PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Posters

mustang04
04-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Rangermom was right on her last post in pirate44's thread w/ that pic of GW and the Saudi prince, some ppl just HAVE to ruin it, pirate44 even said not to turn it into a political post, and what do some do.....thats why we cant ever even post some stuff like that because of those ppl, grow up! how hard is it really to keep your political opinions to yourselves, as far as i know none of yall are president of the U.S. or could even take the place of president, so you're nowhere near credible enough to bash whichever politician, action, etc. when told not to......off the soap box now

pirate44, i enjoyed the thread and the intentions of it, sry some have to ruin it

HighSchool Fan
04-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
as far as i know none of yall are president of the U.S. or could even come close to becoming president, so you're nowhere near credible enough to bash whichever politician, action, etc. when told not to......off the soap box now

you don't know if someone on here might be president one day. you don't know if someone on here is credible enough to have something to say about politicians or their actions. i know someone on here has said that he would like to run for office someday. it's seems kinda of funny that you are saying that no one on the DL is good enough are credible enough to become President. what exactly are you calling everyone here??

jason
04-26-2005, 12:21 PM
i could be president...i'd be just like Bill Clinton LOL :clap: :D :eek: :thumbsup:

Bandera YaYa
04-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by jason
i could be president...i'd be just like Bill Clinton LOL :clap: :D :eek: :thumbsup: Now that's a big EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :mad: :D

OnceABuc
04-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't think anyone is giving GW credit for his knowledge of Arab culture. It is a sign of friendship for friends to hold hands in the Middle East and, in case anyone didn't notice, the Crown Prince is a pretty old guy and could use the help walking around those cow patties at Crawford. Lightin up!

pirate4state
04-26-2005, 01:02 PM
:doh: :hand:

Ranger Mom
04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Once again...let's not turn this into a political post!

http://www.abcwebworx.com/smilies/favorites/favorites60.gif

Ranger Mom
04-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Could this smilie be taken as "political"??:D

http://www.abcwebworx.com/smilies/favorites/favorites37.gif

pirate4state
04-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

LMAO!!! :clap:

HighSchool Fan
04-26-2005, 01:10 PM

that's just to funny :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Don't go mixing politics with the sports world of our land.

Gobbla2001
04-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I for one am not someone who could become president of the United States...

HOWEVER, I have 13 years left before I reach that age, so I may try to better my knowledge etc...

And if it happens... Watch out, FOOLS!

mustang04
04-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you don't know if someone on here might be president one day. you don't know if someone on here is credible enough to have something to say about politicians or their actions. i know someone on here has said that he would like to run for office someday. it's seems kinda of funny that you are saying that no one on the DL is good enough are credible enough to become President. what exactly are you calling everyone here??

ok...well until they BECOME president and know everything that the president knows about froeign relations, and problems here in our own country, but i mean if one of yall are in the house of senate or something then let me know, BUT when someone is credible i mean saying they know about politics because they are a politician, not just an everyday person who watches CNN and thinks they know the solution to every problem

HighSchool Fan
04-26-2005, 05:50 PM
most politicians don't know alot about the politics of America. the most qualified people will never run for office becuase of the media trying to dig in everyone's closet.

AggieJohn
04-26-2005, 05:51 PM

let's call that the "nixon"

rockdale80
04-26-2005, 06:50 PM
ok...well until they BECOME president and know everything that the president knows about froeign relations, and problems here in our own country, but i mean if one of yall are in the house of senate or something then let me know, BUT when someone is credible i mean saying they know about politics because they are a politician, not just an everyday person who watches CNN and thinks they know the solution to every problem

you dont have to be elected to congress, the senate, or the presidency to know about politics.

JasperDog94
04-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
you dont have to be elected to congress, the senate, or the presidency to know about politics. Very true. I wish more of us got involved. Too many people are so apathetic and just don't want to get involved.:(

mustang04
04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
you dont have to be elected to congress, the senate, or the presidency to know about politics.

theres a difference between knowing about politics and KNOWING politics

Holmes_Fans
04-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Funny how you critisize people for talking politics in a thread and call them stupid. Yet you are rambling on about itnow.

mustang04
04-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Funny how you critisize people for talking politics in a thread and call them stupid. Yet you are rambling on about itnow.

haha, i originally criticized about ppl who turn threads into political arguements, all i stated was they need to keep quiet cuz as far as alot are concerned they aren't qualified to criticize our political leaders, you were just wanting to jump in this werent you

espn1
04-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Now that's a big EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :mad: :D http://www.vino.com/images/shopping/cigars/cigar.jpg

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
This is for your Pirate44, a non-poltical post

http://hobbes.resnet.tamu.edu/forums/uploads/post-8-1045011967.jpg

mustang04
04-27-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
This is for your Pirate44, a non-poltical post

http://hobbes.resnet.tamu.edu/forums/uploads/post-8-1045011967.jpg

hahahaha:clap: :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
04-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Hey mustang, while we're criticizing... your signature is TOO BIG!

