PDA

View Full Version : The Obedient Wife

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Obedient Wife

There was a man who had worked all of his life, had saved all of his money, and was a real miser when it came to his money. Just before he died, he said to his wife, "When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the after life with me." And so he got his wife to promise him with all of her heart that when he died, she would put all of the money in the casket with him.

Well, he died. He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there in black, and her friend was sitting next to her. When they finished the ceremony, just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a minute!" She had a box with her, she came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket down, and they rolled it away.

So her friend said, "Girl, I know you weren't fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband."

The loyal wife replied,"Listen, I'm a Christian . I can't go back on my word. I promised him that I was going to put that money in that casket with him."

"You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him!?"

"I sure did," said the wife. "I got it all together, put it into my account and wrote him a check. If he can cash it, he can spend it."

:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate44
04-28-2005, 10:51 AM
http://www.onefunsite.com/images/good_wifes_guide.jpg

pirate4state
04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
http://www.onefunsite.com/images/good_wifes_guide.jpg :hand: Are you looking to start a fight? :devil:

pirate44
04-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:hand: Are you looking to start a fight? :devil:
hate the messege, not the messenger

pirate4state
04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
hate the messege, not the messenger you know you got a kick out of posting that!!! wait until your wife gets on the board! :evillaugh :wave:

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Well IF you are trying to start a fight....I wouldn't know it. I can't see photo's anymore or import anything from imageshack.:(

Sorry ladies....no more pictures of handsome cowboys etc....:(

Phil C
04-28-2005, 10:57 AM
lol

Maybe the husband should have told her to do a money order. :)

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 11:00 AM

Here ya go AP Panther---click on the link and you can see the pic...

pirate44
04-28-2005, 11:01 AM
you know you got a kick out of posting that!!! wait until your wife gets on the board! :evillaugh :wave:
:doh:
if i agree to remove it, will you agree to remove it in your quote??

pirate44
04-28-2005, 11:01 AM
dang, it's snowballing on me:(

Phil C
04-28-2005, 11:04 AM
dang, it's snowballing on me:(

Come on 44! Lay the law down! I am the boss of my house and what I say goes!

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey Phil....You wouldn't happen to know the next time "Dawn at Soccoro" is showing again would you?

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Here ya go AP Panther---click on the link and you can see the pic...

Thanks Bull...company policy violation! Adult or sexually explicit!:mad:

Just makes me wonder more what you are up to P44! :D

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey Phil....You wouldn't happen to know the next time "Dawn at Soccoro" is showing again would you?

LOL :clap: :clap: :clap:

I might just have to watch it so Phil and I can start a thread to discuss each and every aspect of the movie.;)

pirate44
04-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks Bull...company policy violation! Adult or sexually explicit!:mad:

Just makes me wonder more what you are up to P44! :D
sexually explicit??!! i must have missed that line. i need to go back and read it

Phil C
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM

Well I didn't say I wouldn't answer questions about honest inquiries on threads so Bull it is on TCM this coming Monday from 8:30 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. and will be repeated Saturday (May 7) from 9:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. on TCM. I don't know if they will repeat it again in June or not. If you can't watch it then maybe you can record it for later or get someone to record it for you.

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 11:13 AM
sexually explicit??!! i must have missed that line. i need to go back and read it

who knows what this firewall thinks...it really irritates the crap out of me. Last week after some updates over the weekend, I couldn't even get into the caller times.:rolleyes:

Phil C
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
LOL :clap: :clap: :clap:

I might just have to watch it so Phil and I can start a thread to discuss each and every aspect of the movie.;)

I can reply to a post on it but some don't want me to be the one that starts it and I have kept my word on it. :)

pirate44
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
who knows what this firewall thinks...it really irritates the crap out of me. Last week after some updates over the weekend, I couldn't even get into the caller times.:rolleyes:
can you view smilies ap?

