PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Legislature honors UT's Adrian Alaniz (former Sinton Pirate!)

Phil C
05-03-2005, 08:25 AM
It was for his no-hitter against Oklahoma on April 16 and the honor was from the Texas State Senate. Way to go Adrian!!

pirate44
05-03-2005, 08:29 AM
how did they honor him Phil C?

Phil C
05-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Pirate44 he was honored Monday and was accompanied by his parents and head coach. A resolution was adopted and read before the Senate honoring him for his no hitter. On April 16 UT was similarly honored for winning the Rose Bowl. I am sure more details will be in the Corpus Christi Caller/Times tomorrow.

pirate44
05-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Pirate44 he was honored Monday and was accompanied by his parents and head coach. A resolution was adopted and read before the Senate honoring him for his no hitter. On April 16 UT was similarly honored for winning the Rose Bowl. I am sure more details will be in the Corpus Christi Caller/Times tomorrow.
strange thing to do for a single player, but i guess our legislature has done stranger. congrats to Adrian and his family.

pirate4state
05-03-2005, 09:51 AM
You can go to texas sports (http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=18&url_article_id=1584&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2) and read about it. They have some really nice pictures as well. :)

pirate44
05-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You can go to texas sports (http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=18&url_article_id=1584&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2) and read about it. They have some really nice pictures as well. :)
nice read P4S. thanks

scrub c
05-03-2005, 10:02 AM
thats nice,

now they need to quit dicking around and get our teachers a raise and figure out some school finance!

pirate4state
05-03-2005, 10:06 AM
:eek: Scrub!! :eek:

scrub c
05-03-2005, 10:23 AM
SORRY !

wont do that again

pirate44
05-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
SORRY !

wont do that again
i dont think recognizing his accomplishment was d!cking around. but i guess youre entitled to your opinion.

scrub c
05-03-2005, 10:28 AM
you are correct, that is not what i intended. GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT, could not have been against a better opponent.

I wish somebody from our town could/would do something that great.

pirate44
05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
you are correct, that is not what i intended. GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT, could not have been against a better opponent.

I wish somebody from our town could/would do something that great.
LOL..i thought about it and i guess read it wrong. i know what ya mean though.

Phil C
05-03-2005, 10:33 AM
In a way I agree with scrub! I think they should honor the Sinton GodFather with a nice resolution thanking him for his support of the Sinton Pirates, UT and Spurs, and emphasizing why the Sinton GodFather is wonderful, and why they are greatful I tell everyone about Dawn at Socorro, and why they should love me and ____________.

:D

pirate4state
05-03-2005, 11:07 AM
SORRY !

wont do that again I just meant, maybe you should edit. ;)

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2005, 12:18 PM
thats nice,

now they need to quit dicking around and get our teachers a raise and figure out some school finance!

LOL...:D

Congratulations to Adrian and his family.:thumbsup:

raider red 2000
05-03-2005, 12:56 PM
no chance to edit now....is tht short for richarding????

i think that it is a good accomplishment, but seriously to waste our tax paying money for this....did they give credit to the catcher or the outfielders....i dont think that he struck everyone out and then hit a home run to make sure that he won the game by himself.

if you are going to waste the time...bring in the other team and tell them that they need to hit the ball better.

pirate4state
05-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
no chance to edit now....is tht short for richarding????

i think that it is a good accomplishment, but seriously to waste our tax paying money for this....did they give credit to the catcher or the outfielders....i dont think that he struck everyone out and then hit a home run to make sure that he won the game by himself.

if you are going to waste the time...bring in the other team and tell them that they need to hit the ball better. maybe they did and he has thanked his teammates. lighten up people!

AggieJohn
05-03-2005, 01:05 PM
thats nice,

i have fallen in love with you now after that comment

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2005, 01:07 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i have fallen in love with you now after that comment

it was that time of the month last week, now you love a man... are you SURE you have a girlfriend? i mean... really son...