PDA

View Full Version : BELLVILLE vs NEEDVILLE softball warmup

BTEXDAD
05-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Bellville and Needville had a warmup game in Needville tues nite and it was a good one. Second really good softball game the two teams have played this year.
Bellville won 1-0 in Bellville early in season with run in bottom of 6th, although being outhit by the Lady Jays 5-1.
Last nite, a couple or errors hurt Lady Jays. Bellville led 2-0 going into bottom of 7th when Needville scored two to tie with winning run on second base.
In the 8th, Bellville scored two more and won the game 4-2.
Bellville sincerely hopes Needville gets another chance to beat us this year (that would be in state finals and would mean we BOTH made it).
Go Brahmanettes and Lady Jays!

18handicap
05-04-2005, 08:49 AM
I was there at the game and it was the first time I saw Bellville all year and they have a real good team. Knowing what I know about Needville, they are glad they got this one out of the way. They made mistakes that they normally don't make and stuggled the entire game (but Bellville was also part of the reason). It was one of those games, that you are glad to get out of your system. Good luck to both teams this week.

BTEXDAD
05-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Believe it or not, 18handicap, that was Bellville's JV pitcher throwing, although she has pitched some varsity also. Either she was getting tired or Needville was figuring her out in last few innings. They were starting to hit the ball hard and Bellville was fortunate not to give up more runs thanks to some good defense.
Bellville plays Lorena thurs nite and coach wanted to rest main pitcher while also not showing everything to Lorena coaches who were at game scouting.
I don't necesarily agree with that thinking, but it was a good warmup game for both teams in that they had to play under some pressure in tight ball game.

Phil C
05-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Did Bellville score on the ace pitcher. A lot of times they change pitchers after five innings in warm up games.

BTEXDAD
05-04-2005, 09:58 AM
it was the pumphrey girl who also pitched against us in Bellville. She pitched entire game. Good movement on ball, good changeup. Bellville hit her better last nite than they did earlier in year in bellville.
two runs earned, two unearned.

18handicap
05-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Needville did change pitchers during the game from their number 1, Kathleen Pumphrey, to their number 2, Jenna Pumphrey. Hard to tell the difference.

If that was Bellville's #2, I hate to see the #1. I thought the Bellville pitcher was effective.

I was just saying before that this was one of those games which both teams needed to get out of their systems before the real playoff games begin. It was a little sloppy and both teams had a little rust fall off. That is a good thing!

BTEXDAD
05-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I apologize 18, those girls do look alike and I missed the change. I guess they should look alike since they're twins, huh.
I assume the second one was their ace(?).
She seemed more effective. I just thought she was getting her rhythm.
The Bellville pitcher did throw all 8 innings. That much I do know, since she doesn't have a twin sister (although she does have sister on the team).
I would have thrown our regular pitcher at least a few innings if I was coaching and possibly our coach would have also but the pitcher we had was throwing well.

p.s. good thing Bellville coach doesn't have me scouting games for him. I don't even catch pitching changes.

18handicap
05-04-2005, 12:10 PM
No, the ace was the first pitcher.......I think the Bellville coach did right and he's a friend of mine too because the Lorena coaches were there at the game and they didn't get to see the #1.