View Full Version : 2006 Draft Features top Notch Qb's

Kool Tarpon 21
05-03-2005, 12:20 PM
This is TidalWave....

1.Matt Leinhart
2.Vincent Young
3.Marcus Vick
4.Reggie McNeal

Damn I wonder what team is gonna get Marcus Vick...If I was a team I would make our team get dead last to get 1st draft choice...haha...peace out

AggieJohn
05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
yeah that's a logical thought KT

tigers05
05-03-2005, 02:09 PM
interesting, one great qb and 3 great running backs/receivers.

District303aPastPlayer
05-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by tigers05

my thoughts exactly

big daddy russ
05-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by tigers05
Well, maybe not by the end of next year. McNeal started blossoming as a passer last year and by all accounts from Spring drills in Austin Young's effectiveness in the air game should go up 100 fold. If they keep developing throughout the year we may actually have another two Mike Vick-types in the NFL.

District303aPastPlayer
05-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well, maybe not by the end of next year. McNeal started blossoming as a passer last year and by all accounts from Spring drills in Austin Young's effectiveness in the air game should go up 100 fold. If they keep developing throughout the year we may actually have another two Mike Vick-types in the NFL.

if they get put onto good teams, and have an immediate role into that team, it may be scary. Imagine Young or McNeal replacing Harrington. . . with those recievers and a shifty QB....hmmm possibilities are endless...

big daddy russ
05-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if they get put onto good teams, and have an immediate role into that team, it may be scary. Imagine Young or McNeal replacing Harrington. . . with those recievers and a shifty QB....hmmm possibilities are endless...
You know, if Young just worked on his throwing form a little he'd be a perfect fit in San Fransisco. They had a version the West Coast offense last year so he'd have plenty of short options to drop it off to... and his ability to get out of the pocket when it collapses and make positive yards out of nothing would be perfect for that scheme. That's what made Steve Young the QB he was.

Of course, it's just wishful thinking with Alex on board, but dang that would be a fun team to watch. He'd take all the pressure off their receivers.

AggieJohn
05-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Leinart will be a decent qb in the pro's
Reggie and VY will be moved to WR, they know it and they accept it
Vick Jr. will get in trouble and fizz out( imean the vick family hasn't done too much to protect the family image lately a.k.a. ron mexico)

that's my predictions

JettJenkins04
05-03-2005, 09:47 PM
That's where I believe you are wrong, I believe that all of these young men can step up and be good qb's in the NFL. Why not give them a chance at what they do. They all have won games and knows how it feels to win. It's just that people don't want to see this because of the possibility of seeing 8+ african american starting qb's in the NFL in the near future. Now would'nt this just be something to think about.

Bellville22
05-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Leinart will be a decent qb in the pro's
Reggie and VY will be moved to WR, they know it and they accept it
Vick Jr. will get in trouble and fizz out( imean the vick family hasn't done too much to protect the family image lately a.k.a. ron mexico)

that's my predictions

Reggie will be a NFL quarterback. As will Leinart. McNeal has arguably the strongest arm in college football. He's capable of making all the NFL throws. From what I have heard, has the mental capabilities as well. Plus running a sub-4.4 doesn't hurt. Could be throwing the ball to V. Young one day, that'd be fun to watch.

Specklebelly
05-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
That's where I believe you are wrong, I believe that all of these young men can step up and be good qb's in the NFL. Why not give them a chance at what they do. They all have won games and knows how it feels to win. It's just that people don't want to see this because of the possibility of seeing 8+ african american starting qb's in the NFL in the near future. Now would'nt this just be something to think about.

Dont try to start something here and play the race card. They have their chance to prove their worth. Its called NCAA football. Their NFL ability has nothing to do with color and everything to do with passing accuracy and decision making in the pocket. Donovan McNabb is black but without a doubt one of the NFL's top three decision makers under pressure in the pocket. He knows how to find open receivers and hit them in the numbers. Young, McNeal and the younger Vick have not proven they can make those throws. McNeal has shown some promise in the passing game but Young better make some large strides this year to be considered an NFL QB prospect. Otherwise, he'll be following in Matt Jones' footsteps and man, he would likely be one frightening receiver. Fact is, the best QB in the NCAA next year and the #1 QB prospect will be Chris Leak.

AggieJohn
05-03-2005, 10:49 PM

now don't go all rush limbaugh on me, or the complete reverse of it....the fact is that reggies legs are two skinny to be a NFL qb, he does have the arm power, but what did aggies do so well with this year, the option, and his blazing speed will stopped in the NFL by OLB...the same can be sayed for VY, he is a decent Qb in the NCAA ranks but will lack bulk to be an NFL qb, both will be very decent WR...none of these are the next coming of micheal vick, not even his brother, they all don't have the bulk that vick has....

sahen
05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
i still think, even with vick's success ur running a huge risk as a coach/gm/owner by putting a mcneal, young, or vick like QB behind center because of their prone position....the linebackers in the NFL are not the same as teh college ones, they r fast in a lotta cases as fast as the quarterbacks i mentioned and twice as heavy....those 2 collide head on and u have an unconscious QB...even if the QB is as big as a linebacker and both go down, a linebacker with a concussion has a battle scar, a QB with a concussion is useless, sometimes for a long time....the risk of having these guys at QB is tremendous from the injury standpoint (and concussions is not the only injury they r prone too, broken legs, arms, and ribs seem highly likely as well plus didnt that happen to vick 2 years ago?)....

AggieJohn
05-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by sahen
(and concussions is not the only injury they r prone too, broken legs, arms, and ribs seem highly likely as well plus didnt that happen to vick 2 years ago?)....

yeah that's when me and my friends call him vick-fibula

JettJenkins04
05-04-2005, 12:21 AM

I was just joking around with this, just wanted to see what everyone would have to say about that. We all know that the NCAA is alot different from the NFL. And thats true, none of these qb's has really showed us that they have the capability of being a great qb in the NFL.

District303aPastPlayer
05-04-2005, 02:52 AM
what year is Drew Tate in... havent heard his name in a while..

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 02:57 AM
should be a junior if i'm right

sahen
05-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Tate graduated at the same time i did (he went to the other high school in the same town i graduated from too)....he is a sophomore this year and a junior next year....he can leave at the end of next year if he wants too but still has 3 years of college elgibility left because he was redshirted his freshman year....he might leave at the end of the year if he has another year like this, but knowing the Tate "legacy" in Baytown i wouldnt be suprised if he tried to break every record known to man at Iowa and D1A so he can brag about it for the rest of his life....:) not that i have any hard feeligns toward the arrogant little S.O.B....

Bellville22
05-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
.the fact is that reggies legs are two skinny to be a NFL qb

That's one of the funniest things I've heard. Yea, once Reggie checks into the combine and they measure the circumference of his calf, he'll be done for sure. Nevermind the fact that he is 6'3", can make all the NFL throws, has superb arm strength, and runs a 4.34 dash.

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by sahen
Tate graduated at the same time i did (he went to the other high school in the same town i graduated from too)....he is a sophomore this year and a junior next year....he can leave at the end of next year if he wants too but still has 3 years of college elgibility left because he was redshirted his freshman year....he might leave at the end of the year if he has another year like this, but knowing the Tate "legacy" in Baytown i wouldnt be suprised if he tried to break every record known to man at Iowa and D1A so he can brag about it for the rest of his life....:) not that i have any hard feeligns toward the arrogant little S.O.B....

only because you went to sterling, drew tate is tha man

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
That's one of the funniest things I've heard. Yea, once Reggie checks into the combine and they measure the circumference of his calf, he'll be done for sure. Nevermind the fact that he is 6'3", can make all the NFL throws, has superb arm strength, and runs a 4.34 dash.

don't get me wrong i would love for him to be a NFL Qb, it would say something for A&M, but i just don't think that he becomes and NFL qb because of he isn't strong waist down, he doesn't have much muscle mass

http://www.cnnsi.com/football/college/news/2002/11/09/oklahoma_texasam_ap/t1_mcneal_ap.jpg http://www.ferris.edu/htmls/sports/football/04news/MyersactionIII.jpg
reggie getting a take by a guy like this is on going to make him superb in the NFL

Keith7
05-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22

i'm not buying this 4.34 40

KL3
05-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Kieth7, you'd better believe it. He averaged a 4.31 in 3 runs in front of NFL scouts a couple of weeks ago.

Leinart and Reggie will be NFL QB's, Vince will be a WR, but I haven't seen enough of Vick to say.

Here is the article from Friday's with Fran talking about Reggie's times.

Reggie (http://www.coachfran.com/news.aspx?id=271)

Crow22
05-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Jenk....don't stoop to the race card......you're better than that......

Coach P

AggieJohn
05-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Jenk....don't stoop to the race card......you're better than that......

Coach P

thank you so much

Bulldog_12
05-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the article. I was glad to read that Red impressed the scouts as well. A 4.85 for a 315 lb lineman. Not bad at all.

Bellville22
05-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
i'm not buying this 4.34 40

'KL3' was so kind as to provide the proof. I looked for the article to link, but I still haven't figured out how to post stuff like that. Be sure to check out the link on his post 'Keith7'