Phil C
04-28-2005, 11:15 AM
It would be delightful to go into great detail with you on it. I have done some discussion on it which you can see with your search button. :)

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I can reply to a post on it but some don't want me to be the one that starts it and I have kept my word on it. :)

Well, want in one hand and "spit" in the other.:cool:

Phil C
04-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Regarding the picture you have to remember that things were different in 1955. Most of the wives didn't work on jobs so they had time to do a lot of that stuff. We must remember we live in different times with more and more women working and some even making more money than men.

Ranger Mom
04-28-2005, 11:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/wife.jpg

You have got to be kidding me!!

Not only would I be complaining that he stayed out all night, when he returned home I would make him comfortable in his favorite chair, bed, bedroom floor, by knocking the cold drink upside his head!

http://www.abcwebworx.com/smilies/angry/angry34.gif

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 11:17 AM
can you view smilies ap?

Yes, and I can even copy free animated gifs and post 'em just can't see pictures or host and post one from imageshack.:(

pirate44
04-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Yes, and I can even copy free animated gifs and post 'em just can't see pictures or host and post one from imageshack.:(
maybe this will work then

http://img18.echo.cx/img18/6741/goodwifesguidecopy6ks.gif

any luck?

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 11:22 AM
maybe this will work then

http://img18.echo.cx/img18/6741/goodwifesguidecopy6ks.gif

any luck?

This is what I see! Nothing.

pirate4state
04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
:doh:
if i agree to remove it, will you agree to remove it in your quote?? nope :evillaugh

pirate44
04-28-2005, 11:28 AM
nope :evillaugh
actually my wife has a great sense of humor. she will get a good laugh out of it.

pirate4state
04-28-2005, 11:30 AM
actually my wife has a great sense of humor. she will get a good laugh out of it. keep telling yourself that. ;)

Phil C
04-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Man I'm sure glad I'm the boss at my house!

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the pm '44.

After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

You know, I just can't quite figure that one out...:p

Ranger Mom
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM

I'm glad I am too Phil!!:D :p

pirate44
04-28-2005, 11:37 AM
in the words of P4S:

You're killing me Smalls!

Bandera YaYa
04-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Come on 44! Lay the law down! I am the boss of my house and what I say goes! Ha....there wasn't a doubt in my mind about that Phil....... :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 11:47 AM

No doubt Phil's wife was out shopping when he posted this......I tried making a similar post once when I thought my wife wasn't looking and it took me 20 minutes or so to get my butt back down from between my shoulder blades, but then again, Mrs. Phil may be a gentle woman not given to violence like mine.

Bandera YaYa
04-28-2005, 11:50 AM
No doubt Phil's wife was out shopping when he posted this......I tried making a similar post once when I thought my wife wasn't looking and it took me 20 minutes or so to get my butt back down from between my shoulder blades, but then again, Mrs. Phil may be a gentle woman not given to violence like mine. I'm sure she is a gentle woman......from years of having to walk 2 steps behind ..... :D

SPF25
04-28-2005, 01:03 PM

Phil C is your wife registered member of the dl? I bet she isnt cause you wouldnt be saying such things!

By the way I am a domestic goddess and my husband KNOWS better.

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
By the way I am a domestic goddess and my husband KNOWS better.

LOL :D

(he also knows that you will read it and it can and will be used against him, if need be);)

pirate44
04-28-2005, 01:34 PM
LOL :D

(he also knows that you will read it and it can and will be used against him, if need be);)
im the one who pushed her to register and participate.

pirate4state
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
im the one who pushed her to register and participate. so? you wanna a cookie?

LOL - ;) :D

AP Panther Fan
04-28-2005, 01:38 PM
im the one who pushed her to register and participate.

And I think that was a very good idea! :)

pirate44
04-28-2005, 01:52 PM
so? you wanna a cookie?

you sure are a sweet talker

LH Panther Mom
04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
so? you wanna a cookie?

I bet he does, as long as it's a Thin Mint. :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate44
04-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
im an equal opportunity cookie eater LH. but thin mints do have a special place in my heart

44INAROW

I just hope it doesn't start firewalling the Downlow:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Yummy....just happen to have a box in my desk drawer. What a great idea LHPM...THIN MINTS!:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh