PDA

View Full Version : Disgruntled Owens skips Eagles' minicamp

jason
04-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Yahoo Story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-owens&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Owens skips minicamp

By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
April 29, 2005

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- T.O. is a no-show.

All-Pro wide receiver Terrell Owens skipped the Philadelphia Eagles' first minicamp practice on Friday, presumably because he wants a new contract.

Owens said several times this month he wants to renegotiate the seven-year deal he signed last March. The Eagles have refused to redo the contract worth nearly $49 million.

The flamboyant Owens helped the Eagles reach the Super Bowl in his first season in Philadelphia after eight years with the San Francisco 49ers. Owens set team records with 14 touchdown receptions and seven 100-yard games, and finished with 77 catches for 1,200 yards.

Owens broke his leg and severely sprained his right ankle in Week 15 against Dallas, an injury that sidelined him until the Super Bowl. He had nine catches for 122 yards in Philadelphia's 24-21 loss to the Patriots.

Pro Bowl running back Brian Westbrook, defensive tackle Corey Simon and wideout Freddie Mitchell also weren't at camp.

Westbrook has until June 15 to sign a one-year, $1.43 million tender. He's seeking a long-term deal, but discussions haven't been promising. Simon was offered a one-year franchise tender worth about $5.13 million, but he also wants a long-term contract.

Mitchell, a former first-round pick, has likely talked his way out of town by constantly griping about his role in the offense.

Westbrook had a breakout season for the Eagles, scoring nine touchdowns and leading the team with 1,515 total yards. Westbrook rushed for 812 yards on 177 carries and led all NFL running backs in receptions with 73 for 703 yards last season.

Simon, who went to the Pro Bowl two years ago, overcame a poor start to finish with 5 1/2 sacks and 34 tackles last year. The Eagles considered trading him this offseason, but talks with Baltimore broke down.

he's such a good player, how come he has to be such an ass....geeez......:mad:

injuredinmelee
04-29-2005, 02:37 PM
P O S

spiveyrat
04-29-2005, 02:39 PM
He just signed his contract this past March? The ink is barely dry on it, then. :rolleyes: If he didn't like it, he shouldn't have signed it. Philly's really getting what they paid for, eh? :evillaugh

KEEP IT UP T.O.!!! YOU SHOW 'EM!!! :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Keith7
04-29-2005, 03:02 PM
T.O. has already said that he won't let his contract have any impact on the regular season.. so don't worry he'll be back then and scoring 15 touchdowns again.. (including 5 against the Cows)

so you guys act like the eagles are doomed.. but when they are putting 42 up on the texas stadium scoreboard, then I want to know that you guys think of TO

TheDOCTORdre
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
so you guys act like the eagles are doomed.. but when they are putting 42 up on the texas stadium scoreboard, then I want to know that you guys think of TO
when this game comes around i think I'm feeling a bet

AggieJohn
04-30-2005, 01:11 AM
man he might deserve it, he was about 70 percent of the reason the eagles were so good this season

Maroon87
04-30-2005, 08:40 AM
I have a big problem with this guy. No one's doubting his talent...he's as good at his position as there is in football. But let's take a look at what he's done the last year or so. First, he complained so much about Jeff Garcia and the coaching staff and front office in SF that he got himself traded (rewarded). He said Garcia was not a Super Bowl caliber QB and that the SF ownership was not committed to winning (which is mostly true). So he gets traded to Baltimore. Apparently they weren't good enough in TO's mind so be bitched and complained (and blamed his agent for not filing the proper paperwork to make him a free agent). He said he wanted to play in Philly with McNabb who in his mind is a Super Bowl caliber QB and the Eagles were a franchise committed to winning (all of which is true). TO has always said that it's all about winning with him and it is not about him. So he goes to Philly (rewarded again) and everything works out almost according to plan, aside from that little broken leg thing. The Eagles get to the Super Bowl and lose a tight game to a modern dynasty. Everyone is back for this year. It's all set up for another Super Bowl run. But no...TO has to prove once and for all that it IS all about him. If it was all about winning, he'd play out his contract and do exactly what he did last year and get the Eagles back to the Super Bowl and win it this time. But what is he doing? Causing a totally unnecessary distraction. Oh yeah...and that Super Bowl caliber QB he wanted to play with so badly? He basically called him a quitter in a national interview last month.
This quy is the ultimate tool. I guess he got jealous when Randy Moss got all the bad press last year. TO's gotta keep up, ya know?:rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
04-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I guess he got jealous when Randy Moss got all the bad press last year. TO's gotta keep up, ya know?:rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

:clap: :clap: