PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Long Transfers from A&M to SHSU

Reveille
12-12-2003, 11:26 AM
I was expecting to see this happen. Good luck Dustin.

http://www.panews.com/display/inn_sports/news03.txt

Phil C
12-12-2003, 11:57 AM
I agree Rev. You can't blame him for transferring. Mock at Texas may do the same thing.

champ80
12-12-2003, 12:23 PM
This may save Ron Randleman's job at SHSU..........

spiveyrat
12-12-2003, 12:32 PM
champ80:
This may save Ron Randleman's job at SHSU..........Is his job in danger? He's been there for quite a while.

weatherag07
12-12-2003, 12:37 PM
More room for McGee... wink

Reveille
12-12-2003, 12:42 PM
I think they will shirt McGee if at all possible. Look for Carter or Schroeder to move into the backup roll.

champ80
12-12-2003, 12:49 PM
After going 2-9 there were/are major rumblings in the Alumni ranks............Sam's new President has stated that he wants Sam known nationwide for Academics and Athletics.....In two years he's gotten rid of the baseball, softball and girls basketball coaches........speculation was/is that a change was needed.........Randleman's record is barely 500% in 20+ years.........Three years ago he landed the McCowan kid from Jacksonville, TX/SMU and Sam went two rounds in the playoffs........This could get him at least another year.............

kaorder1999
12-12-2003, 02:09 PM
thats a big land for SHSU....nice

Hupernikomen
12-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Phil C:
I agree Rev. You can't blame him for transferring. Mock at Texas may do the same thing.Dang it,,Mock better transfer to SFA now.

champ80
12-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Hupernikomen:

Phil C:
I agree Rev. You can't blame him for transferring. Mock at Texas may do the same thing.Dang it,,Mock better transfer to SFA now.We thought it would be Mock that declared first.........His girlfriend goes to Sam Houston

Hupernikomen
12-12-2003, 04:32 PM
champ80:

Hupernikomen:

Phil C:
I agree Rev. You can't blame him for transferring. Mock at Texas may do the same thing.Dang it,,Mock better transfer to SFA now.We thought it would be Mock that declared first.........His girlfriend goes to Sam HoustonWell I bet you he doesn't go to Sam now, I think Dustin is the better passing QB anyways.

Hupernikomen
12-12-2003, 04:33 PM
spiveyrat:

champ80:
This may save Ron Randleman's job at SHSU..........Is his job in danger? He's been there for quite a while.You are just two away from 1000 there spivey..guess you will have to impart some wisdom like everyone else on #1000.

Hupernikomen
12-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Reveille:
I think they will shirt McGee if at all possible. Look for Carter or Schroeder to move into the backup roll.Is that the Schroeder from Westlake a couple years ago?

shsu62
12-13-2003, 02:30 AM
Looking better for the men in orange. A great addition to our team that hopefully will make for a better year than this year. More experience next year and the addition of Long could make for a good year for Sam. Lets hope so

PhiI C
12-13-2003, 07:39 AM
I meant that Mock would transfer to another college not necessarily Sam Houston which he probably won't now.

Titans
12-13-2003, 09:11 AM
Long made the right choice there, without question.

McGee will have a year or two to prepare, which he'll need. Depending on the system Fran wants to use, does it fit McGee's style???

In Lubbock, Harrell will also have 1-2 years to prepare, although he is in a better position to play earlier. Symons is a senior. Other backups include Cumby and Daugherty. Could be interesting.

therealbulldogs
12-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Hupernikomen:

Reveille:
I think they will shirt McGee if at all possible. Look for Carter or Schroeder to move into the backup roll.Is that the Schroeder from Westlake a couple years ago?Yes it is. He's been playing receiver and is the fastest player on the team.

j_dog
12-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Long moving to Sam is great news! :) I am all for it.

JasperDog94
12-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Hupernikomen:

champ80:

Hupernikomen:

Phil C:
I agree Rev. You can't blame him for transferring. Mock at Texas may do the same thing.Dang it,,Mock better transfer to SFA now.We thought it would be Mock that declared first.........His girlfriend goes to Sam HoustonWell I bet you he doesn't go to Sam now, I think Dustin is the better passing QB anyways.I think Mock's numbers were better than Long's before he got replaced by Young.

pakrat
12-14-2003, 01:12 AM
I wish Long would have stayed at A&M, but I understand his wish to play more. McGee will be
redshirted and could be 2 yrs before seeing playing time with the big boys. He will have a big adjustment to make and he has to learn to take a hit. Hopefully TAMU will improve their offensive line and he won't be looking at getting hit more than a couple of times a game by those
300 lb defensive linemen.