PDA

View Full Version : 04-25-05 Baseball and Softball Results.

PhiI C
04-26-2005, 09:56 PM
In District 30AAA baseball Sinton cinched the district championship by defeating Ingleside 8 to 1. Sinton got off to a shaky start at the top of the first when Ingleside got some doubles and scored a run and had two men on base with no outs but Sinton made some good defensive plays to keep it from getting worse. Then in bottom of first Sinton got back the momentum and scored 3 runs. In the second and third innings Sinton scored 2 runs and 3 runs for the final scores. The rest of the innings both teams had chances but big defensive plays by both teams stopped the scoring.
Mathis wins second place. Sinton helped Aransas Pass because AP can at the worse tie with Ingleside for the third place spot and get to play Ingleside for the final spot. It depends on what happens on Friday when Ingleside hosts Goliad and Aransas Pass plays at Mathis. If AP can beat Mathis they get third place. If AP loses and Ingleside wins there is a playoff for third place between them.

PhiI C
04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
I know it is college but in softball Texas beat Texas Tech 3 to 0. I don't know if the CAT pitched or not but I hope not so my Aggie friends will get to see her pitch even though I know they want the Lady Aggies to win.

Rockdale Tiger
04-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Rockdale 6
Austin McCallum 0

LH Panther Mom
04-27-2005, 05:15 AM
BB:
Liberty Hill 12, Llano 8

Johnnypaycheck
04-27-2005, 07:33 AM
So, LH Panther Mom,

give us the district standings as of today...sounds like you guy's district is pretty even...

25-3A
Columbia 10
Needville 1

WP-Howard (5-1)
LP- Carlisle

HR-Huffman (1), Ward (10)

Columbia's record now 16-5 (9-1)

LH Panther Mom
04-27-2005, 07:44 AM
1. Wimberley, 8-2
2. Liberty Hill, 7-3
2. Llano, 7-3

pirate44
04-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
In District 30AAA baseball Sinton cinched the district championship by defeating Ingleside 8 to 1. Sinton got off to a shaky start at the top of the first when Ingleside got some doubles and scored a run and had two men on base with no outs but Sinton made some good defensive plays to keep it from getting worse. Then in bottom of first Sinton got back the momentum and scored 3 runs. In the second and third innings Sinton scored 2 runs and 3 runs for the final scores. The rest of the innings both teams had chances but big defensive plays by both teams stopped the scoring.
Mathis wins second place. Sinton helped Aransas Pass because AP can at the worse tie with Ingleside for the third place spot and get to play Ingleside for the final spot. It depends on what happens on Friday when Ingleside hosts Goliad and Aransas Pass plays at Mathis. If AP can beat Mathis they get third place. If AP loses and Ingleside wins there is a playoff for third place between them.
Way to go Sinton Pirates. this is great news considering the slow start they got in the season. thanks for the update in the chat room last night Phil C.

Johnnypaycheck
04-27-2005, 07:48 AM
does liberty hill and llano have to play again to decide 2nd and 3rd?

LH Panther Mom
04-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
does liberty hill and llano have to play again to decide 2nd and 3rd?

I haven't heard yet if they'll play it out or flip a coin. As soon as I do, I'll post.

Phil C
04-27-2005, 09:11 AM
In District 31AAA baseball I don't remember the scores but it was Zapata over West Oso and Falfurrias over San Diego.

Tiger Turtle
04-27-2005, 09:27 AM
According to the radio, Osterman pitched against tech and struck out 21. She is expected to pitch against A&M (on ESPN) tonight as well. Should be a good one as she goes up against Amanda Scarbrough, the Ags' ace, once again.

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
According to the radio, Osterman pitched against tech and struck out 21. She is expected to pitch against A&M (on ESPN) tonight as well. Should be a good one as she goes up against Amanda Scarbrough, the Ags' ace, once again.

Great post...you should copy it on the thread "Texas vs Texas AM Softball" :thumbsup: