PDA

View Full Version : How many D1 guys Shipley played against?

GETBACKCOACH
12-09-2003, 03:35 PM
I was just wondering how many D1 corners or safeties Shipley has seen in the playoffs. Did Wharton, Somerset, Jasper, or Sinton have any? This will help me make my prediction. Gainesville has 2 D1 secondary guys. I am not taking anything away from Shipley. He is great and earned all his respect with his numbers, but he may have to work alittle harder this week.

Junkyard
12-09-2003, 03:38 PM
I dont know about the other teams but Jasper's secondary are all underclassmen. And I dont know if any of them will be legitiment D1 players or not.

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Junkyard ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Junkyard:
I dont know about the other teams but Jasper's secondary are all underclassmen.Really?! Sounds good to me! :D

Phil C
12-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Shipley is all right. He took some hard (but clean) hits from our safeties and kept fighting.

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-09-2003, 03:51 PM
I don't have the answer to the question. However,
D'Nerian Wrighter , All State from Marlin certainly couldn't and didn't stop him. Jordan's vertical
leap is such that unless the backs have an equal leap they won't stop him either. Why do think Texas wanted him? Do you think that if they thought he couldn't play D1 that they would have wanted him?
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
I don't have any ideal which backs we have played
will be D1. I had no interest in them. He has been covered by both All State DB and LBs none of which could stop him. He is NOT the whole problem.
Cody Warner also with excellent speed has over 1000 yds in receptions. So feel free to double him with your 2 D1 backs, who are you going to cover Warner with. They are not your only problems, Our #3 receiver has more yds that your
#2 receiver, go ahead, double both them who's going to cover our #3 and #4 receiver. Now, Do you get it? I promise you this, you don't have 4 D1 backs, do you??

mistanice
12-09-2003, 04:10 PM
how many d1 backs are there in d1 college football? frown

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: mistanice ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-09-2003, 04:12 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
I promise you this, you don't have 4 D1 backs, do you??You don't need 4 D1 backs. Just ask Jasper. They did a great job of keeping up with and (at times) stopping Burnet's offense. I don't think Gainesville can shut down the Burnet O, but you don't have to. Do what Jasper did AND be able to put a few more points on the board and it can be done. I have no idea about Gainesville's program other than they have a great team this year. Wish I could be there to see the game.

thatboy
12-09-2003, 04:16 PM
This year wrighter had a sprained ankle when he played shipley and wrighter isnt a corner he's a safety.But last year in the marlin game shipley was being held by Richardson and i believed he only got 1 catch all night.If you think that it's not true go look at the stats and correct me.
GreatBigBurnetFan:
I don't have the answer to the question. However,
D'Nerian Wrighter , All State from Marlin certainly couldn't and didn't stop him. Jordan's vertical
leap is such that unless the backs have an equal leap they won't stop him either. Why do think Texas wanted him? Do you think that if they thought he couldn't play D1 that they would have wanted him?
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
I don't have any ideal which backs we have played
will be D1. I had no interest in them. He has been covered by both All State DB and LBs none of which could stop him. He is NOT the whole problem.
Cody Warner also with excellent speed has over 1000 yds in receptions. So feel free to double him with your 2 D1 backs, who are you going to cover Warner with. They are not your only problems, Our #3 receiver has more yds that your
#2 receiver, go ahead, double both them who's going to cover our #3 and #4 receiver. Now, Do you get it? I promise you this, you don't have 4 D1 backs, do you??

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-09-2003, 05:13 PM
OK, all you programs and teams with all your schemes. Please refresh my memory, let's see,
haven't we played Jasper twice in the last 2 years and haven't we played Marlin twice in the last two years, this is where I need your help, how many of those 4 games did Burnet lose? All
your big plans and all you schemes got you how many wins, maybe it's coming back to me, that's right I
got it NONE. So folks you can slow us down and do a great job and not get beat by a bunch. IT STILL JUST TAKES 1 POINT FOR BURNET TO WIN. We had coaches making conference calls to beat us too, that didn't work. So just stop with the plottin',
let's play a great game Sat. between Gainesville and Burnet, not all these other teams with all their great plans. It's just a great Gainesville team and a great Burnet team.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
We went through something last year against a
fantastic Everman team that I hope I never have to see again. Burnet scored first and was driving again, when everthing fell apart. This year we are healthy. Hopefully everyone on BOTH teams will
remain healthy and we can just have fun and a great game.

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: GreatBigBurnetFan ]</small>

vet93
12-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Correct me if I am wrong...but aren't coaches supposed to be scheming...you make it sound like that their is something wrong with that. Scheming can work...it is what is used in the NFL all of the time and it is exactly why some staffs seem to have so much success. I would not condemn a coach for having a "conference call" , I would applaud him!

