PDA

View Full Version : Aggies vs. Horns

panther power
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
A&M homers in the first off the CAT to take an early 3-0 lead..

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 07:25 PM
runner on second...cat has been rocked

panther power
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Gig Em Aggies!

Can I get a whoop?

panther power
04-27-2005, 07:28 PM
E6!

Gobbla2001
04-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Bout the only whoop I could find:

http://thumb.shutterstock.com/photos/display_pic_with_logo/947/947,1100749585,8.jpg

lepfan
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by panther power
Gig Em Aggies!

Can I get a whoop?

Poohw!!!

panther power
04-27-2005, 07:33 PM
bunch of haters, move to austin where the boys are boys and the girls are to!

panther power
04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
horns fight back to make it a game, this is great to watch.

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 08:06 PM
3-3

UT - Padilla singled to left field.
- Boutelle singled, bunt; Padilla advanced to second.

- Sievers out at first 1b to 2b, SAC, bunt; Boutelle advanced to second; Padilla advanced to third.

- D. Williams homered to left center, 3 RBI; Boutelle scored; Padilla scored.

- J. Williams walked.

- Willis grounded out to ss; J. Williams advanced to second

LH Panther Mom
04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Go HORNS!!!

TheDOCTORdre
04-27-2005, 08:38 PM
the CAT is back on her game now

panther power
04-27-2005, 08:40 PM
man she is on point, this one is great, both teams are doing good jobs.

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 09:49 PM
5-3 win for the ags, whoop! A&M improves to 42-5 while texas drops to 35-11

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 10:35 PM
A great win for the Lady Aggies who played great as Texas was off tonight.

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
It will be different if they meet in the real playoffs and not the Big 12 championship but when it counts. Remember the Lady Aggies won't have a home field advantage. After all remember in soccer when they Lady Aggies won the Big 12 Championship and the Big 12 Tournament and beat the Lady Horns two out of two times. Yet in the real playoffs guess who got the fartherest in the playoffs! :)

Astrosdawg07
04-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey let the ag fags enjoy every win they get. At U.T. we only care about the championships and beating OU our real rival.

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Well they do deserve to enjoy it because they played great!

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Many things were at stake. We clinched at least a tie for the regular-season Big 12 title, and one more win in our last three games will win it outright.

We extended our home winning streak to 17 and earned a half-point in the State Farm Lone Star Showdown. The victory moved us closer to a great seed in the Big 12 tournament and the possibility of hosting an NCAA regional.

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
A great win for the Lady Aggies who played great as Texas was off tonight.

Well they do deserve to enjoy it because they played great!

So your a UT supporter eh PhiI

mwynn05
04-27-2005, 11:08 PM
It will be different if they meet in the real playoffs and not the Big 12 championship but when it counts. Remember the Lady Aggies won't have a home field advantage. After all remember in soccer when they Lady Aggies won the Big 12 Championship and the Big 12 Tournament and beat the Lady Horns two out of two times. Yet in the real playoffs guess who got the fartherest in the playoffs! :) In college, they dont have playoffs, but the do have the NCAA tournament.

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
So your a UT supporter eh PhiI

Yep! But I have my feelings for the Aggies because several relatives went to school there. Still when it gets to the nitty gritty well I have to go with the Horns. Of course Texas was not at their best tonight but the Lady Aggies played well and you have to be a good team to take advantage when a good team has an off night and win and the Lady Aggies were up to the ocassion.

TMer25
04-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Does earning a point in the Lone Star Showdown which has already been decided, really matter at this point?

Bulldog_12
04-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok, im supposed to not be on here due to studying, but Im on break. I disagree with you horribly Phil. Its not that UT was off tonight, we had home field advantage and we played better all around. You can say the Cat played bad, but in reality, she struck out 11 batters, and only gave up 6 hits. One inning is what hurt her and we took advantage. Both team had one error, but we all know who made up for their error in the end. So Ill give it to you, UT (The CAT) had an off INNING, but thats all.

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 11:18 PM
But one off inning can ruin a whole game but we can disagree and still be agreeable. HOw about them spurs tonight!

Bulldog_12
04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
But one off inning can ruin a whole game but we can disagree and still be agreeable. HOw about them spurs tonight!

True, but Im just saying you cant base an ENTIRE game on one inning. Amanda gave up the same type of inning in the third. We just played a better game tonight than I think we have in a while. Defensively anyways.

mwynn05
04-27-2005, 11:21 PM
But is didn't Phil, they tied the game up after that inning

Phil C
04-28-2005, 08:16 AM
I have seen the CAT pitch a shutout in the olympics against a hard hitting outstanding Japenese softball team who had a much better hard hitting team than the Lady Aggies (no disrespect intended but you are comparing a college team against an international team that would whip any USA college team). The CAT held that team to no points and Texas finally won it. So anytime a team scores more than 2 points against the CAT no matter in what inning is a bad game for the CAT.

bmbf_06
04-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Ok, im supposed to not be on here due to studying, but Im on break. I disagree with you horribly Phil. Its not that UT was off tonight, we had home field advantage and we played better all around. You can say the Cat played bad, but in reality, she struck out 11 batters, and only gave up 6 hits. One inning is what hurt her and we took advantage. Both team had one error, but we all know who made up for their error in the end. So Ill give it to you, UT (The CAT) had an off INNING, but thats all.

