PDA

View Full Version : The Sandlot

District303aPastPlayer
04-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Is this not just a great movie? I think it will live on forevvvvveeeerrrr http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/29/9/96-46165-sm.jpg

pirate44
04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Smalls: I was gonna put the ball back.
Squints: But it was signed by Babe Ruth!
Smalls: Yeah, you keep telling me that! Who is she?
Ham Porter: WHAT? WHAT?
Kenny: The sultan of swat!
Bertram: The king of crash!
Timmy: The colossus of clout!
Tommy: The colossus of clout!
All: BABE RUTH!
Ham Porter: THE GREAT BAMBINO!
Smalls: Oh my god! You mean that's the same guy?

ROFLMPWBO:D :clap:

44INAROW
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
We drove to Florida in 2000 and we only had 2 tapes to watch in the car and we listened up front while our son watched "Little Big League" and "The Sandlot" OVER AND OVER AND OVER and FOREVER AND FOREVER AND FOREVER lol.............. had the "Tequila Song" in my head for days :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-28-2005, 02:20 PM
he kissed wendy peppercorn

AP Panther Fan
Is Sandlot 2 out on DVD yet?

44INAROW
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

There's a Sandlot 2? cool

pirate4state
04-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Is Sandlot 2 out on DVD yet? I think so...should've been released last week. :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
04-28-2005, 02:21 PM

they made a part 2?!

pirate44
04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
they made a part 2?!
sacrillige, aint it?

pirate4state
04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
they made a part 2?! Yep! check it out! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418131/)

Ranger Mom
04-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Whoever did that review on that site wasn't very complimentary!

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yep! check it out! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418131/)

Darn it...didn't like what I read. Was hoping it would be as entertaining as the original.:(

District303aPastPlayer
04-28-2005, 02:28 PM
why eff up a good thing

big daddy russ
04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
why eff up a good thing
It's all about the Benjamins.

TheDOCTORdre
04-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Theres one immediate reason the 2nd one will not measure up to the 1st, there are girls on the team, and we all know girls cant compete with the men

pirate44
04-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Theres one immediate reason the 2nd one will not measure up to the 1st, there are girls on the team, and we all know girls cant compete with the men
yeah, they throw like GIRLS!!

44INAROW
04-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Theres one immediate reason the 2nd one will not measure up to the 1st, there are girls on the team, and we all know girls cant compete with the men :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

ILS1
04-28-2005, 04:30 PM
This is one of the greatest coming of age movies ever!!! Why would they wanna mess it up. The characters in the original were classic. Smalls,Rodriguez,Squints,Porter,Timmy,Tommy....... . After reading the reviews,I'm not sure I wanna see it. I can't believe they got James Earl Jones and Karen Allen to reprise their roles!!! Like it was said earlier "it's all about the Benjamins"!!!

"You're KILLING me Smalls"!!!!!!! Wendy Peppercorn was a little young hottie!!! LOL!!!

:)

TheDOCTORdre
04-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
truth hurts:D :D :D

SwtwtrMstngs04
04-28-2005, 05:32 PM
while trying to find a trailer for this (which i never found) i noticed they are making a new Bad News Bears with Billy Bob Thornton.

pirate44
04-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
while trying to find a trailer for this (which i never found) i noticed they are making a new Bad News Bears with Billy Bob Thornton.
he's more qualified than anyone to play that role:D

pirate4state
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
My best friend bought it for her 5 year old little boy (who loves THE SANDLOT) and he wouldn't watch it :D, so I did.

I was annoyed with it at first and then it kinda grew on me. :o It comes no where near being as good as THE SANDLOT, but I can see where kids who have never ( :eek: ) seen the original may like it, especially girls. :) There are 3 girls that play softball (and they are good) that try and take over the sandlot, 6 boys that can't believe girls would dare invade their turf and a challenge is issued!! :D There are maybe 3 different scenes with baseball being played, but the rest of the movie are basically the same type of hijinks that occurred in the original. They are in a pickle and someone needs to be a hero. :D The thing that really bothered me the most is that they made a little "love story" out of it!! :rolleyes: :D Imagine that a love story. :doh: The lead girl does a good job & her love interest does a decent job too. Other than that the acting is pretty poor, but hey, they're kids.

The only character/actor that is back is James Earl Jones and he has maybe 2 minutes of screen time.

Overall I'd give it 2 stars out of a possible 5.

AP - I think your daughters may like it. :)

pirate44
05-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
My best friend bought it for her 5 year old little boy (who loves THE SANDLOT) and he wouldn't watch it :D, so I did.

I was annoyed with it at first and then it kinda grew on me. :o It comes no where near being as good as THE SANDLOT, but I can see where kids who have never ( :eek: ) seen the original may like it, especially girls. :) There are 3 girls that play softball (and they are good) that try and take over the sandlot, 6 boys that can't believe girls would dare invade their turf and a challenge is issued!! :D There are maybe 3 different scenes with baseball being played, but the rest of the movie are basically the same type of hijinks that occurred in the original. They are in a pickle and someone needs to be a hero. :D The thing that really bothered me the most is that they made a little "love story" out of it!! :rolleyes: :D Imagine that a love story. :doh: The lead girl does a good job & her love interest does a decent job too. Other than that the acting is pretty poor, but hey, they're kids.

The only character/actor that is back is James Earl Jones and he has maybe 2 minutes of screen time.

Overall I'd give it 2 stars out of a possible 5.

AP - I think your daughters may like it. :)
thanks for the report P4S. i might take a peek at it out of curiosity.
i have a big problem with them re-using the line "You play like a girl!!!". that was a classic line and is about as bad as if someone re-used "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. " or "Every time a bell rings, an angle gets it's wings"

pirate4state
05-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
thanks for the report P4S. i might take a peek at it out of curiosity.
i have a big problem with them re-using the line "You play like a girl!!!". they "borrow" alot of scenes/lines from the original. :rolleyes: But they are still funny!! :D

"You're KILLIN me Smalls!" :D :D :D

AggieJohn
05-13-2005, 03:36 AM
is the second one any better

pirate44
05-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
is the second one any better
P4S gives a review just a few posts before yours.