HighSchool Fan
04-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

way to big

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 07:37 AM
i like it mustang, i like it

spiveyrat
04-27-2005, 07:42 AM
HUSH, Mikey!

HighSchool Fan
04-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i like it mustang, i like it

i think we all know why you like it

mustang04
04-27-2005, 09:28 AM

and........?

spiveyrat
04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
and........?

From the rules of the board:

Note: We're asking voluntary cooperation with a limitation on the size of signature lines. Please make them no more than 100 pixels high by 300 pixels wide.

mustang04
04-27-2005, 09:41 AM

Note: We're asking voluntary cooperation with a limitation on the size of signature lines. Please make them no more than 100 pixels high by 300 pixels wide.

and im pretty sure that the moderators are less concerned w/ my sig, than threads that are ruined because of people can't be quiet about bashing political leaders THATS FORBIDDEN

the sig rule is a guideline and no moderator has said anything to me yet, have they shut down threads due to the size of someone's sig? didnt think so but if the moderator asks me to change the size, i'll gladly do it, but until then it hasn't been that big of a deal for as long as i have had it

Bandera YaYa
04-27-2005, 09:42 AM

Note: We're asking voluntary cooperation with a limitation on the size of signature lines. Please make them no more than 100 pixels high by 300 pixels wide. I would reduce my sig if I could, but as you can see.....jason's BIG FAT head is in it!!! :evillaugh :wave: :kiss:

mustang04
04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
I would reduce my sig if I could, but as you can see.....jason's BIG FAT head is in it!!! :evillaugh :wave: :kiss:

well thats an easy problem, exchange the Jason's head w/ his.....ummmm nvm:rolleyes: :D :D the sig size should become drastically smaller:D

Bandera YaYa
04-27-2005, 09:46 AM
well thats an easy problem, exchange the Jason's head w/ his.....ummmm nvm:rolleyes: :D :D the sig size should become drastically smaller:D WHOA!!! :eek: :eek: :thumbsup: :kiss:

mustang04
04-27-2005, 09:47 AM
WHOA!!! :eek: :eek: :thumbsup: :kiss:

a kiss for me?!!!!! ur too kind:inlove:

jason
04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
is this one a little smaller ??

http://img226.echo.cx/img226/6863/yaya2df.gif

:D :D

HighSchool Fan
04-27-2005, 09:59 AM
and im pretty sure that the moderators are less concerned w/ my sig, than threads that are ruined because of people can't be quiet about bashing political leaders THATS FORBIDDEN

the sig rule is a guideline and no moderator has said anything to me yet, have they shut down threads due to the size of someone's sig? didnt think so but if the moderator asks me to change the size, i'll gladly do it, but until then it hasn't been that big of a deal for as long as i have had it

so they ask everyone's cooperation and that's not good enough for you??

Bandera YaYa
04-27-2005, 10:03 AM
a kiss for me?!!!!! ur too kind:inlove: [COLOR=deeppink Ha !I see you are feeling much better!!!!![/COLOR] :clap: :clap: :D

Bandera YaYa
04-27-2005, 10:05 AM
is this one a little smaller ??

http://img226.echo.cx/img226/6863/yaya2df.gif

:D :D AWWWWWWWWW....I want it back!!!!!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :wave: :wave: :cheerl:

TheDOCTORdre
04-27-2005, 10:11 AM
and as long as people are jumping into this post, I just want to point out that Reggie got the idea for his signature from me, if you remember I had a collage of pictures of me for my sig.

Black_Magic
04-27-2005, 10:17 AM
i could be president...i'd be just like Bill Clinton LOL :clap: :D :eek: :thumbsup: Me Too! I know i had better grades at the University I attended than bush did when he went to school. Heck I had a B average compaired to his C. I should be in the oval office!.:smoker:

spiveyrat
04-27-2005, 10:22 AM

Just what do rules/laws ask for? VOLUNTARY cooperation. Think about it... a hard and fast rule is asking for the same compliance as the moderators asking for your voluntary cooperation. Implying that you must not be doing anything wrong because no moderator has said anything to you is like implying that CHS_CG is a "little pregnant". :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
04-27-2005, 10:27 AM
As the season nears and we have more people on here posting at the same time, we may enforce the signature dimensions.

As it is, no one had complained about not being able to open something, or taking too long because of a signature.

We may be able to put something in like we have with the avatars where if it's too big the system simply won't accept it.

If not and people don't reduce the size when asked to, we will simply turn the signature feature off and no one will be able to have one.

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2005, 10:33 AM
we will simply turn the signature feature off and no one will be able to have one.

A devastating blow for Pirate44 and Holmes Fan....:D

Just kidding ... I am sure everyone will comply when the time comes...until then let's just enjoy the privilege.;)

pirate44
04-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
A devastating blow for Pirate44 and Holmes Fan....:D

Just kidding ... I am sure everyone will comply when the time comes...until then let's just enjoy the privilege.;)
i'll just have to open up a cosmetic sig re-sizing shop:p

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i'll just have to open up a cosmetic sig re-sizing shop:p

Maybe you should be making them all too large so you could charge for the re-sizing.:thinking:

pirate44
04-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Maybe you should be making them all too large so you could charge for the re-sizing.:thinking:
im way ahead of ya. not one sig ive made is under the 300 pix width recommendation;)

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2005, 11:04 AM
im way ahead of ya. not one sig ive made is under the 300 pix width recommendation;)

ahhh hhhmmm...thanks for telling us now.:D

pirate44
04-27-2005, 11:07 AM
ahhh hhhmmm...thanks for telling us now.:D
i can fix that for ya, ya know.

$$$:D

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2005, 11:12 AM
i can fix that for ya, ya know.

$$$:D

Smart a$$!:D :D :D

Holmes_Fans
04-27-2005, 04:03 PM

Most everyones sig is over 100x300, mustang sigs is smaller than those animated one when it comes to file size.

and I think the rule should be if you can't make you own sig, then you can't have one.

LH Panther Mom
04-27-2005, 04:07 PM
and I think the rule should be if you can't make you own sig, then you can't have one.

:hand: :hand: Nah.....

pirate4state
04-27-2005, 04:07 PM

and I think the rule should be if you can't make you own sig, then you can't have one. well it is not up to you is it? :p

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM

figures...

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 05:23 PM
i would be out then

Hupernikomen
04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
huh

44INAROW
04-27-2005, 05:41 PM

I don't know how to make a signature, but I am a donating member. Does that count? :D :D :D

lepfan
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Now I know this has nothing to do with signature size and all...but it does go under the STUPID POSTERS category:

Why do "some" posters (they know who they are) have to type in that stupid Whoop! with their posts? I don't want to hear about tratdition....it really looks stupid? I have my own version of it that I will post that looks just as stupid...but it shows what I think of it.

DISCLAIMER: This post was not made to offend anyone. It was made to display my opinion only. If it did offend you then you should build a bridge and GET OVER IT!!! :D

mustang04
04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Most everyones sig is over 100x300, mustang sigs is smaller than those animated one when it comes to file size.

thank you

LH Panther Mom
04-28-2005, 07:39 AM

Originally posted by 3afan2K3
You can make them yourself using paint/photoshop. Or I or someone else could make you one.

Hmmm....something doesn't add up. :thinking: :thinking:

jason
04-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hmmm....something doesn't add up. :thinking: :thinking: geez, cant you read...thats 2 separate people....

:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
04-28-2005, 07:42 AM
geez, cant you read...thats 2 separate people....

