PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Showdown Continues

Phil C
04-29-2005, 02:49 PM
between Texas A&M and Texas today, tomorrow and Sunday in the men's Big 12 Golf Tournament. Who ever places highest gets the point. It doesn't look like either team will be in competition for the tournament win. Right now it looks like the Aggies will get the point because they are tied for seventh while Texas is tied for 11th but too late for the Aggies to win the cup since that has been decided.

AggieJohn
04-30-2005, 01:12 AM
yeah but at least we can get some respect points

Phil C
04-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Aggie John you got that just by having the Lady Aggies win the soccer game.

PhiI C
05-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Sorry Aggie John but the Aggies didn't even get that. Texas had a terrific final day and moved all the way to fourth place and had they not dug themselves into a big hole Friday may have even challenged strongly for first place. This strong finish enabled them to just finish ahead of the Aggies who got fifth place. Thus Texas gets the point in the Lone Star Cup Showdown.

PhiI C
05-01-2005, 07:02 PM
This gives Texas who has already cinched the cup for 2004-05 an 11.5 to 4.5 lead. There are only 3 points available each for men and women's outdoor track and baseball which will be decided in May. Once again 3A Downlow gets the scoop as I don't think anywhere else has had this update yet. :)

KTJ
05-01-2005, 09:17 PM
texassports.com has it updated, but I don't think they really care anymore.

Phil C
05-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
texassports.com has it updated, but I don't think they really care anymore.

I had checked with them KTJ and they had the golf results but at the time I posted they hadn't got the update to their web site so we still beat them. But you are right they probably don't care much anymore since it is already decided. Any word on Ashley Lindsey yet?