PDA

View Full Version : WHY IS BANDERA SO GOOD ?

BANDERA WHO?
09-24-2002, 09:24 PM
THE REASONS WHY BANDERA IS SO GOOD?
1 GOOD OFFENSE CAN ANYBODY STOP IT. HAVE TO ADMIT QUATERBACK SUCKS FULLBACK THAT CAN RUN YOU OVER
2RECIVERS THAT CAN CATCH BETTER THEN THE PROS
3 RUNNINGBACK THAT HAS BLAZING SPEED.
4DEFENSE THAT OFFENSE WISH THEY COULD GET BY
5 IF YOU PLAY US WHERE GONNA BE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

29x281
09-24-2002, 09:39 PM
Big Fish. Little Pond.

They're not a bad team, but playing the last few years in a S Texas district it's kind of tough to tell. They'll get a chance later this year to prove how good they are.

[This message has been edited by 29x281 (edited September 24, 2002).]

BANDERA WHO?
09-24-2002, 09:53 PM
BIG FISH IN A LITTLE POND THEY HAVE US PLAYING 4A SCHOOLS INSTEAD OF 3A SCHOOLS CUASE NO ONE WOULD PLAY US IN THE 3A DISTRICT WHICH WOULD ONLY MAKE OUR TEAM BETTER

unknown
09-25-2002, 08:54 AM
bandera is way over rated they suck go burnet

ATMO
09-25-2002, 08:59 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif October 18 http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif

Xsmack
09-25-2002, 09:49 AM
I think Banderas real test will be when they play Burnet. Burnet has also played with 4a, Reagan and Shoemaker. Only time will tell.

BULLDOGFAN
09-25-2002, 11:30 AM
I don't believe Bandera takes any team lightly, and come game time Bandera will be ready to go. Bandera is just a hard hitting -heads up bunch of kids. No stars, no heroes, just a love of the game. If Bandera plays like they can, and elimate bonehead mistakes, I really just don't see Burnet winning. Burnet is a 3 man team. Bandera is an 11 man team.

NOZGRINDER
09-25-2002, 01:44 PM
ATMO IS CORRECT. OCT. 18 WILL TELL ALL. WHAT KIND OF SPEED DOES BANDERA HAVE?WHO IS THERE BEST PLAY MAKER?

Donkey41
09-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Too bad you had to leave the district, It would have been nice to have another shot to wipe the floor with you this year. I think Burnet will take that game. Bandera is an 11 man team but so is West Campus and look where that gets them... Just because everyone plays hard doesn't make you a great team. You need star players to make inportant plays at certian times.

SintonFan
09-25-2002, 02:12 PM
unknown, you might want to delete your 4-letter word. That has no place here...

I have respect for Bandera, they won't rollover and play dead for anybody.

BULLDOGFAN
09-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Come on Donkey.. Give it up. You of all teams should know comparing Bandera to West Campus is talking out of the side of your mouth. La Vernia has a good program and your day may come, but Bandera has never really had the Star play maker other than maybe Andy Blount. They just keep winning and winning and winning and ......

unknown
09-25-2002, 02:58 PM
well blount is gone now so what to do besides loose to burnet so well dee after the game

Old Cardinal
09-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Mr. Unknown, 4 letter words are OUT on this message board. If I were you, I would delete that word before one of the monitors discover it, or you will be ROM'ed! It should be a good game between Bandera and Burnet.

29x281
09-25-2002, 06:17 PM
"Burnet is a 3 man team." -- BulldogFan

Please. Just because Burnet has 3 great players that get talked about alot doesn't mean the other players aren't pretty good.

Warren Christian is good. Thomas Ham is good. Eddie Rollman, Luke Pell, Eddie Parker, Chris Levens, Mark Manning, Cody Warner, and Mason Templeton and maybe some others will all probably make All-District.

And the defense, while giving up some yards, isn't nearly as soft as the stats might lead you to believe. They've played some tough offenses, especially Killeen Shoemaker. I'll be real interested to see whether any other team this year can hold Gatesville to 20 pts.

SevenSins
09-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Bandera did beat Marion last year...
and last year, Marion had a hell of a program with last years juniors and seniors...that was the year everyone was awaiting...it was kind of heart breaking to see Marion blown away by Wimberly lsat year in the second round...back to Bandera...Yeah, Andy Blunt was good, but he wasn't there last year...and Bandera was still very competetive

Xsmack
09-26-2002, 09:54 AM
Burnet is a 3 man team. Bandera is an 11 man team.
IP: Logged

Aren't all teams 11 man teams?????? When did this change????? http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

BULLDOGFAN
09-26-2002, 10:01 AM
I don't know XSmack, some play 5 some 2 some even 1 on a team. What exactly is your point? And please be specific since you don't seem to understand analogies.

defensivebulldog
09-26-2002, 10:03 AM
bandera is good because of there athletes dedication. Bandera hasn't had to many standout beside blount in the past few years and hicks whose ok. But there just real competetive and they get after it. I think that this year LV may be able to compete better with bandera, but the only way to find out would prolly be in the playoofs .I still think they have a couple more good years coming.