I was at the game and i have to say that both teams definately battled it out---Cat pitched a really good game, as well as Amanda.....the crowd wasn't liking the ump behind the plate very much,i have never been to an A&M softball game before, and i had a great time. Would have been better if i had seen my bud Jami play!!! :( But overall, it was a great game---WAY TO GO AGGIES!! WHOOP!

Bellville22
04-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Hey let the ag fags enjoy every win they get. At U.T. we only care about the championships and beating OU our real rival.

:clap: Classy post there 'Astrosdawg07'. :clap:

Bulldog_12
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I have seen the CAT pitch a shutout in the olympics against a hard hitting outstanding Japenese softball team who had a much better hard hitting team than the Lady Aggies (no disrespect intended but you are comparing a college team against an international team that would whip any USA college team). The CAT held that team to no points and Texas finally won it. So anytime a team scores more than 2 points against the CAT no matter in what inning is a bad game for the CAT.

Im finally done with tests and can LEGALLY post again. So down to business. Phil, you forget that we are the top hitting team in the NATION. We have a .343 batting average as a team. And you are still basing the play of a TEAM on ONE PLAYER. If we played according to Amanda's stats, and your "explanation" of how a team plays based on one player, we should have been killed by UT. Cat outpitched Amanda with 11 strikeouts to 6 and only allowed one hit more than Amanda. I hate to burst your happy bubble Phil, but your girls just got outplayed last night.

AggieJohn
04-28-2005, 05:06 PM
I hate to burst your happy bubble Phil, but your girls just got outplayed last night.
amen

KTJ
04-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Essentially, isn't that what happens anytime someone loses, they just get outplayed?

So did we get outplayed by OU at the RRS? and Did A&M get outplayed by Texas at DKR?

Or did both teams just have off nights?

AggieJohn
04-28-2005, 05:12 PM
then you agree that our girls outplayed yours

KTJ
04-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
then you agree that our girls outplayed yours

You obviously didn't read, nor contemplate, my question.

JHS_c/o_06'
04-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
You obviously didn't read, nor contemplate, my question.

He's only in it for a UT fan to say we got outplayed. It doesnt matter about any other games of the past. He just wants the satisfaction of hearing one of us give in and say it. Oh well.

And in response to AJ's sig.

I think the worlds cat population is too high as it is....so we dont really mind.:D

PhiI C
04-28-2005, 07:34 PM
No way that Aggie team would beat the international Japenese team. I still stay with the off night. But I gave the Lady Aggies credit for playing great though. I kind of hope we catch other teams on off nights in the playoffs. tst tst!

Bulldog_12
04-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Essentially, isn't that what happens anytime someone loses, they just get outplayed?

So did we get outplayed by OU at the RRS? and Did A&M get outplayed by Texas at DKR?

Or did both teams just have off nights?

I never said once that we could beat them. I just said that we are the top ranked hitting team. Yes, but I hate hearing excuses like we had a bad night when our pitcher had twice as many strikeouts as yours did. He is basing the entire teams performance on Cat's ONE bad inning. Thats all im trying to point out. This was a great game and both played, from what seemed, to the BEST of their ability. Or else it would not have been a close game.

AggieJohn
04-30-2005, 01:37 AM
I never said once that we could beat them. I just said that we are the top ranked hitting team. Yes, but I hate hearing excuses like we had a bad night when our pitcher had twice as many strikeouts as yours did. He is basing the entire teams performance on Cat's ONE bad inning. Thats all im trying to point out. This was a great game and both played, from what seemed, to the BEST of their ability. Or else it would not have been a close game.

Bulldog_12's posts: Logical and Factual

Aggiejohn's posts: emotional and irrational

KL3
04-30-2005, 01:58 PM
PhiI C, what happened when texas lost to California (a team A&M beat), Long Beach State, Baylor, Missouri, Texas Tech, and A&M? Surely, texas and Cat couldn't have had "off nights" in all of these losses, could they?

A&M came in leading the nation in batting average, and are at the top of the statistics in many other offensive categories. I think it's safe to say we have the best hitting team in the nation.

I was actually surprised texas made the game as close as it was. After our freshman hit the 3 run bomb, I didn't think texas' weak hitting offense ( .243 avg. compared to a&m's .343) would score 3 runs off of Scarborough.