PDA

View Full Version : Question? Could Gainesville even compete in SE Texas?

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Just like last year Kieth 7 comes on here and proclaims Gainesville will win it all! Now that is Ok; however here is how I see it---Gainesville would come in 3rd behind Huffman-Hargraves and Barbers Hill. In 24 AAA Bridge City and WO-S would really wallop Gainesville and Anahuac would give them a pretty good game. Now Kirbyville, Silsbee and the third team in District this year Jasper would all just stomp Gainesville and they would not make the playoffs from that District. Now Snyder, Marlin, Palestine, Cuero, Liberty Hill, and Sinton for starters would also out score them.
I guess its OK every year to hussle the top spot early on but the stats just don't hold up to the DWF hussle up there. LOL ;) LOL

HighSchool Fan
04-28-2005, 02:40 PM
you know your shouldn't drink and post, it makes you look like a fool. i think gainesville was the only undefeated team 2 years ago and went further in the playoffs last year than WOS. gainesville would treat bridge city like they do whitesboro. what has bridge city won lately??

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 02:53 PM
WO-S had a very good team--it was just that Huffman-Hargraves was also very good. Gainesville was not competing with teams like the ones mentioned. BC will be loaded and poised--they pushed WO-S into overtime and beat Kirbyville handily who demolished Jasper in regular season--all with a very young team. You bet they(with a year more of age) and all the others mentioned could take Gainesville and their weak geographical area too...LOL

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Old Cardinal....Following is a listing of 2004 State UIL Football Champs for each Classification:

5A- D1- Tyler Lee
D2- Southlake Carroll

4A-D1- Ennis
D2- Kilgore

3A-D1- Abilene Wylie
D2- Gilmer

2A-D1- Boyd
D2- Crawford

1A- D1- Richland Springs
D2-Shiner

How many SE Texas teams are among them? I'm not trying to provoke you, but ask you if you seriously think that most SE Texas football teams are truly superior to the rest of the state. If so, why?

HighSchool Fan
04-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
WO-S had a very good team--it was just that Huffman-Hargraves was also very good. Gainesville was not competing with teams like the ones mentioned. BC will be loaded and poised--they pushed WO-S into overtime and beat Kirbyville handily who demolished Jasper in regular season--all with a very young team. You bet they(with a year more of age) and all the others mentioned could take Gainesville and their weak geographical area too...LOL

whatever, you were wrong on your picks last year, and will be wrong again this year. keep trying though, even a blind squirrel can find a nut ever now and then.

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I think SE TX is just one of the stronger 3A areas of the state--and Gainesville is not an automatic #1 pick each year. I don't think they can compete down here and several other places and that is why I challenged this yearly top-team proclaimation from out of DWF.

HighSchool Fan
04-28-2005, 03:43 PM
I think SE TX is just one of the stronger 3A areas of the state--and Gainesville is not an automatic #1 pick each year. I don't think they can compete down here and several other places and that is why I challenged this yearly top-team proclaimation from out of DWF.

go back and and show us where gainesville is picked in the top 10 every year. just some info for you. in the history of gainesville high school, we have never been rated #1 in an ap poll. NEVER. sounds like you just have some sour grapes down there.

JHS_c/o_06'
04-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Just like last year Kieth 7 comes on here and proclaims Gainesville will win it all! Now that is Ok; however here is how I see it---Gainesville would come in 3rd behind Huffman-Hargraves and Barbers Hill. In 24 AAA Bridge City and WO-S would really wallop Gainesville and Anahuac would give them a pretty good game. Now Kirbyville, Silsbee and the third team in District this year Jasper would all just stomp Gainesville and they would not make the playoffs from that District. Now Snyder, Marlin, Palestine, Cuero, Liberty Hill, and Sinton for starters would also out score them.
I guess its OK every year to hussle the top spot early on but the stats just don't hold up to the DWF hussle up there. LOL ;) LOL

Now..i think that we (Jasper) could beat them. But the chances of all those teams beating gainsville....are not very good. Gainsville has a good program. Also, it seems you like bringing up the 'third place in district' thing. Oh well. But you just gotta quit starting these...so and so could whoop so and so.

