PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 13, Bellville 4

Bellville22
04-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Columbus claimed the District Crown last night when they defeated Bellville 13-4. Bellville had 2nd place locked up prior to this matchup, however some thought they would throw their ace and make a push for the title. They opted to save the arm of Luetge (a wise move IMHO), and take their chance w/ their other hurlers. Didn't see the game, but I'm told Bellville left bases loaded 3 times, so perhaps a tad closer that the score indicates. No doubt, however, that Columbus was the best team in the district this year. Congrats to them.

Columbus (9-0) wins the district, with a win Friday will go undefeated.

Bellville (7-2) is the runner-up.

Not sure, but I believe Navasota sits in the 3rd spot currently, however I think Rice may still be in the hunt.

Will be interesting to see what these teams do in the playoffs. Columbus takes the crown and gets the bye, however I don't know if they have the pitching to take them deep into the playoffs. Meanwhile, Bellville will go as far as Luetge's left arm can take them. He was clearly the best pitcher in the district, and one of the best in the area. If they get in a one game playoff, they're capable of playing with anyone.

strike hard
04-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Last night Navasota beat Rice 14-4. Navasota takes third in district.

rhs78
04-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Congrats to Navasota,good luck Bellville ,Columbus and Navasota in the playoffs, showem what D-20 is all about.

Congrates to the Raiders on a good season

chugbug
04-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Good luck to Columbus, Bellville and Navasota in the playoffs. Represent 20-AAA well. Coach Trixler (Rice), You can be like the Aggies, Wait till next year. :o :o :doh: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: