PDA

View Full Version : 04-28-05 Baseball and Softball Results

PhiI C
04-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Tonight Sinton plays Crystal City in a playoff game in Hebbronville. The score right now in the second inning is Sinton 1 Crystal City 0. Go Lady Pirates!

PhiI C
04-28-2005, 07:50 PM
At top of the fourth it is Sinton 2 Crystal City 0. Hold 'em Lady Pirates!

Rockdale Tiger
04-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know when Madisonville/Robinson play? If they already have please post a score.

PhiI C
04-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Sinton beats Crystal City 6 to 4. The Lady Pirates hung on to win. They had a bad fourth inning but finally got three outs and were able to win. Next up is Orange Grove and hopefully we won't have to go to Laredo to play the game this year.

PhiI C
04-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Divine beat Aransas Pass in their softball playoff game tonight 9 to 0.

CRHSeagle
04-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Softball

Castleberry 1
Whitney 0
11 innings

18handicap
04-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Congratulations to the Columbia Lady Necks who used two home runs over the left field fence to beat Yoakum 5-2 last night at Calhoun HS.

They will play Marion next week.

Wharton will try to continue carrying the 25-AAA flag tonight in Weimar against Hallettsville.

CHS_Grad '85
04-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Softball
Updated April 29, 2005 7:50 AM

Caldwell falls to Sealy

Eagle Staff Reports

The Caldwell Lady Hornets saw their season end with the potential tying run just 60 feet away.

Caldwell rallied for three runs in the seventh inning, but couldn’t push across the tying run as the Sealy Lady Tigers held on for a 4-3 victory in Class 3A bi-district playoff action at the Aggie Softball Complex.

Sealy (19-9) had scored two runs in each of the fifth and sixth innings and looked to have the game wrapped up.

But the first three batters reached base to start the seventh for Caldwell (15-10).

Ashly McAllister singled and then a three-base error on Lacey Williams grounder allowed both McAllister and Williams to score to cut the deficit in half.

Brandi Crnkovic walked and Christine Garbs reached on an infield single. Another Sealy error allowed Crnkovic to score, but Sealy pitcher Sarah Holub got a double play and a strikeout to end the game.

Crnkovic took the loss in the final game of her high school career. She allowed only four hits and struck out eight including the side in both the second and third innings.

Holub (15-9) was equally as good allowing only three hits to go with four strikeouts.

Sealy 4, Caldwell 3

Caldwell 000 000 3 — 3 3 2
Sealy 000 022 x — 3 4 2

Brandi Crnkovic and Lacey Williams. Sarah Holub and Lauren Vesely.

W — Holub (15-9). L — Crnkovic (15-10).

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Divine beat Aransas Pass in their softball playoff game tonight 9 to 0.

Well, I got the bad news here first.:( Sorry Lady Panthers, but congratulations on a fun-filled, exciting regular season.;)

We'll just have to get 'em next year.

Now you can focus on the prom dress, shoes, hair and nails!:D

P.S. Congratulations to the Lady Pirates and good luck against Orange Grove!:)

Phil C
04-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey AP are you going to the baseball game in Mathis tonight?

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey AP are you going to the baseball game in Mathis tonight?

Yep, I will be there! How about you, what direction are you headed in? How did your son's tests turn out yesterday? :)

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 08:53 AM
According to UIL Bracket, Dist. 30-3a Goliad will play the winner of LaFeria and Zapata. Anyone know if LaFeria/Zapata have played yet?

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Finally saw it AP. We will get results of son's test on Tuesday when we take him to the doctor's office.

AP Panther Fan
04-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Finally saw it AP. We will get results of son's test on Tuesday when we take him to the doctor's office.

I will keep you guys in my thoughts and hope for some positive results.

Any word on the Goliad vs. Zapata or LaFeria game?

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I will keep you guys in my thoughts and hope for some positive results.

Any word on the Goliad vs. Zapata or LaFeria game?

I haven't heard any results. They may not have played last night. Maybe Ray can help us on it.

Phil C
04-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Last night when I heard the final score of the Sinton softball game I called Channel 10 and reported the score. I don't know if anyone else had called it in to them but I don't think it was on channel 6 and Channel 10 reported the score. :)

Of course it had already been posted on our web site so we got the first scoop as usual. :)

I once called a score in to Channel 6 and they didn't report it so I gave channel 10 the chance last night and they took advantage of it. I didn't call channel 6. :)