:kiss:

:p Well, the title of the thread did say "stupid posters". ;)

jason
04-28-2005, 07:42 AM
:p Well, the title of the thread did say "stupid posters". ;) rofl :doh:

44INAROW
04-28-2005, 07:56 AM
:p Well, the title of the thread did say "stupid posters". ;)

you are quick LHPM :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Personally, I think that you should get off of everyone's @$$, because you're not exactly a rule obiding person of this board as seen with your signature. I know that this board isn't exactly open to the freedom of speech rule because there are certain things that should not be said on this board, but sometimes a political discussion may not be so bad, it's just people like you that blow things out of proportion. I'm not condoning people talking about politics, because I do it myself, but I never take things overboard. Before you go and try to make yourself sound all high-and-mighty, you might want to look into the mirror and stop being so much of a hypocrit yourself. There are many people on here who have knowledge about politics and probably that surpass your own. I may not agree with everyone all the time, but we all have our own beliefs. You should also look at what you're saying. If we were to leave the political thinking to a certain few politicians, such as the President and Congress, then we might as well be under a dictatorship because they will have all of the say and we will not be allowed to object, as per your reasoning. It is every individual's right to be able to have and speak about their own beliefs. They might not always know everything, but they hold that right to their belief. I don't know everything about the Bible, but I'm a Christian. Are you saying that since I'm not a Minister then I should not be allowed to speak about my Christian beliefs, and we're not just talking on the message board, but ever. That's just my opinion on the whole subject.

Holmes_Fans
04-28-2005, 04:01 PM
geez, cant you read...thats 2 separate people....

super1
04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I would say that a post with a pic of the President is ALREADY a political post, right?

pirate44
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by super1
I would say that a post with a pic of the President is ALREADY a political post, right?
wrong

super1
04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
wrong

Sure it is.

lepfan
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Sure it is.

If the one who posted it says it is not a political post then that is the final word. He did give his disclaimer.

pirate44
04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Sure it is.
why'd you ask then?

pirate44
04-28-2005, 04:39 PM
are all the presidents photo albums political?

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 04:50 PM
are all the presidents photo albums political?

This is a historical perspective, not political. There was a time in this country when Americans looked with pride and respect on any picture of our President, regardless of political party. I wish we could return to that respect without adding political overtones. The President of the United States is still the leader of the greatest nation in the course of recorded history.

pirate44
04-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This is a historical perspective, not political. There was a time in this country when Americans looked with pride and respect on any picture of our President, regardless of political party. I wish we could return to that respect without adding political overtones. The President of the United States is still the leader of the greatest nation in the course of recorded history.
maybe so, but funny is still funny. i did not intend to make that thread political. why would i do that? it was funny. if Bill gates was holding the guys hand, i would have posted that. if shaq o'neil was holding the guys hand, guess what. some of the posters on here are wound tighter than joan river's face. and there are a few young members on here that turn every statement into something political. there arent any presidential elections in a few years, so lets all just kick back and have a laugh at ourselves and everything else thats funny.

Bullaholic
04-28-2005, 05:05 PM
maybe so, but funny is still funny. i did not intend to make that thread political. why would i do that? it was funny. if Bill gates was holding the guys hand, i would have posted that. if shaq o'neil was holding the guys hand, guess what. some of the posters on here are wound tighter than joan river's face. and there are a few young members on here that turn every statement into something political. there arent any presidential elections in a few years, so lets all just kick back and have a laugh at ourselves and everything else thats funny.

No explanation needed by most folks, 44'. I think they took it as it was intended---as a funny moment. Even Leno was making the same sort of jokes on the Tonight Show. I think that even our President would laugh a little if he was shown the "holding hands"video clip. The main point is that all Americans poke fun of politicians from the President on down, but join hands solidly as one nation and one people when a serious matter presents itself.

mustang04
04-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Personally, I think that you should get off of everyone's @$$, because you're not exactly a rule obiding person of this board as seen with your signature. I know that this board isn't exactly open to the freedom of speech rule because there are certain things that should not be said on this board, but sometimes a political discussion may not be so bad, it's just people like you that blow things out of proportion. I'm not condoning people talking about politics, because I do it myself, but I never take things overboard. Before you go and try to make yourself sound all high-and-mighty, you might want to look into the mirror and stop being so much of a hypocrit yourself. There are many people on here who have knowledge about politics and probably that surpass your own. I may not agree with everyone all the time, but we all have our own beliefs. You should also look at what you're saying. If we were to leave the political thinking to a certain few politicians, such as the President and Congress, then we might as well be under a dictatorship because they will have all of the say and we will not be allowed to object, as per your reasoning. It is every individual's right to be able to have and speak about their own beliefs. They might not always know everything, but they hold that right to their belief. I don't know everything about the Bible, but I'm a Christian. Are you saying that since I'm not a Minister then I should not be allowed to speak about my Christian beliefs, and we're not just talking on the message board, but ever. That's just my opinion on the whole subject.

you show me ONE post i ever had that had a political statement, i can promise you that 95% of the ppl on this board know more about politics than i do, but who knows more politics than who wasnt the point, the point was about ppl ruining threads by sputtering out bashings towards our political leaders, never did i say they couldnt have political beliefs, but im talking about them speaking them on this board, are u that simple minded??? really
there is a difference between expressing your beliefs and then expressing them at the wrong place, so according to u, its OK for anybody to express their beliefs about anything at ANYTIME isnt it, i hate taking exams in college, but im not going to stand up in the middle of class and start protesting just cuz i dont like the way the professor makes the test and then claim "oh i have a right to my beliefs and a right to speech bla bla bla"

and u got it right im high and mighty, besides mirrors are overrated:D ;)

mustang04
04-28-2005, 05:41 PM
oh and another question big blue, ur right, why do we even have leaders period, i mean, everybody w/ a sense of politics could run this country couldnt they? really easy job lemme tell ya

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-28-2005, 07:48 PM
how hard is it really to keep your political opinions to yourselves, as far as i know none of yall are president of the U.S. or could even take the place of president, so you're nowhere near credible enough to bash whichever politician, action, etc. when told not to......off the soap box now

I think that your first sentence and the italicized parts can show that you believe that nobody who does not know everything about politics does not deserve to talk about politics, not just on the board, but anywhere. Also, you're saying that I'm demanding freedom of speech at all times and places. Well, I do, but there is a difference in me getting on an airplane and yelling the word "bomb" and me discussing my political beliefs; the same for you in your classroom. That is an abuse of the right of freedom of speech. You are comparing apples and oranges, plain and simple. I never said that it was an easy job to run the country, and I never said anything about the person or people who run the country, so I fail to see how you can twist my words to come to that conclusion. The whole reason for my post was to make the point clear that you are not a moderator of this board, you are not the voice of reason for this board, and you have no room to point the finger at anybody. The moderators are mature enough on their own to take care of problems or potential problems on the board, and they can do it without saying that everyone on this board does not deserve to talk about politics because they lack the knowledge to do so, which I personally do not think is the case.

mustang04
04-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I think that your first sentence and the italicized parts can show that you believe that nobody who does not know everything about politics does not deserve to talk about politics, not just on the board, but anywhere. Also, you're saying that I'm demanding freedom of speech at all times and places. Well, I do, but there is a difference in me getting on an airplane and yelling the word "bomb" and me discussing my political beliefs; the same for you in your classroom. That is an abuse of the right of freedom of speech. You are comparing apples and oranges, plain and simple. I never said that it was an easy job to run the country, and I never said anything about the person or people who run the country, so I fail to see how you can twist my words to come to that conclusion. The whole reason for my post was to make the point clear that you are not a moderator of this board, you are not the voice of reason for this board, and you have no room to point the finger at anybody. The moderators are mature enough on their own to take care of problems or potential problems on the board, and they can do it without saying that everyone on this board does not deserve to talk about politics because they lack the knowledge to do so, which I personally do not think is the case.

i find it funny u forgot to put the part where i said "...when told not to..." in italics, cuz that is the WHOLE point of this

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-28-2005, 08:01 PM
So you're saying that if I were the Governor of Texas I could come in here and talk about all the politics I want. I really do not believe that that was your point. I thought that it was more of you trying to say that nobody on here is credible enough to speak about their political beliefs because we lack the knowledge to do so. It is also funny how you not only try to twist my words, but your own to fit what you want it to later with a meaning different from what was initially implied. It is also funny how you fail to back up some of your comments whenever they are questioned....

mustang04
04-28-2005, 08:11 PM
So you're saying that if I were the Governor of Texas I could come in here and talk about all the politics I want. I really do not believe that that was your point. I thought that it was more of you trying to say that nobody on here is credible enough to speak about their political beliefs because we lack the knowledge to do so. It is also funny how you not only try to twist my words, but your own to fit what you want it to later with a meaning different from what was initially implied. It is also funny how you fail to back up some of your comments whenever they are questioned....

yeah, im saying that no one on here is as knowledgable as any of our political leaders (in politics) and therefore has no right to bash them especially when told not to....is that clear enough for you? or should i put dashes between each letter and spell it out for u?