PDA

View Full Version : Jason White will not return to camp...

lepfan
05-01-2005, 11:32 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/1487930/?template=home/main

Now he can move forward with his other game plan! (and probably still be walking when he is 50 ;) )

AggieJohn
05-01-2005, 11:50 PM
could you post part of it

lepfan
05-02-2005, 12:07 AM
part of what?

AggieJohn
05-02-2005, 12:07 AM
the article you have to subscribe to it when you hit the link

lepfan
05-02-2005, 12:12 AM
let me see if it will let me cut and paste...it didn't earlier

lepfan
05-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Here it is.....(I had to clean the junk out of it...ads and such)

White will not be invited back

By George Schroeder
The Oklahoman

After a 3 day tryout with the Kansas City Chiefs, former University of Oklahoma quarterback Jason White found out Sunday he will not be invited back .
Chiefs quarterback coach Terry Shea said it was a numbers game.

The Chiefs already have three quarterbacks under contract and drafted Tulsa's James Kilian with a sixth round pick.

"I won't be back here," said White, a former Heisman Trophy winner. "They don't have a spot. I kind of knew that already."

The Oklahoman's Mike Sherman contributed to this story.

AggieJohn
05-02-2005, 12:18 AM
thanks

scrub c
05-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Well, that cant help universities try to keep their "studs" for that extra (senior) year. . .

And I always said, Idiot, go while the getting is good! Take your big signing bonus, find out if you can play or not, then go back and finish college.

Oh well, I guess that is a non-athletes perspective . . .

mwynn05
05-02-2005, 07:47 AM
He was never going to get a big signing bonus, no NFL team wants a 24 or 25 year old rookie with 2 bad knees

Phil C
05-02-2005, 08:28 AM
You already missed out on Chance Mock! Quick Dallas - Get on that Phone!

lepfan
05-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
that cant help universities try to keep their "studs" for that extra (senior) year. . .

That will have no bearing on any players staying for their senior year....where did you dream up that idea... ????

And to add....yes I am sure Jason White is a little down that he did not make it to the NFL....but it seems that the Jason White non supporters are having a harder time with it. He has already said he will move on....it is not the end of the world. Not every college player will go to the NFL....be it because of talent, injuries, or both.

scrub c
05-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Okay, but seems to me if I have a good JR year, I had better get out while the getting is good and not go back and risk a SR year that could cost me millions. . .

but i guess that has never happened

lepfan
05-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
Okay, but seems to me if I have a good JR year, I had better get out while the getting is good and not go back and risk a SR year that could cost me millions. . .

but i guess that has never happened

That may be how some think...but I guess not for him. He was down with injuries and surgeries for his junior year....so that theory was already busted for him. He may not have the money a pro player would have....but he will have his "working" body longer than if he went pro. For some reason I don't think he will ever hurt for money. :)

AggieJohn
05-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
That will have no bearing on any players staying for their senior year....where did you dream up that idea... ????

And to add....yes I am sure Jason White is a little down that he did not make it to the NFL....but it seems that the Jason White non supporters are having a harder time with it. He has already said he will move on....it is not the end of the world. Not every college player will go to the NFL....be it because of talent, injuries, or both.

yeah but normally every heisman winner does...

lepfan
05-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah but normally every heisman winner does...

What is normal? Is there such a thing ;)

Obviously, normal is not 2 knee surgeries!

AggieJohn
05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
yeah true then maybe there's a flaw in the system of voting for the heisman candidate, even if it is miniscual