PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks vs. Rockets

KTJ
05-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Dallas does it again and wins game 5 to lead the series 3-2.

The Mavs have done an awesome job since the first two games and Houston is struggling. Here's hoping we can pull off another one in game 6 on Thursday and close this series out.

Pmoney
05-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Go 3-0 at Houston(in playoffs)!!!! :clap:

TOPS1435
05-02-2005, 10:17 PM
They were spreading around the glory. Six players in double figures. Dirk with a double-double with 13 rebounds. Mav advantage in turnovers, rebounds, 3-points and the scoreboard!

wildstangs
05-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Even though it prolly wouldnt have changed the outcome...dallas got away with a huge mistake when that maverick stole the ball from out of bounds.

Leopards,class of 75
05-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Dallas in 6???? I think so.

Bull's-eye
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Even though it prolly wouldnt have changed the outcome...dallas got away with a huge mistake when that maverick stole the ball from out of bounds.
:confused: I think most Rocket fans would disagree! Houston did miss 8-16 free throws in the 4th quarter. That really hurt, but the biggest play was at the end of the first half. Mutombo is clearly fouled, but the ref calls jump ball. Dallas wins the tip and make a 3 point shot. That is a possible 6 point turn around!

jason
05-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Mutombo is clearly fouled, but the ref calls jump ball i didnt think there was a foul at all, that was one of the best calls in a, in my opinion, very poorly officiated game......
you can thank van gundy for that though.....

sahen
05-02-2005, 10:56 PM
yao needs to not miss 5 free throws in the 4th quarter....not that it was just his fault but he had the most obvious issues at the free throw line....

Bull's-eye
05-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I flipped to the local Houston channel. They showed a replay that shows the defender grabbing Mutombo's arm. They also showed a clip of several plays where Yao is getting fouled, but no calls. On the last play, McGrady had his foot on the line. T-Mac didn't see a wide open Wesley, who was on the left wing.

Astrosdawg07
05-02-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm not even going to whatch game 6, I get so pissed about the officiating. I really wish Yao would just start throwing ELBOWS! Hell he is gonna get called for the foul anyway. It's damn PAST ridiculous!

Bulldog_12
05-02-2005, 11:08 PM
While I agree that the refs missed CRUCIAL calls that could have, at least, tied the game; The Rockets put themselves in this position. Yao missed the free throws and let Dallas get WAYYYY too many offensive rebounds. I told my friend today that whoever wins tonights game wins the series. I hope I'm not right.

GUNHO
05-03-2005, 07:47 AM
As bad as the Rockets are playing and it seems most of the calls are going to Dallas the Rockets are still keeping these games close.If I were Dallas I would be thankful at this point.It's time for Houston to have a good game and that means a win.Here's hopeing for a game seven.

JasperDog94
05-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Even though it prolly wouldnt have changed the outcome...dallas got away with a huge mistake when that maverick stole the ball from out of bounds. What do you mean? I mean his foot was only 2 feet out of bounds when he stole the ball late in the game. Then Dallas got fouled in the process of going for the loose ball. A possible 4 point swing that late in the game is unacceptable. Those officials were terrible.:mad:

Maroon87
05-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What do you mean? I mean his foot was only 2 feet out of bounds when he stole the ball late in the game. Then Dallas got fouled in the process of going for the loose ball. A possible 4 point swing that late in the game is unacceptable. Those officials were terrible.:mad:

The Spurs/Nuggets game last night might've actually been worse. Tim Duncan gets called for his 6th foul in OT when Carmelo Anthony just falls down on his own while driving to the hoop. Fortunately it didn't affect the outcome. I think the 2 teams combined to shoot about 1,000 foul shots. The third quarter in particular was basically unwatchable.

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
:confused: I think most Rocket fans would disagree! Houston did miss 8-16 free throws in the 4th quarter. That really hurt, but the biggest play was at the end of the first half. Mutombo is clearly fouled, but the ref calls jump ball. Dallas wins the tip and make a 3 point shot. That is a possible 6 point turn around!
You mean this play?
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/TXFOR10305030305.jpeg
where Stackhouse has all ball , even so Deke should of got that tip, he is over a foot taller.

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I'm not even going to whatch game 6, I get so pissed about the officiating. I really wish Yao would just start throwing ELBOWS! Hell he is gonna get called for the foul anyway. It's damn PAST ridiculous!
Please, take off you rockette glasses. Bad calls have been made all series evenly for BOTH teams. What about when yao was hit in the face with the ball and Dirk was called for his 5th foul?

Holmes_Fans
05-03-2005, 07:39 PM
I flipped to the local Houston channel. They showed a replay that shows the defender grabbing Mutombo's arm.
see above

They also showed a clip of several plays where Yao is getting fouled, but no calls.
What about all the moving screens he sets

On the last play, McGrady had his foot on the line. T-Mac didn't see a wide open Wesley, who was on the left wing.
He had 2 seconds to shoot it, don't think he had time to pass it. Would of been nice if it went in though