PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth Star Telegram's Top 15 area players have three 3A players

VWG
08-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Brian Jones, DL - Everman
Scott Andrews, LB - Graham
Chandler Dane, QB - Decatur
These three players were the only 3A players chosen by the Ft. Worth Star Telgram in the "Top 15 Players" in the area.
Other players were:
Ryan Bewley, RB- 5A Flower Mound
Rhett Bomar, QB- 5A Grand Prairie
DJ Davis, QB/DB- 4A Ft. Worth Dunbar
Kirby Freeman, QB- 4A Brownwood
Aaron Luna, RB/WR- 5A Southlake Carroll
Thomas Nyaoga, OL- 5A Mansfield Summit
Ryan Palmer, DB- 5A Arlington Bowie
Cody Payne, LB- 4A Stephenville
Jacky Sims, DL- 5A Arlington Sam Houston
Bobby Tatum, RB/DB- 4A Ft. Worth Dunbar
Adam Ulatoski, OL- 5A Southlake Carroll
Desmond Williams, DB- 5A Euless Trinity

Congrats to the three 3A players on making it in the top 15 players in the Tarrant County and surrounding area.

Chief Woodman
08-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Dane is probably overated since he has a "padded schedule" as J2K says.

Old Dog
08-28-2003, 10:38 PM
I've been in Stephenville assisting my daughter at Tarleton. She shattered her ankle 6 weeks ago and needed a leg man this first week.

I picked up the Star-Telegram and really enjoyed the articles in the high school sports special. The portion about the 3A schools was nice and especially enjoyed the Everman article. The part about gate receipts was very interesting too.

VWG
08-29-2003, 06:51 AM
I agree that the article about gate receipts, etc.. was very interesting. You think about college football and the money it generates for schools and universities, but it also helps the high school level. As you could see, it can help in a big way. Southlake Carroll blew everybody away in $$$ made during the season, but then again Southlake has an average median income per family of about $110,000 per year.