PDA

View Full Version : Region I Track Meet (800)

VERNONLION#1
05-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Did anyone see this event? Heard that the kid from Vernon got disqualified. He very well may have had the fastest time in 3a. I was not able to go as planned. Maybe someone from Abilene Wylie can fill me in on this.

Black_Magic
05-03-2005, 10:14 AM
I saw it. The runner from Vernon was trying to pass on the inside of lane one as they started to into turn 2. The runner from Vernon really didnt have room to pass on the inside because the Wylie runner was running right in the middle of the lane. As the Vernon runner tried to pass he realized there was not enough room to pas so he elbowed then pushed the Wylie runner out of the way. the Wylie runner ended up all the way out in lane 3 because of it. It was a bad shove and Im not suprised at all that he got DQed for it. its a shame because he really didnt need to do that and would have finished in the top 2 anyway. I hear the Wylie coach demanded that they rerun the race even though the Wylie runner finished 6 or 7th place.

BullFrog Dad
05-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Black Magic, Did you see the boys' 3200 meter? That was a disaster.

VERNONLION#1
05-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I saw it. The runner from Vernon was trying to pass on the inside of lane one as they started to into turn 2. The runner from Vernon really didnt have room to pass on the inside because the Wylie runner was running right in the middle of the lane. As the Vernon runner tried to pass he realized there was not enough room to pas so he elbowed then pushed the Wylie runner out of the way. the Wylie runner ended up all the way out in lane 3 because of it. It was a bad shove and Im not suprised at all that he got DQed for it. its a shame because he really didnt need to do that and would have finished in the top 2 anyway. I hear the Wylie coach demanded that they rerun the race even though the Wylie runner finished 6 or 7th place.

Hey Black_Magic, what if any do you know about the Lubbock Cooper coach and this particular incident?

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I saw the 3200 and it was terrible. The judges put up the wrong lap number and never rang the bell or shot the gun for the last lap. The poor kid from Perryton was in second and thought that he finished the race then the crowd yelled at him to continue, but he was burnt out by that point.

I also have to say that Lady Z Motion Jr. finished last in the 3200. She started out too fast and then burnt out and had nothing left. That's ok because she learned from that mistake. I'm sending her to the ACU track camp in June to help her with her running.

Black_Magic
05-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Hey Black_Magic, what if any do you know about the Lubbock Cooper coach and this particular incident? nothing at all. what happend???