Donkey41
09-26-2002, 01:40 PM
Bandera doesn't keep winning and winning
Look who they played in their wins and then look who they lost to. Come on Fredricksburg? What is that

BULLDOGFAN
09-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Okay, Donkey Boy, Bandera has to play every game they have, except for 3 district games, on the road because of our Crappy field. We have lost 2 games, save for the last playoff game, in the last 2 years. You show me a team that has a better record on the road. We have not lost at home in over 3 years. The Fred game was 1) their homecoming game, 2) a two mistake game, and 3) the coach is a former assitant to our coach, he knows us well... Too Bandera, Fred. is a tune-up. A game that they try new schemes and formations on. Obviously a few didn't work. Half of the game was played with second teamers in new positions. District will be different.

CS_WILDCATS
09-26-2002, 08:36 PM
Bandera has a one of the best QB's in the state. They also have a very good coach. This is a team that plays well together, they have great chemistry. As far as them playing in a weak district has nothing to do with them being a good team or not. You can only play who's put in front of you. Come playoff time Bandera will be in the thick of things.

spaniard
09-26-2002, 11:28 PM
theres no denying that bandera will be in the playoffs this year, but all of you bandera folks out there that are saying that you are going to just smoke us are in for a surprise. and whoever thinks that we only have 3 good players is way off. like 29x281 said earlier, there are many of our guys, both offensive and defensive that are gonna more than likely make all district. so, bandera, dont think you are gonna come in and stomp us, bc if you think that you are in for somethin else. and you guys arent the only ones with a good qb either.

------------------
<><

[This message has been edited by spaniard (edited September 26, 2002).]

bulldawg55_8
09-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by spaniard:
theres no denying that bandera will be in the playoffs this year, but all of you bandera folks out there that are saying that you are going to just smoke us are in for a surprise. and whoever thinks that we only have 3 good players is way off. like 29x281 said earlier, there are many of our guys, both offensive and defensive that are gonna more than likely make all district. so, bandera, dont think you are gonna come in and stomp us, bc if you think that you are in for somethin else. and you guys arent the only ones with a good qb either.

First of all, Bandera has not said anything about Burnet being a cake-walk. We are just saying that Bandera won't be as easy as Burnet thinks we are. Yes I believe it will be a good and hard fought game but who knows who will win. Only one game at a time!

Donkey41
09-27-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by CS_WILDCATS:
Bandera has a one of the best QB's in the state. They also have a very good coach. This is a team that plays well together, they have great chemistry. As far as them playing in a weak district has nothing to do with them being a good team or not. You can only play who's put in front of you. Come playoff time Bandera will be in the thick of things.

Hicks is no where near one of the best QB's in the state! Where did that come from I understand he got hurt last year but he still had less yrds. than our QB. No ours is not one of the best either. You cannot compare Hicks to Daugherty or some of the other greats. Come on... face it none of Bandera's guys are truly great players they just play well as a team, not good because of some very costly mistakes, but they play well.

Scout24
09-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Donkey-you've never seen Daugherty play so you have no room to talk. I have seen them both play, offered scholarships by the same school, there is not a big difference btw the two if there is a difference at all.

bulldawg55_8
09-28-2002, 10:42 PM
No room to talk it right. Robbins threw what 90 yards on like 20 attempts.. That is real great. Hicks only threw 6 times friday night against Pearsall and his completionm ratio was 100% and he had 150 yards passing. That seems to be a little better than Robbins. Yeah Robbins leads the team in rushing but isnt the running back supposed to. Dont get me wrong but i thought the main role of a QB was to pass. Guess that comes to show that La Vernia is a one man team. Remember offense wins the games, but defense wins the championships!

Donkey41
09-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Hey monkey I was talking about last year, this year is pretty even also. Hicks has more passing and Robbins has more rushing. They are pretty even. Yes I give Hicks credit he is pretty good but he's not going to cut it in the NCAA like most people think. Neither will Jake. The whole point I was making was that Hicks is not as good as most people hipe him up to be.

Colt42
10-04-2002, 11:21 AM
McGee from Burnet is better than both of those guys w/ Div. 1 teams scouting him in his Jr. year :D And when Bandera plays Burnet...I'll be surprised if Bandera's QB makes it out alive.

bigdawg06
10-06-2002, 02:41 PM
CS_WILDCATS:
Bandera has a one of the best QB's in the state. They also have a very good coach. This is a team that plays well together, they have great chemistry. As far as them playing in a weak district has nothing to do with them being a good team or not. You can only play who's put in front of you. Come playoff time Bandera will be in the thick of things.1st Burnet has a good QB
2nd we have a good coach, lots of them
3rd we play as a team, and where this 3 man team thing cam up...it needs to go.

I would save all your talk till after October 18!