PDA

View Full Version : Coach Kinne back in hospital

lepfan
05-02-2005, 08:59 PM
May 2, 2005, 11:53AM Houston Chronicle

Coach shot at school takes turn for the worse
Associated Press

TYLER— An East Texas high school football coach allegedly shot by a player's father at school last month is back in a Tyler hospital.

Trinity Mother Frances spokesman John Moore said Canton High School coach and athletic director Gary Joe Kinne returned to the hospital Sunday.

Moore said Kinne is listed in serious condition and that Kinne's family has asked that no other information on the coach's condition be released.

Canton schools Superintendent Larry Davis said through a secretary that he would not comment.

The hospital discharged Kinne on April 25 after several surgeries, including on his severely damaged liver.

Police said Jeffrey Robertson shot and critically wounded Kinne in the abdomen at the school's athletic field house on April 7.

Robertson, whose son played freshman football at Canton, remains in the Van Zandt County jail in Canton and could face life in prison if convicted of first-degree felony assault.

CheerMom
05-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I hate to hear this. My prayers and thoughts continue to be with him and his family.

LH Panther Mom
05-02-2005, 09:08 PM
That's just awful. :( I hope things turn around for him.

Bulldog_12
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Thats horrible. I hope he is ok. Hopefully everything will turn out well for this tormented family. My prayers are with them.

TOPS1435
05-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Keep those prayers acomin'. So much loss to his liver, he will not have an easy recovery. He needs all the help he can get.

Got this from Smoaky.com

Re: Canton coach back in hospital
Posted: 5/2/05 12:23 PM
[Post#: 776844 / re: 776839]

Got this from the yahoo group message board

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/COACHGARYKINNE/

Friends of Gary Joe

I am very sad to report that Gary Joe had to be taken back to the hospital today, May 1. He had fluid in his chest and liver. Both have been treated and he is resting now in ICU. He is expected to be in the hospital at least another week. He asked that I report this here on the website and to please ask that everyone keep PRAYING!! He feels the prayers and knows that that is what is getting him through this very difficult time.
So many of you have sent messages about the many people that are praying, so please let everyone know that he still needs many, many prayers.
Please remember that he will only be able to visit with family members at this time.

Astrosdawg07
05-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Keep those prayers acomin'. So much loss to his liver, he will not have an easy recovery. He needs all the help he can get.

Got this from Smoaky.com

Re: Canton coach back in hospital
Posted: 5/2/05 12:23 PM
[Post#: 776844 / re: 776839]

Got this from the yahoo group message board

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/COACHGARYKINNE/

I whish this criminal would get the DEATH PENALTY!

Friends of Gary Joe

I am very sad to report that Gary Joe had to be taken back to the hospital today, May 1. He had fluid in his chest and liver. Both have been treated and he is resting now in ICU. He is expected to be in the hospital at least another week. He asked that I report this here on the website and to please ask that everyone keep PRAYING!! He feels the prayers and knows that that is what is getting him through this very difficult time.
So many of you have sent messages about the many people that are praying, so please let everyone know that he still needs many, many prayers.
Please remember that he will only be able to visit with family members at this time.

Astrosdawg07
05-02-2005, 11:07 PM
I whish the criminal would get the DEATH PENALTY!

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
My continued thoughts and prayers are with this man and his family.:(

Thanks for posting this update and any others you come across...

Ranger Mom
05-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I whish the criminal would get the DEATH PENALTY!

I understand your sentiments....but remember, for anyone to get the DEATH PENALTY...someone else has to die first.

We certainly don't want that!!