PDA

View Full Version : Offense Line

cajun1
10-18-2002, 04:49 AM
I applaud and my hat goes off to all the offense linemen that makes the plays for the QB's so they can have time to throw the ball to the wide receivers to make them big plays as well as opening up them holes for the running back's to make them yards!
You are noticed. It may not show it at times from all of us but, we do Thank you for your hard work
and dedication!!!!!

Pudlugger
10-18-2002, 07:04 AM
I second that emotion Cajun1. Offensive lineman are often overlooked when praise is given for a big play. Those guys make or break a team and should be accorded great respect. It is dedication to the team that motivates offensive lineman. When the team scores they are as much a part of it as the ballcarrier. Great running backs know this. Eric Dickerson bought gold Rolex watches for each offensive lineman on the Rams before his rookie season, and he went on to set NFL rushing records. Smart guy in my opinion. :cool:

<small>[ October 18, 2002, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

The One
10-18-2002, 07:37 AM
One thing that I think is interesting if you ever watch Phillip Daughtery play, after a Bridgeport score Daughtery calmly walks off the field and straight to the offensive lineman and congratulates each one. I think this is pretty cool, he then goes and sits and awaits the next opportunity to do the same thing. I think all of your great QB's and RB's do this. They all know they may run the rushing TD or throw the passing score but its the lineman who are holding off the D or opening up the holes!

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Yeah One, something else I like is how the Oline coach has ALL the Oline, not just the starting 5, set on the bench after a series and go over what just happened. That may sound obvious to all, but that kind of coaching doesn't happen as much as you think these days.

It keeps the linemen's heads in the game and keeps the units' esprit de corps up.

slpybear

BULLS '89 #70 and proud to have been a LINEMAN

Tha Phantom
10-28-2002, 08:48 AM
I agree with yall on getting the linemen and setting them down to take with on what they need to do. It puts a smile on their face when a coach tell them they are doing a great job!!!!
When a coach gets involved with his players like that shows team support.

cts76325i
10-28-2002, 10:13 AM
:D this kinda stuff makes this fat kid smile :D

CTS#71
10-28-2002, 11:45 AM
it makes me smile too

exbccards76'smom
10-28-2002, 11:51 AM
i have a soft place in my heart for Offensive linemen, since that is what my son was. And some of those big ole guys are pretty quick, too!! wink http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

Old Dog
10-28-2002, 04:59 PM
You young up and coming skill players listen up! Your offensive linemen usually play for the love of the game, but a little pat on the back will make him block with even more intensity "for you". Many times that's his only reward.

Tha Phantom
10-28-2002, 05:15 PM
OLD DOG, well said because with out a offense line there would not be big plays. "PERIOD"

Jimbotex40
10-28-2002, 05:52 PM
total agreement on my part as to what everyone has previously said

bigbullbacker
10-28-2002, 06:25 PM
The O-Line isn't considered to be a skilled position,but I believe they r,You have to be smart to be able to pickup different pkg.'s that many defenses throw at them. I agree with "The One" I seen not only our QB but even the running back go by the bench before they get reamed to thank them.
John Madden said that if he was going to start a football team he would start with the O-Line.U cant Pass or run the ball without them... So three cheers for all the Linemen out there

OLiNeMaN
10-28-2002, 08:12 PM
Yes! Linemen play for the love of the game. What else could it be? They dont make touchdowns, and there really isnt a lot of glory in what we do. But ill tell you from personal experience, it DOES mean a lot when a back comes and says, "thanks for the block", or "good blockin guys". A lot of times they are overlooked, but thanks guys, that made my day!

cajun1
10-29-2002, 09:19 AM
agree agree, with out a line there would not be great QB's/Runners/and Receiver!!!!
Go Linemen.......

snotbubble
10-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Amen, brethren!

Lineman. The only job with the word MAN in it! In my humble opinion, of which I have very few, the line is the real skill position. Have to block in different directions, cut linebackers, make instant adjustments, sometimes play both sides, know what the guy on both sides of you is gonna do and where the ball is supposed to go. How hard is it to run into a gap? This line coach loves his big bodies (and some not so big).....Without us, you might as well compete in summer 7-on-7......yawn!