PDA

View Full Version : Sinton plays Orange Grove next in softball playoffs!

PhiI C
04-28-2005, 10:17 PM
The game will be next Thursday night (May 5) at 7 P.M. at Cabanes Field in Corpus Christi.

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
The game will be next Thursday night (May 5) at 7 P.M. at Cabanes Field in Corpus Christi. Houston we have a problem! :( Moody had first dibs on Cabaniss field and they won their flip last night and are playing at home. We are in a wait & see what is available situtation now. :( As soon as I know you'll know. :D Date & Time are still the same. :thumbsup:

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 09:16 AM
my bad :D

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 09:19 AM
An item of interest for you Sinton fans, Orange Grove is supposed to play Port Aransas next Tuesday night in Orange Grove...if you want a little preview. I wouldn't mind seeing that game since I know a couple of girls playing for Port A. Port A went undefeated in their district, but keep in mind they are what? 1 or 2a?

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
An item of interest for you Sinton fans, Orange Grove is supposed to play Port Aransas next Tuesday night in Orange Grove...if you want a little preview. I wouldn't mind seeing that game since I know a couple of girls playing for Port A. Port A went undefeated in their district, but keep in mind they are what? 1 or 2a? :thinking: I know they were supposed to play this week IN Port A., but it was cancelled. Do you know 4sure if they rescheduled?? I'd love to watch since they (OG) were all at our game last night. :D

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: I know they were supposed to play this week IN Port A., but it was cancelled. Do you know 4sure if they rescheduled?? I'd love to watch since they (OG) were all at our game last night. :D

As far as I know. I was talking to the parents of one of their (Port A) players last night and they confirmed it. Remind me on Monday to call her just to check though.:)

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
As far as I know. I was talking to the parents of one of their (Port A) players last night and they confirmed it. Remind me on Monday to call her just to check though.:) Okay, but I just remembered that I have something to do that Tuesday. :doh: I don't know how I forget about that!!! :D

Phil C
04-29-2005, 09:59 AM
As far as Port A goes they are in class A.

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:03 AM
If they are playing (Orange Grove and Port A) I may go check it out that night though.

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Man if the Orange Grove people went to the Sinton vs Crystal City game last night they sure did do a lot of traveling. I would expect the coaches to be there but not too many fans.

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 10:12 AM
I really didn't realize how far Hebbronville was until I was watching the weather this morning. How long did it take you guys to get there?

Just as a side note Phil, if you decide to go to the OG/PA game....the PA pitcher was picked up to play on a select team out of Houston. She travels every Sunday to Houston to practice.:eek: I believe the team she is playing for has an engagement in Florida later this year. I really don't understand softball nationals nor could I probably post intelligently on the subject.:rolleyes: :D

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:18 AM
I really didn't realize how far Hebbronville was until I was watching the weather this morning. How long did it take you guys to get there?

Just as a side note Phil, if you decide to go to the OG/PA game....the PA pitcher was picked up to play on a select team out of Houston. She travels every Sunday to Houston to practice.:eek: I believe the team she is playing for has an engagement in Florida later this year. I really don't understand softball nationals nor could I probably post intelligently on the subject.:rolleyes: :D

I think I saw her play last year against Sinton in the warm up game at Port A and she is a good pitcher. Are you going to Mathis tonight for the game AP?

pirate44
04-29-2005, 10:21 AM
http://img133.echo.cx/img133/3408/gosinton2sm.gif

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Man if the Orange Grove people went to the Sinton vs Crystal City game last night they sure did do a lot of traveling. I would expect the coaches to be there but not too many fans. That I saw it was the whole team. :D I didn't see any OG fans, but then again I wasn't really interested in the crowd. Crystal City fans had a charted bus! They packed their stands and took up a good portion of the Sinton stands which I thought was very rude!! We sat right behind home plate in our lawn chairs - great view!! :D It was a really good game. CC had a left hander (who according to one of their fans had 190+ strikeouts :eek: ) up on the mound and she was really bringing it. Sinton did a nice job of getting the ball into play, but I guess with their pitcher striking out so many ppl they didn't have much practice fielding the ball! :evillaugh :eek: Uh-oh! :D CC had a BIG 4th inning and our girls had too many mental breakdowns on routine plays. Luckly, they were able to bounce back and put the game away in the 6th! :clap:

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I think I saw her play last year against Sinton in the warm up game at Port A and she is a good pitcher. Are you going to Mathis tonight for the game AP?

Yes, I posted you a little note earlier on another thread. How bout you? What's on your agenda?:D

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Not sure. I may go over there. It would be nice to cheer for Mike to win. Sorry Mikecheck of Mathis but after all I did teach in Aransas Pass many years ago.

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2005, 10:29 AM
The girls are playing thursday night. i Just got my info from a very reliable source. they said in corpus, cabiness multipurpose sports complex.

