PDA

View Full Version : Advice for CHS_CG

pirate44
04-29-2005, 07:46 AM
the big day will be here any time now. anybody have advice for her??

dont let a week go by that you dont take a few snapshots or video. it may not seem like a big deal, but it is.

Sing to her. i dont care if you were to be the very first person kicked off American idol, sing to her.

also read to her. especially when she's old enough to come to you and say "REEE". pick up a book, any book, even if youve read it a million times, and read it. never turn that down.

never cuss in front of her. or say anything that is reserved for adults. they learn early and need to keep their innocence as long as possible.

ok. thats all for me.....for now;)

Phil C
04-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Whenever she asks you to play with her do it at least for a little while whether you want to or not. The time will come soon enough when she will not ask you to.

shellman54
04-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Don't be afraid to spank the behind when she does something wrong, she will be better because of it.

Ranger Mom
04-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Take naps when she does!!

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Always encourage her to participate in sports!

For the most part, if she dedicates herself to a sport or sports, she will remain focused and be hanging out with a good group of kids. This is very important with the great amount of peer pressure and crazy things kids have to face in today's society. Just a thought for later years!:D

lepfan
04-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Take naps when granny Kristi has her. (sorry g'ma I don't know your official g'ma name)

Bandera YaYa
04-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Enjoy every second when they are little, they seem to grow up overnite..........always tell them you love them, especially when they have done wrong....and they will make mistakes....NEVER EVER say "my child would never do that..."......cuz I promise you, that will come back to bite you in the butt !!!! :)

Ranger Mom
04-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
NEVER EVER say "my child would never do that..."......cuz I promise you, that will come back to bite you in the butt !!!! :)

Amen Sister!!!

pirate44
04-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
always tell them you love them, especially when they have done wrong :)
great advice. when my son gets in trouble he will get spanked and cry, but we always hold him, make him look us in the eye while we tell him why he got spanked in a calm voice. then we ask him to give us a hug and a kiss. its his way of apologizing.

jason
04-29-2005, 10:45 AM
keep her away from guys who are the exact opposite of me...they're bad news....

vet93
04-29-2005, 10:49 AM
That is exactly what we do....if you just beat on them without talking to them and explaining the "crime" as well as hugging and loving on them....then a spanking is nothing more than a beating!!! Another piece of advice.....be just as concerned, if not more so, about their CHARACTER as well as their academics and athletics and extracurricular activities.

Originally posted by pirate44
great advice. when my son gets in trouble he will get spanked and cry, but we always hold him, make him look us in the eye while we tell him why he got spanked in a calm voice. then we ask him to give us a hug and a kiss. its his way of apologizing.

SPF25
04-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Charish each stage. There will be things you will love about each and there will be things you will hate. But be in the moment cause it goes fast.

spiveyrat
04-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Be sure she's finished with her "business" before you try to change her diaper!!!

HighSchool Fan
04-29-2005, 01:03 PM
keep her out of college station :D just kidding to a couple of ya from down there.

CHS_CG
04-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Dont let jason.. byron.. gary.. mark... (thinking of any others) take her to the mall to pick up chicks! :D :inlove:

*disclaimer* Just bc you dont see your name on here.. doesnt mean u can take her to the mall.. even if u dont need her to pick up chicks lol. If you are upset bc I missed ur name.. *in the words of the great lepfan* build a bridge and get over it lol:kiss: :D

TheDOCTORdre
04-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Dont let jason.. byron.. gary.. mark... (thinking of any others) take her to the mall to pick up chicks! :D :inlove:
My name isnt there, I guess this mean I can take her to the mall. (not that I would need her to pick up chicks:D )

Manck
04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Play catch.

If she can throw like a boy, she will never have to catch hell from them.

CHS_CG
04-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Manck
Play catch.

If she can throw like a boy, she will never have to catch hell from them.

hahaha... I had a guy in PE in middle school tell me i threw like a girl.. and i threw the ball at him and hit him in his... well ya know.... I laughed for the rest of the day and he never criticized me again :D

BHKrystal06
04-29-2005, 01:54 PM
can i take her to the mall? :)