And btw...its not good to breathe paint thinner.

big daddy russ
04-28-2005, 03:51 PM
The funny thing about the top teams, no matter what area they're from, is that they could compete with anyone in the state. Sinton and Port Isabel are from the weakest football area in the state, but I doubt that there's a 3A SE Texas OR a D/FW team that would just roll over either team (at least not on their best days). If you're looking at the real top teams in the state, they're so closely matched that it's hard to say one would win by a landslide.

A perfect example was the Orange Bowl. It was a blowout, but it wasn't a game of two unequal teams. If USC and OU played a best-of-three series, I doubt the Sooners would make all those first half mistakes that snowballed on them in the second or third games. USC won a game on momentum.

JHS_c/o_06'
04-28-2005, 03:53 PM
BC will be loaded and poised--they pushed WO-S into overtime and beat Kirbyville handily who demolished Jasper in regular season--all with a very young team.

Yet you leave out that we made a mockery of yall.

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 03:55 PM
This thread is about posters always proclaiming Gainesville #1--no more no less...I looked in my Rand McNally and Gainesville is city of 15,175. They should be crowding 5A by now. I asked someone from up there--what goes? and he said they move students to alternative programs until the reach the point they can slip down into 3A ratings.
If I were a parent of a child that was shifted around so that the large school could slip into 3A, I think I would be quite miffed LOL
Once again, I think this state has a lot of teams that are better than Gainesville and the hard-push #1 rating hustle is something that is a little ludricus last year and again this year.

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 03:56 PM
The only general rule-of-thumb that I know to predict which teams will be strong this season, is to take a look at the teams that went deep into the playoffs last season and see how many seniors they are losing this season. A young, deep playoff team with a high % of returning lettermen is a pretty good indicator that such a team will be high in the pre-season rankings and should have a great year.

Holmes_Fans
04-28-2005, 03:57 PM
This thread is about posters always proclaiming Gainesville #1--no more no less...I looked in my Rand McNally and Gainesville is city of 15,175. They should be crowding 5A by now. I asked someone from up there--what goes? and he said they move students to alternative programs until the reach the point they can slip down into 3A ratings.
If I were a parent of a child that was shifted around so that the large school could slip into 3A, I think I would be quite miffed LOL
Once again, I think this state has a lot of teams that are better than Gainesville and the hard-push #1 rating hustle is something that is a little ludricus last year and again this year.
Gainesville has two High schools.

big daddy russ
04-28-2005, 03:59 PM
...I looked in my Rand McNally and Gainesville is city of 15,175. They should be crowding 5A by now...
So why shouldn't they be #1 again?

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 04:12 PM
To Big Daddy Russ: I totally agree with you. That is why I listed good teams across TXs that could well be rated #1 instead of Gainesville every year. Sinton should definately be in the hunt!

To the Jasper poster--I am a little confused Jasper beat BC 35-10. Jasper had a couple of dozen Seniors and BC had less than a handful. I thought that too was a good enough showing. I think our bunch can compete now that WO-S and Jasper graduated so heavy.

Keith7
04-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Gainesville has two High schools.

Gainesville only has one high school.. the other one you are talking about "Gainesville Callisburg" is actually a town north east of Gainesville..

TO OLD FART:

the reason why Gainesville is 3A and has close to 16000 people is because 65% of our citizens are 60+... You can talk are the crap you want but until some of those teams do something, you have no grounds to make this arguement..

Pick on Gainesville, but I have yet to see a thread this year made by a Gainesville person that has them saying they are number 1 this year..

And as for moving students into alternative programs so we can stay 3A.. I've never heard of any alternative programs at GHS so who ever told you that is just a flat out idiot

HighSchool Fan
04-28-2005, 04:16 PM
HighSchoolFan that is your warning...

Bulldog_12
04-28-2005, 04:18 PM

To the Jasper poster--I am a little confused Jasper beat BC 35-10. Jasper had a couple of dozen Seniors and BC had less than a handful. I thought that too was a good enough showing. I think our bunch can compete now that WO-S and Jasper graduated so heavy.

Key word there is compete, and good luck there! Jasper graduated heavy, but any offense with an athlete such as Gilbert Moye will be hard to stop.

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Boy this is kind of fun! I was sitting around here with a little time on my hands and I said, "What can I do to get this board activated and jumping?"

So I decided to kick the scared cow of 3a DL (Gainesville/DFW) in the butt.....Boy does that get the folks back on the board in a hurry. Look at all the activity! We need to keep this thing going during the off season....

:D :D :D :D :D

HighSchool Fan
04-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Boy this is kind of fun! I was sitting around here with a little time on my hands and I said, "What can I do to get this board activated and jumping?"

So I decided to kick the scared cow of 3a DL (Gainesville/DFW) in the butt.....Boy does that get the folks back on the board in a hurry. Look at all the activity! We need to keep this thing going during the off season....

:D :D :D :D :D

just tell the truth when you say something. that's all we ask.

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Old Cardinal...I just hope that we are lucky enough to have some SE Texas and N. Texas teams go deep into the playoffs and meet each other somewhere along the way this season. Then, threads such as this one, will be moot.....

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 04:43 PM
To the Jasper fan: I have only good things to say about Gilbert Moye; he is a dandy. However, we have a kid named Johnny Dishon that ran all over Jasper with a big-score win as a 9th grader at QB. He had to give up playing time to an older youth but nevertheless was able to shine a few times this year. He is a Junior and is poised to lead at QB next season. Again I compliment this area: we have good youth that will get scholarships to college.

KTJ
04-28-2005, 04:50 PM
1.) No one procalimed Gainesville as #1 except you. And you did that to create havoc and succeeded.

2.) If those districts that you proclaim are so tough (you know, the ones where you think Gainesville wouldn't even make the playoffs) then how come those teams don't go deeper in the playoffs each year? If those districts are as brutal as you claim, then both the DI and DII champion should be from SE Texas.

3.) Yeah, the district Gainesville is from isn't very tough but the teams that we had to play during each playoff round was.

4.) Actually, the population of Gainesville is now between 16,000-19,000 and continuing to grow. The reason we are still a 3A school is because of the insane amout of rich elderly people who were there during the population boom of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Since National Supply left town, the Yankee move-ins and families that once flocked to Gainesville left with it.

5.) Next time, pick on another school and make them your punching bag. Gainesville didn't do anything to you. We've never played Bridge City in anything.

Holmes_Fans
04-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Lets take a look at Gainesville's and Bridge City's seasons over the past few year

Team - Record - Farthest Advancement in the playoffs
G-ville- 50-12; best accomplishment - 3A Div I State Finals (35-24 win over Burnet)

Bridge City - 41-18; 3A Div I State Semis (0-38 loss to sinton)

Old Cardinal
04-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Ya'll sort this all out--I am headed for a ball game tonight....

Matthew328
04-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Good job OC way to stir the pot.....deep down you know Gainesville would make BC their girlfreind

PappaBear
04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
To Big Daddy Russ: I totally agree with you. That is why I listed good teams across TXs that could well be rated #1 instead of Gainesville every year. Sinton should definately be in the hunt!

OC
Don't be fooled by our graduation numbers remember in 2003 when we graduated 34 seniors of the state semifinal team. the next year we were supposed to be mediocre but made it back to the same game and gave a great Bunet team a run for their money. We have an excellent program from the ground up so we never have to re-build just reload. I don't see Bridge city staying on the field with us.

Haunta Yo
04-28-2005, 08:16 PM
we have a kid named Johnny Dishon that ran all over Jasper with a big-score win as a 9th grader at QB.

