PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2006 Race for the Heisman

injuredinmelee
05-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Comes out July 17th hs anyone read the prelim reports on this game. It is gonna be the BEST yet!!!

big daddy russ
05-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Who's going to make it? EA?

Keith7
05-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Yes.. I can't wait til this game comes out.. its a good game to hold me over til Madden comes out.. This year on NCAA they have Rivals.com give scouting reports plus there is year round recruiting..

They also have cool new drills like 7 on 7, and the Oklahoma Drill..

Should be an awesome game and I can't wait til it is out

Keith7
05-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Here are some cool Screenshots.. Sorry they are so big

http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/ncaa/screenshots/firstlook/640x412/4.jpg http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/ncaa/screenshots/firstlook/640x412/12.jpg

AggieJohn
05-03-2005, 01:07 PM
oklahoma drill, what's that, to have your head coach go back and forth into texas over and over again

Keith7
05-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
oklahoma drill, what's that, to have your head coach go back and forth into texas over and over again

No its a drill done by linebackers.. Oklahoma has always been known for their great linebackers and they came up with the drill so thats how they got the name.. i figured most people would know that

AggieJohn
05-03-2005, 01:12 PM
i never played high school football, i was the waterboy

injuredinmelee
05-03-2005, 02:39 PM
When you turn the game on supposedly you try different drills for college coaches and depending on how well you do you recieve scholarship offers. The better you do the better colleges that offer you. You will also have your own dorm room feature and the better you become the better your room and the picture of your gf on your desk will become.

mwynn05
05-03-2005, 02:47 PM
It wont be much different than it has been since ncaa 2002, I still love the game though.

Bulldog_12
05-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I figure they will add in a lot of the things from the ESPN games since they just bought that franchise. I know that they will now use the gameday setup and actually show a pregame with Corso, Herbstreit, and Nessler. You will get to see all of that plus a lot has changed with the stadiums i.e. the sky is different, people in the stands will look different, etc. They will also feature some of the moves from the Madden franchise. The "hit stick" will be used to control game breaking moves such as Quarterback side steps, ankle breaking jukes, etc. There will alos be a few game breaker athletes on each team that can use his abilities to break the game open for your team. You will be able to see who he is and where he will be lined up in play selection so that you can use him to the best of his abilities. This is all just speculation from various websites, but most of this info is directly from the EASports website. Also, quick sidenote, Desmond Howard (former heisman winner from Michigan) has been selected as the cover picture.

District303aPastPlayer
05-03-2005, 02:56 PM
what gaming systems will this be available on?

Bulldog_12
05-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
what gaming systems will this be available on?

Right now it looks like XBox and PS2.

big daddy russ
05-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm on it as soon as it comes out. We'll have to get some online games together, boys.

Bulldog_12
05-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm on it as soon as it comes out. We'll have to get some online games together, boys.

HECK YEAH! Lets do it. Ill be home for the summer and Ill have my internet ability again.

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Ya'll need to get it on ps2 so I can continue my reign of being 3adownlow/texasHSfootball NCAA Football champion.

Anyone up for some NCAA 2005(ps2) right now or sometime this week?

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Even though no other company released a college football game last year, EA sports grabbed the rights to be able to produce them. Just like they did with the NFL.

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Desmond Howard catches NCAA 06 cover
Former Heisman-Trophy-winner harkens back to his glory days by covering EA's campus football game; game to ship July.
Desmond Howard, former NFL player with five teams, has been selected by EA for the game's cover, breaking a string of first-year NFL athletes to lend their 2D image for promotional purposes. 2005's cover athlete was Pittsburgh wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, now with the Arizona Cardinals, 2004 was graced by USC's Carson Palmer, now taking snaps with the Cincinnati Bengals, and 2003 saw Oregon's Joey Harrington, now throwing bombs to Detroit Lions receivers, on the cover. Other previous cover athletes include Chris Weinke and Shaun Alexander.

As a wide receiver and kick returner for the Michigan Wolverines, Howard used his agility and speed to catch 19 touchdowns in his junior year for the Big Blue. Howard went on to play for five teams in the NFL, his greatest moment being named MVP of Super Bowl XXXI, where he returned a kick 99 yards for a touchdown against the New England Patriots.

Though Howard played his last NFL game in 2002, the electric playmaker was selected for having one of the most memorable Heisman-Trophy-winning seasons in the history of the NCAA. His selection was designed to hype NCAA Football 06's all-new race for the Heisman mode, which lets gamers go from prep star to college's best player.

"Desmond Howard provided one of the most vivid Heisman moments in college football history and what better way to capture the essence of NCAA Football 06 than by putting his memorable Heisman touchdown pose on the cover of our game," said Todd Sitrin, Vice President, Marketing at EA's Tiburon studio.

EA, which owns the exclusive licensing rights to NCAA Football-themed games, also gave a more concrete release date for NCAA Football 06, previously slapped with TBD. The game will take the field in July on the Xbox and PlayStation 2, and is currently in development at EA Tiburon.

injuredinmelee
05-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
It wont be much different than it has been since ncaa 2002, I still love the game though.
Its gonna be ALOT different.

Also a side note.. check out the info on Madden that is to be released August 8th. Its gonna be much harder to pass.

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Alot of info has already been released about the new passing system.

JettJenkins04
05-03-2005, 09:36 PM
What ever NCAA alows you to do, The Madden will not allow you to. In other words if you can run or pass well on the NCAA, you can not do it on the Madden as well.

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 09:43 PM
What makes you say that?

JettJenkins04
05-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Because that's how it's been in the past atleast from my experience. I can pass the ball great on Madden, but on NCAA they drop everything and to many over throws.