GreatBigBurnetFan:
OK, all you programs and teams with all your schemes. Please refresh my memory, let's see,
haven't we played Jasper twice in the last 2 years and haven't we played Marlin twice in the last two years, this is where I need your help, how many of those 4 games did Burnet lose? All
your big plans and all you schemes got you how many wins, maybe it's coming back to me, that's right I
got it NONE. So folks you can slow us down and do a great job and not get beat by a bunch. IT STILL JUST TAKES 1 POINT FOR BURNET TO WIN. We had coaches making conference calls to beat us too, that didn't work. So just stop with the plottin',
let's play a great game Sat. between Gainesville and Burnet, not all these other teams with all their great plans. It's just a great Gainesville team and a great Burnet team.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan
We went through something last year against a
fantastic Everman team that I hope I never have to see again. Burnet scored first and was driving again, when everthing fell apart. This year we are healthy. Hopefully everyone on BOTH teams will
remain healthy and we can just have fun and a great game.

PAINTBALL
12-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Greatbigburnetfan has a very valid point. Teams all year seem to believe that they must run some type of wierd defense against Burnet to even have a chance to win. Some of the defenses we have seen don't even have names like Marlin's one down lineman. Since these defenses are basically untried, most have weaknesses which may take some time to figure out. Even with the great job of Jaspers three down linemen, Burnet's offense was able to go 47 yards in under 2 minutes to win the game. By this time our staff was able to determine the weakness of this defense.

If other teams try the same type of defense as one we have already seen, our staff knows what will work sooner and the score will usually be higher. I wonder what we will see this week.

I believe our team has been given the highest compliment possible when a coach feels he must try some crazy scheme to even have a chance to win.

vet93
12-09-2003, 05:49 PM
I define scheming as exentuating your strengths and limiting your weaknesses as well as trying to eliminate or control the strenghts and take advantage of the weaknesses of your opponents. If you have glaring weaknesses or your opponents has few...what is wrong with trying something new to try and confuse the other team? I agree...gimmick defenses seldom work on the long term because that they tend to be so unbalanced that they have glaring weaknesses over the course of a game. However...gimmick defenses, to me, are not really what you would call scheming in the classic sense.

PAINTBALL:
Greatbigburnetfan has a very valid point. Teams all year seem to believe that they must run some type of wierd defense against Burnet to even have a chance to win. Some of the defenses we have seen don't even have names like Marlin's one down lineman. Since these defenses are basically untried, most have weaknesses which may take some time to figure out. Even with the great job of Jaspers three down linemen, Burnet's offense was able to go 47 yards in under 2 minutes to win the game. By this time our staff was able to determine the weakness of this defense.

If other teams try the same type of defense as one we have already seen, our staff knows what will work sooner and the score will usually be higher. I wonder what we will see this week.

I believe our team has been given the highest compliment possible when a coach feels he must try some crazy scheme to even have a chance to win.

29x281
12-09-2003, 07:00 PM
How many D1 receivers has McBath faced this year?

How many D1 quarterbacks?

Keith7
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
29x281:
How many D1 receivers has McBath faced this year?

How many D1 quarterbacks?Last Season he faced Ross Roby (WR) of Celina and Phillip Daughtery (QB) of Bridgeport, and hes also faced Caleb Hanie (QB) of Forney this year

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

29x281
12-09-2003, 07:41 PM
As for Roby, I'm sure he's a good player, but I'm not ready to call Trinity Valley CC a D1 school.

Daugherty was 25 of 45 for 336 yards last year against Gainesville. He threw 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

Hanie threw only 13 passes.

Keith7
12-09-2003, 07:44 PM
29x281:
As for Roby, I'm sure he's a good player, but I'm not ready to call Trinity Valley CC a D1 school.

Daugherty was 25 of 45 for 336 yards last year against Gainesville. He threw 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

Hanie threw only 13 passes.Roby was sopposed to go to Arkansas but had bad SAT scores.. so he was still a d-1 recruit..

also Daughty may have passed that much, but how many points did it put on the board?

and as for hanie, Forney knew better then to throw.. and You asked how many d-1 players he has been against and Hanie is a d-1 quarterback

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

espn1
12-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Marlin had a D1 corner and safety!

Dink&dunk7
12-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Looking at what Wylie did against you, it looks like Forney should have thrown more.

Keith7
12-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Dink&dunk7:
Looking at what Wylie did against you, it looks like Forney should have thrown more.Bad tackling led to what Wylie did to us, i'm sure that will be a big issue..

If yall are trying to imply that Burnet is gonna throw all over us and blow out Gainesville yall are wrong

marktaras
12-09-2003, 07:55 PM
How many D1 defensive backs does it take to screw in a light bulb?

29x281
12-09-2003, 08:00 PM
No one's implying anything about throwing all over anyone or blowing anyone out. Burnet has a lot of respect for Gainesville.

That said, I'm merely pointing out that someone could make the same argument re: McBath that GETBACKCOACH is trying to make re: Shipley. The truth is that both teams will probably bring something to the table that the other team hasn't yet seen.

Personally, I see it as a close game in the 30s.

keep_it_real
12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Its gonna be really cool to see Billy Pittman and Jordan Shipley on the field at receiver at the same time, may not be next year but soon enough....I played against both of them.