PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Lopez wants to be first female US president

pirate44
05-04-2005, 06:32 AM
BERLIN (AFP) - After conquering Hollywood and the pop charts, Latina superstar Jennifer Lopez says she is ready to wrestle George W. Bush out of the White House.

"I'm a total powerhouse. If you ask me, I'd like to become the first female president -- that would be really cool," J.Lo told German celebrity glossy Bravo in an issue to be published Wednesday.

"The first thing I would do is redecorate the White House -- it doesn't look very cozy."

"La Lopez", 35, said the best break from her growing entertainment empire is housekeeping.

"Believe it or not -- I clean my house! All the stress disappears when I'm straightening up," she said, in comments published in German.

Lopez said she was sure after two divorces and her "Bennifer" engagement debacle with actor Ben Affleck that her marriage with singer Marc Anthony would last.

"I have a very good feeling and am sure that we will never part," he said.

"I think he would father beautiful children."

LH Panther Mom
05-04-2005, 06:38 AM
Good grief! That's one of the goofiest things I've heard in a while. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate44
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
i love the fact that the first thing she would do is redecorate the white house

ROFL:clap:

CHS_CG
05-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Thats like jason tryin to run for senate... scary thought!

LH Panther Mom
05-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Thats like jason tryin to run for senate... scary thought!

:eek: :eek: :doh:

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-04-2005, 06:56 AM
I would express my opinions on this matter but I feel that it would get political and I always follow the rules so I must plead the 5th on this subject.

CHS_CG
05-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I would express my opinions on this matter but I feel that it would get political and I always follow the rules so I must plead the 5th on this subject.

well lets hope people will be smart enough NOT to make this a political thread.

pirate44
05-04-2005, 07:19 AM
oh great. the "P" word was used. here comes the flood. RM might as well go ahead and close the thread.

CHS_CG
05-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
oh great. the "P" word was used. here comes the flood. RM might as well go ahead and close the thread.

lol which p word.. people or politcal?? bc appently both are dangerous words around here (some people cant keep politics outta a simple thread to make u laugh in the morning)

spiveyrat
05-04-2005, 07:44 AM
BERLIN (AFP) - After conquering Hollywood and the pop charts, Latina superstar Jennifer Lopez says she is ready to wrestle George W. Bush out of the White House.

"I'm a total powerhouse. If you ask me, I'd like to become the first female president -- that would be really cool," J.Lo told German celebrity glossy Bravo in an issue to be published Wednesday.

"The first thing I would do is redecorate the White House -- it doesn't look very cozy."

"La Lopez", 35, said the best break from her growing entertainment empire is housekeeping.

"Believe it or not -- I clean my house! All the stress disappears when I'm straightening up," she said, in comments published in German.

Lopez said she was sure after two divorces and her "Bennifer" engagement debacle with actor Ben Affleck that her marriage with singer Marc Anthony would last.

"I think he would father beautiful children." :doh:

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Well we cant make this a political thread, so I'll make it a gender thread. This doesnt just apply to J-lo, but to all females, "Silly women, the Presidency is for men.":D

ej2525
05-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
:doh:

I hear ya!!! :doh: :hand:

Phil C
05-04-2005, 08:31 AM
The only thing is that Americans traditionally don't vote for divorces but maybe this is an exception. Her first marriage ended in divorce. I remember an article after she had made the Selena movie and the guy proposed to her in front of a lot of fans. The fans were shouting "Wait! Think it over!" She didnt' listen to her fans and it probably cost her the presidency - poor thing!

:D

LH Panther Mom
05-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
but to all females, "Silly women, the Presidency is for men.":D

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/didwhat.gif

pirate4state
05-04-2005, 09:01 AM
:rolleyes: She has been "quoted" as saying some pretty dumb things lately!! :rolleyes: Movie stars! :rolleyes:

pancho villa
05-04-2005, 10:32 AM
I would vote for her if she came to my house and cleaned it.(naked)

girlygal
05-04-2005, 10:50 AM
i needed a good laugh this morning!!!!:)

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Well we cant make this a political thread, so I'll make it a gender thread. This doesnt just apply to J-lo, but to all females, "Silly women, the Presidency is for men.":D

HAHAHA that's great

GOFOR2
05-04-2005, 01:20 PM

"I think he would father beautiful children."

I wouldnt mind being her secret service agent!
;)

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I wouldnt mind being her secret service agent!
;)
how about an intern:D

GOFOR2
05-04-2005, 01:29 PM
how about an intern:D

ooo yea!!!
even better! :D

TheDOCTORdre
05-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I am disappointed I thought this would have gotten more of a stir out of the women

Ranger Mom
05-04-2005, 01:35 PM
I am disappointed I thought this would have gotten more of a stir out of the women

Well Dre.......we women are considering the "source"!!:) :D

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
look at it this way dre, she's got the "backing" to do the job, think about that one

ILS1
05-04-2005, 03:57 PM
That's kinda funny that the first thing she would do is redecorate the White House. Yeah,because all that Budget Deficit,Foreign Policy,Hunger,Social Security,Health Care,Homelessness,Homeland Security,Terrorism and Iraq War talk are just for the birds!!!!

:eek: