PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Dallas Cowboys?

Bull's-eye
04-29-2005, 04:07 PM
What does everybody think about their play-off chances?

I definately think they will be back in the play-offs. They have really improved in several areas. The offense should be better with the addition of RG Rivera and the return of TE Campbell and WR Glenn. Also having RB Julius Jones for the whole season and they were very happy with 4th round pick RB Barber as a quality back-up. QB Bledsoe should be an improvememt over Testaverde, at least he is 8 years younger. The defense added size with free-agent DT Ferguson and the drafting of DE Spears and DE Canty. Dallas will be able to rotate more in the trenches which should help keep Glover and Ellis fresh for the 4th quarter. DE/LB Ware should give them a quality pass rush and LB Burnett hopes to replace LB Coakley. Dallas signed 2 corners, Anthony Henry and Aaron Glenn to shore up the pass defense. Also, Last year's 4th round pick CB Bruce Thorton returns from an injury.

They did lose FB Anderson, but look for Dallas to run TE Campbell more as a H-back. They still need a solid right tackle, but RG Rivera will help who ever wins that job. Tucker, Vollers, or this year's draft pick Petitti. Last year's 2nd round pick Rogers may be moved to the left side. If Rogers handles the LT, we may see Flozell Adams moving to RT. Free safety is still a question mark, but possibly CB Pete Hunter or this year's pick Beriault can beat out Lynn Scott. Also, SS Keith Davis may try the move to FS.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey Bulls-eye, I tought you were a Texan fan?;)

Bellville22
04-29-2005, 04:32 PM
They're headed in the right direction. Great draft for the Cowboys' new scheme. Philly is still the team in the East, but hopefully the Cowboys can sneak back into the playoffs. It's time for a return to glory.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Are you going to the Bellville vs sealy game? Give me a shout.

Rockdale Tiger
04-29-2005, 04:33 PM
I think they'll start off strong possibly 4-0 and mellow out to a 8-8 season and miss the playoffs.

Bull's-eye
04-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hey Bulls-eye, I tought you were a Texan fan?;)

No, I have been a Cowboy fan for about 40 years. Grew up listening to Frank Gleiber and have been a fan ever since the mid-60's. My good friend worked for the Cowboys in the late 90's and I got to help work some of the 1999 training camp. Also got to work the 2002 three day scrimmage when the Cowboys visted the Houston Texans. Remind me to tell you a funny story about Michael Irvin.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-30-2005, 10:08 AM
You know I had a cousin that worked for the Cowboys, I wounder If your friend, and my cousin know one another?

Bull's-eye
05-01-2005, 12:45 PM
I probably even know your cousin, I got to know most of the staff. Send me a private message and tell me his name.