PDA

View Full Version : No posters from Borger? Perryton? Lubbock Cooper?

GWOOD
10-25-2003, 01:29 AM
As a Region I enthusiast, I am surprised at seeing no posters from District 1 or 2. These two districts are also one of the last scores to get turned in on the Texas PrepXtra site. I guess weak districts/little interest or is it vice versa?

Ranger Mom
10-25-2003, 01:41 AM
I don't think I have ever seen a poster from any of the places you mentioned at this site!!

VWG
10-25-2003, 10:21 PM
I agree, the Lubbock and Panhandle are not well represented at all. There used to be a person who would throw in a note or two about Perryton but not anymore.
It's too bad, because there is some good football up there with Canyon, Borger, Perryton, Lamesa, etc.....

Da Mules
10-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah when you post about a Panhandle school and the topic goes dead, you just don't press the issue too much. :rolleyes:

The wheels fell off in highly-regarded Canyon when they lost both their starting QB's in the 1st two weeks. Their only win this year was a 4OT game over lowly Tulia. Their loss to Dalhart this week....drum roll..is the official writing on the wall.

I was quite surprised when Perryton handed Borger their head 30-6 this week... another 4A drop-down doesn't live up to the hype. Perryton graduated a lot from last year, so I don't look for too deep a playoff run for the Rangers.

I was NOT surprised when Littlefield edged Lubbock Cooper 14-10. Littlefield has made huge improvements over last year, and the playoff team that takes them too lightly will be smarting for it! Their backs are really fast for Region 1. Lubbock Cooper has a long, long history of fading in the stretch. I will however be (pleasasntly) surprised if my Mules can beat Cooper this Friday... it depends on which Jeckyl & Hyde Muleshoe team shows up...could be a Thrilla-dilla if da real Mules make the game, but it will be a Cooper blowout if the team that got stomped by Shallowater shows their ugly timid faces.

All I really like to talk about is the JV Mules. These boys have lost a total of three games since they were 7th grades. They are incredibly fast. What will determine their future for the next two years will be: lack of sufficient size in the OL, QB development (altho da Mules have started a freshman QB twice this year, may not be as much of a problem as it seemed earlier,) and IF this bunch of kids can keep their team and egos together. If these things click, Muleshoe will be a Region 1 power remniscent of da 2000 Mules (remember them, Ranger Mom? :D ) next year and a state contender afterwards.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

bleedgreen
10-26-2003, 04:56 PM
My picks for District 1-3A:

Borger will win against Tulia & Amarillo RR and
go D1 in the playoffs with a 4-1 record.

Perryton will beat Dalhart and Canyon, go undefeated in district and be the D2 winner.

Dalhart will lose to Perryton and beat Tulia and wind up with 3-2 record. They will be D2 runnerup.

Amarillo RR would have to beat Canyon and Borger to go 3-2 but Dalhart has already beat them so I think they won't make post season.

I don't know anything about Canyon but I think they may be having a disappointing year.

Sorry Tulia, keep plugging away.

Judging from the scores, I guess the Panhandle places a lot of emphasis on defense.
I don't know anything about these teams. I'm only looking at scedules and scores. When the playoffs start, I'll see how well I predicted.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: bleedgreen ]</small>

wildstangs
10-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Perryton had a few posters last year. Maybe they will be back around playoff time. Who won that district last year, Perryton or Canyon? I know Sweetwater beat Perryton and Greenwood knocked out Canyon. Doesn't look like Canyon will be in the playoffs this year though.

VWG
10-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Da Mules:
Yeah when you post about a Panhandle school and the topic goes dead, you just don't press the issue too much. :rolleyes:

The wheels fell off in highly-regarded Canyon when they lost both their starting QB's in the 1st two weeks. Their only win this year was a 4OT game over lowly Tulia. Their loss to Dalhart this week....drum roll..is the official writing on the wall.

I was quite surprised when Perryton handed Borger their head 30-6 this week... another 4A drop-down doesn't live up to the hype. Perryton graduated a lot from last year, so I don't look for too deep a playoff run for the Rangers.

I was NOT surprised when Littlefield edged Lubbock Cooper 14-10. Littlefield has made huge improvements over last year, and the playoff team that takes them too lightly will be smarting for it! Their backs are really fast for Region 1. Lubbock Cooper has a long, long history of fading in the stretch. I will however be (pleasasntly) surprised if my Mules can beat Cooper this Friday... it depends on which Jeckyl & Hyde Muleshoe team shows up...could be a Thrilla-dilla if da real Mules make the game, but it will be a Cooper blowout if the team that got stomped by Shallowater shows their ugly timid faces.

All I really like to talk about is the JV Mules. These boys have lost a total of three games since they were 7th grades. They are incredibly fast. What will determine their future for the next two years will be: lack of sufficient size in the OL, QB development (altho da Mules have started a freshman QB twice this year, may not be as much of a problem as it seemed earlier,) and IF this bunch of kids can keep their team and egos together. If these things click, Muleshoe will be a Region 1 power remniscent of da 2000 Mules (remember them, Ranger Mom? :D ) next year and a state contender afterwards.NICE UPDATE! KEEP IT COMING.

Da Mules
10-26-2003, 07:38 PM
Last year, Perryton beat Borger & Canyon, and was the 1st seed in D2. Borger went D1. Shapes up to be Perryton 1st seed again in D2, Borger D1, and it is still mathematically possible for River Road to get in over Dalhart, but not at all likely.

In district 2, Littlefield all but has the district title wrapped up. IF, and I do mean if, Muleshoe can beat Lubbock Cooper this Friday, we would have a grand furball for 2nd place. Point differentials, moon phases, and tea leaves would be used to determine the outcome and seeding between Cooper, Brownfield, and Muleshoe, in the event of a tie.