Ah, wasn't Jasper's freshman QB starting in playoff games during his freshman year?

How ya gonna bring up a "big win" on a freshman team 2 YEARS AGO?? Surely that can't be his claim to fame after a year of varsity ball.

SE Texas has to be embarassed with that gem of a quote.

WOS1
04-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Us either... stick to baseball...

Astrosdawg07
04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I have one question, why is everyone talking trash? As of right now everyone is 0-0, and until that changes, keep your damn mouth shut if you are gonna talk trash. I'm 16 and I think I'm more mature than some of you older folks!

Astrosdawg07
04-28-2005, 08:32 PM
T Jasper had a couple of dozen Seniors and BC had less than a handful.

To clarify that, Jasper did have several senior graduate but we only last 5-10 key starters. And Pattons role was greatly reduced this past year.

c-town_balla
04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How many SE Texas teams are among them? I'm not trying to provoke you, but ask you if you seriously think that most SE Texas football teams are truly superior to the rest of the state. If so, why?

The reason SE to CenTex has better teams but dosen't win state is, that they beat each other up. Jasper is great. Cameron was really good Marlin was really good. Our average teams were REALLY good

Rabbit'93
04-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I have one question, why is everyone talking trash? As of right now everyone is 0-0, and until that changes, keep your damn mouth shut if you are gonna talk trash. I'm 16 and I think I'm more mature than some of you older folks!
You think you would know not to talk like that...since you're so mature and all. :D

j_dog
04-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
And btw...its not good to breathe paint thinner.
Very good observation! :D

OC, push your little attacks against other teams and areas if you must. But, please leave Jasper out of your schemes. Jasper does not have time for your foolishness. Right now, Jasper is focusing on one game, the opening game with WOS. In due time, Jasper coaches will turn their attention to BC. Ratings and standings will take care of themselves without such comments from any of us. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
04-29-2005, 08:18 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/leejoo_mesthoop_boer.gif

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Love it! :D Not even football season and the mud is being slung! ;) Gotta love OC & his SE Texas fetish! :evillaugh

spiveyrat
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Love it! :D Not even football season and the mud is being slung! ;) Gotta love OC & his SE Texas fetish! :evillaugh

You sure that's mud??? ;)

pirate4state
04-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You sure that's mud??? ;) heh, heh...i wasn't referring to LHPM picture!! :D

mwynn05
04-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Old Card you do realize Gainesville is 70 miles from Dallas and 65 from Fort Worth, not near as DFW as you claim.

KTJ
04-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Old Card you do realize Gainesville is 70 miles from Dallas and 65 from Fort Worth, not near as DFW as you claim.

We are still considered part of D/FW and North Texas

AggiesAreWe
04-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I find it hard to believe that a town with a population between 16,000-19,000 can remain 3A. Silsbee, which just dropped from 4A this year, has a population of around 8,000 and they are only 50 kids shy of returning to 4A. The "old people" solution just doesn't seem to fly. There has to be some number juggling going on in Gainsville.

KTJ
04-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I find it hard to believe that a town with a population between 16,000-19,000 can remain 3A. Silsbee, which just dropped from 4A this year, has a population of around 8,000 and they are only 50 kids shy of returning to 4A. The "old people" solution just doesn't seem to fly. There has to be some number juggling going on in Gainsville.

Well you can believe whatever you want. I went to school there from 1996-2000 and there was never more than 850 kids in school.

Since you're so quick to dismiss the facts, I encourage you to take a trip up 1-35 and see it for yourself. I just gave a history lesson on why the population is where it is. Did you not read it?

HighSchool Fan
04-29-2005, 12:53 PM

what is in the water in SE Texas?? have they been on the sheep farm to much?? it looks to me that SE Texas is already looking for an excuse for when Gainesville beats one of them this year. don't run your mouth about how something doesn't fly with you, show us solid facts.