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
The girls are playing thursday night. i Just got my info from a very reliable source. they said in corpus, cabiness multipurpose sports complex.

District now the UIL web site says they are playing Thursday night at 7 P.M. in Robstown.

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Not sure. I may go over there. It would be nice to cheer for Mike to win. Sorry Mikecheck of Mathis but after all I did teach in Aransas Pass many years ago.

Well we would love to have you! :D

And Aaron....I broke down and am letting my daughter go to that concert tonight with her friend and her friend's dad. I told her she is not to even go to the restroom by herself! I am sure you guys will have fun!

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2005, 10:39 AM

And Aaron....I broke down and am letting my daughter go to that concert tonight with her friend and her friend's dad. I told her she is not to even go to the restroom by herself! I am sure you guys will have fun!

good mama :D
i cant wait for it, now i just have to find where my mom left my ticket...

pirate44
04-29-2005, 10:42 AM

youre such a push over:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
one of those guys looks like a mexican mini usher

pirate44
04-29-2005, 10:52 AM
one of those guys looks like a mexican mini usher
i bet that's comforting to know

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2005, 10:56 AM
http://www.funx.nl/iimages/896.jpg
Thats frankie J
and
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001J0B6I.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
thats baby bash... the 2 people APPF's daughter and i are gonna see in concert

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 11:00 AM
District now the UIL web site says they are playing Thursday night at 7 P.M. in Robstown. That is correct. I couldn't say anything earlier, but I guess it's okay now! :D

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 11:01 AM
The girls are playing thursday night. i Just got my info from a very reliable source. they said in corpus, cabiness multipurpose sports complex. not very reliable :rolleyes: :p

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 11:11 AM

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/kit-tugofwar.gif

I know, she is extremely convincing in some of her arguments. Wonder where she got that from?:D

pirate44
04-29-2005, 11:12 AM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/kit-tugofwar.gif

I know, she is extremely convincing in some of her arguments. Wonder where she got that from?:D
maybe you need to get her posting on the downlow.;)

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 11:14 AM

And Aaron....I broke down and am letting my daughter go to that concert tonight with her friend and her friend's dad. I told her she is not to even go to the restroom by herself! I am sure you guys will have fun! :eek: She's good! I thought for sure you wouldn't cave! ;)

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 11:15 AM
maybe you need to get her posting on the downlow.;)

uhhhh, that would be a "no"..... we might both be getting rom'd when she hits high school. :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2005, 11:25 AM
not very reliable :rolleyes: :p

the girls were told OG in CC... one of them told me... so yeah.... shes my source... id say shes reliable

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 01:06 PM
the girls were told OG in CC... one of them told me... so yeah.... shes my source... id say shes reliable until they had to change it! :D

Sinton94
04-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Congrats Lady Pirates on your first play-off win this year! :clap:

What's the scoop on OG? Bay Area Sports makes it sound like they jack home runs every other at bat!:thinking:

Should be a great game!

Phil C
04-29-2005, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]That I saw it was the whole team. :D Crystal City fans had a charted bus!

WHAT!? :eek:

Did the fans charter it or did the school or their boster club provide it? That would be interesting information. Other than when our football team went to state semis and finals have I ever known chartered buses available for Sinton fans.

Sinton94
04-29-2005, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state
[B]That I saw it was the whole team. :D Crystal City fans had a charted bus!

Did the fans charter it or did the school or their boster club provide it? That would be interesting information. Other than when our football team went to state semis and finals have I ever known chartered buses available for Sinton fans.

Our kids don't even get charter buses................much less the fans!:confused:

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 02:45 PM

That I saw it was the whole team. :D Crystal City fans had a charted bus!

Did the fans charter it or did the school or their boster club provide it? That would be interesting information. Other than when our football team went to state semis and finals have I ever known chartered buses available for Sinton fans. Phil - I don't know who paid for the bus - all I know is that they had one! :D We talked about that on our way home last night.

Phil C
04-29-2005, 02:46 PM

Did the fans charter it or did the school or their boster club provide it? That would be interesting information. Other than when our football team went to state semis and finals have I ever known chartered buses available for Sinton fans. Phil - I don't know who paid for the bus - all I know is that they had one! :D We talked about that on our way home last night. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am shocked and astonished!! :eek:

Phil C
04-29-2005, 02:52 PM
I forgot that when our baseball and softball teams went to State they also had chartered buses. Only other one I know of was in volleyball when we played Pharr Valley before regionals in Falfurrias a chartered bus was provided for the girls.

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 02:54 PM

Phil - I don't know who paid for the bus - all I know is that they had one! :D We talked about that on our way home last night.

I am shocked and astonished!! :eek:

I know, I usually know everything!!! LOL - :D :D :D