PDA

View Full Version : Good for Lake Worth

Alvaradobacker
10-18-2001, 09:41 PM
When I was in school (the late '80's) Lake Worth's football team was a joke. Now they're one of the better teams in region 1. Congratulations on pulling your program out of the basement.

News for the rest of region 1: If Alvarado ever figures out how to throw the forward pass and/or to hang onto the football unless a spectacular hit jars it loose, you will be in trouble.

eye of the tiger
10-20-2001, 08:37 AM
AlvaradoLB, Alvarado is a good team, but turnovers do hurt. I watched you guys beat my beloved Commerce Tigers. The score was close but, if it hadnt been for turnovers by Alvarado, the margin of victory would have been greater. Hang on to the ball and you guys are going to be a serious factor in the play-offs. Good luck the rest of this year.

TIGERS NEVER QUIT

GARHEIM
10-20-2001, 11:02 AM
Before LW started this recent string of playoff appearances, their last playoff game was '73. We played Alvarado in 72 & 73 first round and got clobbered. It's been good for our community and school to have this turnaround. Beating Aledo at home was an even bigger boost. Most of NW Tarrant Co. is good - Azle, Boswell, LW. All 3 districts border one another. We're just glad you fine folks in Indian-land will be a Division 1 school.

Originally posted by Alvaradobacker:
When I was in school (the late '80's) Lake Worth's football team was a joke. Now they're one of the better teams in region 1. Congratulations on pulling your program out of the basement.

News for the rest of region 1: If Alvarado ever figures out how to throw the forward pass and/or to hang onto the football unless a spectacular hit jars it loose, you will be in trouble.

the claw
10-31-2001, 12:19 PM
it's good to see the turn around for lake worth. My dad still has the newspaper clippings from when he played lake worth in those playoffs, it made them sound pretty bad. But when i played them a couple years ago they were pretty good, now they are a force to be reckoned with. Anyone who can hold aledo to 9 total yards, according to the paper, has to be a very strong team. Good luck to the frogs.