HighSchool Fan
04-29-2005, 12:59 PM
OC and aggiearesheep, explain this one to me, why is kerrville a small 4a school when they have 25,000 ppl?? in yall's way of thinking, a town of 25,000 should be close to 5A.

HighSchool Fan
04-29-2005, 01:01 PM
and another one, LH is barely bigger than Collinsville, yet 1 is 1a and 1 is 3a. explain that one football guru's, or should i say popluation guru's.

KTJ
04-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Just a sidenote for those who are interested.

Some of Gainesville's population go to Callisburg, which is a 2A school just northeast of Gainesville. You can't exactly live in Callisburg because there's nothing there except a general store. So the majority of those students live in Gainesville and Lake Kiowa. (Although because of growth out in Lake Kiowa, Callisburg is on the verge of going 3A.) So lets say Gainesville and Callisburg consolidated, then Gainesville would be a medium sized 4A school...close to small 5A possibly. That would also be the case if Callisburg was never around to begin with.

This also happens with other area schools such as Lindsay (1A) and Era (1A). They live in the Gainesville city limits but go to those rural schools.

big daddy russ
04-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Ingleside and Ingleside on the Bay (the two towns that combine to send their kids to Ingleside ISD) have a combined 11,000 people and Ingleside HS still only has about 600 kids. Sinton, meanwhile, is a town of about 5,000 people but their HS is the biggest in the district with 650 kids.

The district immediately south of us, Gregory-Portland, has a combined population of about 14,000 people between the cities of Gregory and Portland. They're a medium-sized 4A school with some 1,300 kids.... and then to our north, Rockport-Fulton has another mid-sized 4A school. The town of Ingleside alone has a larger population than Rockport and Fulton combined.

To our south, Kingsville, who's in the same district as G-P, is a town of over 25,000 and their HS is about the same size as G-P's.

Going to the other end of the spectrum, look at towns like Liberty Hill and Bandera. Bandera has what, maybe 1,000 people tops. They're on the verge of being a 4A school. LH has less than 2,000 people but they're a mid-sized 3A. The town of Refugio has more people than both Bandera and LH combined and they're only a 2A school.

So what do these numbers really mean? Not much. That's how many people live in the town, it doesn't represent how many people go to school there.

Gobbla2001
04-29-2005, 04:50 PM
I remember at one time La Vernia having more High School students than residents... I think it was a 600 pop with a 640+ enrollment...

Gobbla2001
04-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Altair's population is around 30 people, isn't it (help me out here, Raiders)... But they get the majority of their students from the city of Eagle Lake (goose huntin' capitol of the World)...

pirate44
04-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Ingleside and Ingleside on the Bay (the two towns that combine to send their kids to Ingleside ISD) have a combined 11,000 people and Ingleside HS still only has about 600 kids. Sinton, meanwhile, is a town of about 5,000 people but their HS is the biggest in the district with 650 kids.

The district immediately south of us, Gregory-Portland, has a combined population of about 14,000 people between the cities of Gregory and Portland. They're a medium-sized 4A school with some 1,300 kids.... and then to our north, Rockport-Fulton has another mid-sized 4A school. The town of Ingleside alone has a larger population than Rockport and Fulton combined.

To our south, Kingsville, who's in the same district as G-P, is a town of over 25,000 and their HS is about the same size as G-P's.

Going to the other end of the spectrum, look at towns like Liberty Hill and Bandera. Bandera has what, maybe 1,000 people tops. They're on the verge of being a 4A school. LH has less than 2,000 people but they're a mid-sized 3A. The town of Refugio has more people than both Bandera and LH combined and they're only a 2A school.

So what do these numbers really mean? Not much. That's how many people live in the town, it doesn't represent how many people go to school there.
wow, you did your homeworl. i didnt realize ingleside had so many people. thanks

JHS_c/o_06'
04-29-2005, 09:55 PM
However, we have a kid named Johnny Dishon that ran all over Jasper with a big-score win as a 9th grader at QB. He had to give up playing time to an older youth but nevertheless was able to shine a few times this year. He is a Junior and is poised to lead at QB next season. Again I compliment this area: we have good youth that will get scholarships to college.

And you know what...lol....that STILL WONT BE ENOUGH TO STOP US. I bet ya 5 bucks we score on our first offensive play of the game. Just ask liberty hill about that one (no offense lhpm and others).

And btw....for the record....two years ago...when you beat us (the freshmen team) so bad....we hadnt played in 4-5 weeks. Lol...i remember that tuesday coach coke said...."boys...we finally got yall a game....you play BC in two days....now go home."...we all just kind of stood there...our faces looked....:doh: ...alot like that.

Old Cardinal
04-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Just curious--How do you think you will do against Silsbee and Kirbyville this year in District since they whipped you with real young teams last year?

mwynn05
04-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Brownsboro's population sign says 500, they used to be 4a

big daddy russ
04-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
wow, you did your homeworl. i didnt realize ingleside had so many people. thanks
We used to only have about 5,500 combined about 15 years ago when Ingleside and IOB were still the same town. But when Homeport opened up we exploded. Still, we have a lot of retirees that live out on the bay, so if you take away the Navy personnel that don't have kids and the retirees whose families have moved on we're still probably in the 6,000-people range.

Leopards,class of 75
04-29-2005, 11:38 PM
I.M.O., I wished that Gainesville was in 4A div. I really don't enjoy seeing the Leopards playing small towns like Whitesboro, Pottsboro and so on. When I was attending G.H.S.(1971-1975) we played larger towns such as South Grand Prairie, Lewisville, Sherman, Denison. At the home games, you would see lots more fans than you do at the 3 A level of football and same with the out of town games. But as we all know, the population of the town does not decide what class you play in, it is the number of students.

Keith7
04-30-2005, 01:52 AM

you can believe what you want.. but how do u explain Texarakana L-E, or Waco La Vega, or Carrolton Ranchview, just to name a few.. all those cities are way bigger then Gainesville and they have 3a schools

rhs78
04-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Altair's population is around 30 people, isn't it (help me out here, Raiders)... But they get the majority of their students from the city of Eagle Lake (goose huntin' capitol of the World)...
your pretty close Gobbla,but don't forget the large citys of Garwood,Nada, and Sheridan are included in the 400 students at Rice.

mwynn05
04-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
you can believe what you want.. but how do u explain Texarakana L-E, or Waco La Vega, or Carrolton Ranchview, just to name a few.. all those cities are way bigger then Gainesville and they have 3a schools L-E, i dono but I bet it's a small town outside of Texarkana, La Vega is actually in bellmede not Waco, and Ranchview only had like 2 maybe 3 classes in the school this year

Gobbla2001
04-30-2005, 09:59 AM
I've been by the Waco La Vega school, it isn't really in a very populated area...

Some of these towns may have private schools or something... do any of you know if they do?

KTJ
05-01-2005, 09:21 PM
La Vega High School is only in the city of Waco. It's not part of WISD, I don't think.

Liberty-Eylau is the same way in Texarkana. (It's just like Callisburg is to Gainesville.)

Carrollton Ranchview is 3A because it's a brand new school. It will be 4A the next realignment and 5A, just like its sister schools, after that.

JasperDog94
05-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Just curious--How do you think you will do against Silsbee and Kirbyville this year in District since they whipped you with real young teams last year? ohhh..ohhh..ohhhh.. I'll take this one.

A one point game against Silsbee in OT isn't a whipping. Plus Silsbee graduated more kids than we did.

And next year Kirbyville won't know what plays we're going to run before the snap.:D :D :D

Hupernikomen
05-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Just curious--How do you think you will do against Silsbee and Kirbyville this year in District since they whipped you with real young teams last year?

I don't know about Silsbee or Kirbyville since they are actually rather talented. The Silsbee game was a classic. kirbyville was due against us after the close call from 2 years back and a good whooping we put on them last year. They wanted it more than us and beat us good.

As far as BC goes I will go ahead and predict we shut you guys out this year and score no less than 40.

AggiesAreWe
05-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Silsbee did not graduate more than Jasper. According to the program I got from the Silsbee-Jasper game( which it was a Jasper program) Silsbee had 16 seniors and Jasper had 22. Silsbee will return 16 juniors and 9 sophmores.

Old Cardinal
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Keep being so cocky Teach-- you are living in a fantasy world. BC will play you a great game and may beat you worst than they did Kirbyville last year. I am so glad you are on our schedule it will be a good game I predict. LOL

JHS_c/o_06'
05-04-2005, 09:20 PM

For starters....id hardly call a one point overtime win a 'whipping'. As for Kirbyville, you know how the ol country saying goes, "even a blind squirl finds an acorn everynow and then, and game footage with the plays on it." Believe it or not, thats what happened. But you know what, im not gonna talk about this any more. You come to the boneyard this year. And i wont have to do any talking, neither will you because of the long quiet ride home you'll have. I love how your so quick to bring up the losses we had last year, but so easily forget how we handed your butts to you. We will beat Silsbee, we will beat kirbyville, and we will beat Bridge City. I'm done talking about it.

WOS1
05-04-2005, 10:26 PM
OC, you sure are putting a lot of stock in an overtime LOSS the Cards had last year to a WO-S team who's heads were who knows where... We were like walking zombies our last 2 games last year. Definitely weren't a powerhouse, so I would quit thinking that, because your Cards hung close to us that this somehow guarantees a great season this year. Instead, you better look at what happened to the Cards the very next week (got smoked by a mediocre Barbers Hill team), you must also look at what happened to the team that beat us the very next round (got REALLY smoked by Palestine). I say BC loses to Jasper, Silsbee, Kirbyville and WO-S next year.

spiveyrat
05-05-2005, 06:38 AM
C'mon, really... how long has it been since BC beat Jasper? I'll bet you have to go back to the '80's.

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2005, 06:54 AM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/2.gif

Black_Magic
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
I guess its OK every year to hussle the top spot early on but the stats just don't hold up to the DWF hussle up there. LOL ;) LOL Heck ! who wants the preseason #1 ranking? the last one was way off as I remember. I believe Gainsville will be very good this year. Snyder will be good too as you mentioned , they have 9 returners on Defense and a Good core of Skill positions returning including both QBs. Marlin will be good because of the speed. Cuero also has alot of speed and should be a contender. dont know about Liberty hill because I just dont know enough about them. Jasper will be very tough Im sure. I would not count Gainsvile out but I dont know if they are the top dog right now.

JasperDog94
05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Silsbee did not graduate more than Jasper. According to the program I got from the Silsbee-Jasper game( which it was a Jasper program) Silsbee had 16 seniors and Jasper had 22. Silsbee will return 16 juniors and 9 sophmores. Sorry, I meant to say starters. I thought Silsbee graduated most of their starters this year.

tigers05
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Not saying SE Texas is weak, because they aren't. But are they THAT strong, I mean let's see Bridge City play in the Abilene area. Yes that put's you in 4-3a probably OC. Yes you MIGHT not get last, notice i said MIGHT.

Black_Magic
05-05-2005, 04:18 PM
District 4-3A is the best example of why you need 3 teams from a district in the playoffs. Last year District 4-3A had a state champion, a state semi finalist , and a state quarter finalist.

Phantom Stang
05-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Let's not forget our last place team in 4-3A, the Clyde Bulldogs. They played strong games against Brady and Breckenridge, each of whom advanced to the second round of the playoffs.;)

AggiesAreWe
05-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Silsbee returns 5 offensive starters and 6 defensive starters. Of the 11, 8 were either 1st or 2nd team all district, with 5 of those being sophmores.