording of the radio traffic between the Norman Police Department and a squad car at the time of the fight.
Norman police received calls about a man whose forehead was cut and needed stitches, another who had Tabasco sauce and glass in his eye and a woman who was cut with glass. None of the victims could be identified.
Peterson was a passenger in a car that was pulled over around the time of the fight, according to the radio traffic recording. Norman police pulled the car over at Ed Noble Parkway and Main Street after receiving information that Peterson "apparently started the fight."
A Norman communication officer, who handles 911 calls, told the officer who pulled the car over that one of the suspects involved in the fight may have had a knife.
Two Denny's employees made the calls reporting the fight, saying a group of men were throwing plates, brooms and bottles of Tabasco and swinging brooms.
"They're using brooms, throwing plates--there's all kinds of things that happened so far. Please hurry," an employee, who identified himself as Roger, said to a 911 communication officer.
Roger reported 13 men--12 against one--were involved in a fight before another broke out.
"It's coming right now, another fight's coming right now," he said. "Hurry. Hurry now."
Denny's Manager Mike Beckham also made a call reporting a fight involving five men in the restaurant and asking for emergency assistance at the time of the fight. Beckham said those involved in the fight were throwing bottles and ashtrays and swinging brooms.
"I don't know if [the victim] got hit with a piece of glass or a broomstick or what," Beckham told the 911 communication officer.
While Beckham was wiping the victim's head to control the bleeding, he told the communication officer that half of the participants left the scene and two more people were injured.
Beckham reported the man who had Tabasco sauce and glass in his eye and the woman who was cut.
OU football head coach Bob Stoops said he was aware of the incident; he has talked to the players about it; and their understanding is that the incident may have been instigated by other people, according to Kenny Mossman, associate athletic director for media relations.
Nishant Patel, a business sophomore who is a clerk at Quality Inn, 100 SW 26th Drive, located across from Denny's, said that in the beginning, about three police cars arrived at Denny's and that three minutes later, three more arrived.
Emergency Medical Services and the Norman Fire Department also showed up, Patel said.
No one was put into an ambulance or a police car, he said.
On April 28--five days after the incident--Beckham said he was in the back of Denny's when the fight broke out.
"It wasn't anything really major," he said.
Beckham said four or five people were involved and that he wasn't sure whether any of them were OU football players.
"I'm not from around here, but somebody said there was a football player," he said.
Beckham also said he thought the Denny's owner and Stoops had talked about the incident.
Norman Police Lt. Tom Easley said no arrests were made and that the incident was recorded as malicious injury and destruction of property, or vandalism.
"None of the parties were arrested because no one wanted to pursue charges, and it didn't occur in our presence," Easley said. "It was a misdemeanor incident."
Easley said all parties were interviewed and released at the scene.
One employee reported damage to a glass brick, according to a police report. Easley said the brick, part of a wall that separates the restaurant's smoking and non-smoking sections, had about $100 worth of damage.
Reza Ghanaati, one of Denny's owners, said he would not press charges against anyone and said he had talked to Stoops but would not comment about it.

GOFOR2
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
its all about who you know, who you are and how much you got.
i love it when kids dont take responsibility for their actions.
what a great world we live in.

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 01:53 PM
exactly

44INAROW
05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
OU football player linked to fight
Police recordings indicate involvement of Adrian Peterson.
Sara Ganus and Christopher Terbrueggen - DAILY STAFF WRITERS

May 04, 2005

The participants were suspected of using alcohol, according to a police report.

YA THINK???? 4:00AM at Denny's

Bandera YaYa
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Do you just look for bad things about other schools, to post on here.....does it give you some sort of thrill to do so????? Here's a novice idea.....try posting something positive about someone else...can you do it????? :tongue: :tongue: :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
YA THINK???? 4:00AM at Denny's
I will defend the fact that you can be at Dennys at 4 AM without alcohol being involved

44INAROW
05-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I will defend the fact that you can be at Dennys at 4 AM without alcohol being involved

me to since I don't drink.. but when the salt and pepper shakers, tabasco and syrup bottles start flying across the room, I'd be willing to bet SOMEONE's been drinking :D :D :D

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Do you just look for bad things about other schools, to post on here.....does it give you some sort of thrill to do so????? Here's a novice idea.....try posting something positive about someone else...can you do it????? :tongue: :tongue: :thinking:

how bout the fact that this used to be a former texas high school athlete and i found the article interesting...i didn't post it because of OU, i posted it because he was a former person in the area

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
me to since I don't drink.. but when the salt and pepper shakers, tabasco and syrup bottles start flying across the room, I'd be willing to bet SOMEONE's been drinking :D :D :D
now that does sound like a pretty safe bet to me

Bandera YaYa
05-04-2005, 02:43 PM
how bout the fact that this used to be a former texas high school athlete and i found the article interesting...i didn't post it because of OU, i posted it because he was a former person in the area OHHHH I see..............................

AP Panther Fan
05-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Just goes to show you, good athletes aren't necessarily good fighters.:rolleyes:

How embarrasing....don't guess Don King will be contacting any of them to get them in the ring since things like tobasco sauce are normally prohibited.:D

PurpleFreddy
05-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

Kill the messenger! Kill the messenger!
It's not our job to post something "positive" every single time.
I would bet that the person posted it because it was information that few of us had heard.

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 02:46 PM
i'm sure don will call as soon as he get's his finger out of the power socket

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Kill the messenger! Kill the messenger!
It's not our job to post something "positive" every single time.
I would bet that the person posted it because it was information that few of us had heard. :clap: :clap:

thank you thank you

Phil C
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Thank you Aggie! This is important news and should be posted.

Phil C
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
You all don't suppose their was any attemp to hush this up do you? :eek:

AP Panther Fan
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You all don't suppose their was any attemp to hush this up do you? :eek:

nah, the conversations between the owner and head coach were strictly discussions regarding the upcoming offensive strategy...:p :D

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 04:03 PM
yah kind of crazy it took four five days to get this out

Phil C
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Say it ain't so Aggie John! :(

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Say it ain't so Aggie John! :( what do you mean

Phil C
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
what do you mean

That there was a misunderstanding and that none of this really happened.

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 04:28 PM
none of this MAYBE happened is better put

CRHSeagle
05-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Startin to sound like the Barry Switzer days....

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 09:32 PM
or the jimmy johnson cowboys days

PhiI C
05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
or the jimmy johnson cowboys days

More like the Barry Switzer cowboy days!

PhiI C
05-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Aggie John say there is a misunderstanding and none of this actually happened. :(

lepfan
05-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Aggie John say there is a misunderstanding and none of this actually happened. :(

Phil...probably bits and pieces are true...now the question is what bits

Gobbla2001
05-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Dunno about salt and pepper shakers flying etc...

But though he is under age and using alcohol, I did plently of times and wouldn't take any of it back...

Go Peterson!