PDA

View Full Version : 180 Powerball Tickets, and we win $17

twinkle
12-22-2002, 01:52 AM
Well, they had the Powerball drawing for one of the highest jackpots they have ever had. I live about 3 miles from the Louisiana border, where they sell Powerball. Well, yesterday at work, a bunch of us decided to chip in and buy as many tickets as we could get. So, 36 people chipped in $5 each and I made the trek to La to buy our tickets. Out of 180 tickets, we won $17. I think that comes out to less than .50¢ a person. Now, I get to look forward to my phone ringing off the wall tomorrow morning to see if we won or not...This was my first time to volunteer for something like this, and I dare say it will be my last, lol. 17 bucks. Dang. I am so disappointed. frown

St. Ivender
12-22-2002, 02:23 AM
Maybe next time take their money to the Coushatta and plunk it down on the black jack table or the one-armed bandits. They will br none the wiser and your odds are greater. How are things in Hemphole by the way?

sinton66
12-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Is it true that the lottery is a TAX on people that are bad at math? Just kidding, twinkle! wink

twinkle
12-22-2002, 07:01 PM
This could be true, lol.

Just found out that no one won the PowerBall, looks like I will be going through this ordeal again!!!

Would make for a verrrry nice Christmas...gonna be around 300 million.

pirate4state
12-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Good Luck & remember were it not for powerball we might not have anything else to talk about! wink