PDA

View Full Version : 2005 3A Team to Watch

olddawggreen
04-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Just my opinion that the real spoiler for the 3A 2005 season will be the Liberty Hill Panthers. They have a whole lot returning from what they fielded last year and will definatley have more experience with the playoffs.
I believe that it was Liberty Hill's lack of experience in the playoffs and their coaches poor use of the clock in the final minutes of the game against Jasper, that had more to do with the Panthers not moving to the finals than anything else. They had the talent. Whether or not they could have handled Gilmer is questionable, but I definately think they had the talent to hold theur own with Jasper last year.
I think( if they don't get beat up too bad during the Burnet game this year ;) :D ) that they have a really good chance of returning to the semi's this year and then advancing to the final game.

LH Panther Mom
04-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Just my opinion that the real spoiler for the 3A 2005 season will be the Liberty Hill Panthers. They have a whole lot returning from what they fielded last year and will definatley have more experience with the playoffs.
I believe that it was Liberty Hill's lack of experience in the playoffs and their coaches poor use of the clock in the final minutes of the game against Jasper, that had more to do with the Panthers not moving to the finals than anything else. They had the talent. Whether or not they could have handled Gilmer is questionable, but I definately think they had the talent to hold theur own with Jasper last year.
I think( if they don't get beat up too bad during the Burnet game this year ;) :D ) that they have a really good chance of returning to the semi's this year and then advancing to the final game.

Thanks so much - I totally agree. :kiss: :)

Originally posted by olddawggreen I think( if they don't get beat up too bad during the Burnet game this year ;) :D )

:hand: Nah.... ;)

rhs78
04-29-2005, 11:26 AM
I agree that they are a top team to watch this year,but i don't think they will sneak up on anyone this year. they should have another great year.

HighSchool Fan
04-29-2005, 11:53 AM
you better check with Old Cardinal to see if he thinks that LH is a top team. he is, after all, the guru of all football:rolleyes:

now just if he could atleast 1 pick right.

rhs78
04-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you better check with Old Cardinal to see if he thinks that LH is a top team. he is, after all, the guru of all football:rolleyes:

I'm sorry i don't know what i was thinking, central texas football doesn't count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwynn05
04-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
I think( if they don't get beat up too bad during the Burnet game this year ;) :D ) that they have a really good chance of returning to the semi's this year and then advancing to the final game. I wouldn't really call them a spoiler, they did go to the state semi-finals last year, and some say they should have won that game but thats a whole different argument right there

44INAROW
04-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Cardinal
04-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I think that Liberty Hill is a great team. I liked your post, you did not try to overly hussle your position--in fact you were quite modest. Your team is certainly in the mix...Facts are facts you are one of the up-and-coming programs.

LH Panther Mom
04-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think that Liberty Hill is a great team. I liked your post, you did not try to overly hussle your position--in fact you were quite modest. Your team is certainly in the mix...Facts are facts you are one of the up-and-coming programs. I remember when U. of TX initiated the wishbone and was so successful, glad that someone is reintroducing it to 3A football.

Sorry, Old Card, but ODG is from Burnet. :)

Wishbone? :confused: Man...someone needs to let Coach Vance know we're not running the Wing-T any more. ;)