PDA

View Full Version : Jason White not Drafted??

Phil C
04-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Someone is going to get a steal in the free agent market. Dallas get on the phone.

jason
04-26-2005, 09:04 AM
no they're not...
...he cant throw
...he has 2 bad knees
...hes slow

:doh: :doh: :doh:

he would be a bigger bust than maurice clarett is going to be...

GOFOR2
04-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Someone is going to get a steal in the free agent market. Dallas get on the phone.

White is going nowhere. Who wants a 39 year old rookie with two bum knees.

Phil C
04-26-2005, 09:43 AM
We have to remember that he twice almost lead Oklahoma to the National Championship and was also a Heisman Trophy Winner.

jason
04-26-2005, 09:45 AM
We have to remember that he twice almost lead Oklahoma to the National Championship and was also a Heisman Trophy Winner.

Originally posted by jason
...he cant throw
...he has 2 bad knees
...hes slow

ALMOST doesnt mean anything either....

i ALMOST made a hole in one once....wow........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
ALMOST doesnt mean anything either....

i ALMOST made a hole in one once....wow........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Say that's not bad Jason! A lot of good golfers don't even come that close. That is splendid golf.

Bandera YaYa
04-26-2005, 11:15 AM
We have to remember that he twice almost lead Oklahoma to the National Championship and was also a Heisman Trophy Winner. I think "almost" only counts in tiddly winks !!!!

Bellville22
04-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Andre Ware, Danny Weurfull, Chris Weinke

All great college QBs who did nothing in the League.

White will join the list. Will likely get signed as a career backup, but will never make an impact with that arm and those knees.

venomous tat2
04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Winning the Heisman doesn't carry much weight any more , most of the winners are left undrafted. It's bad luck to win it. Add charlie Ward to that list. :D

Phil C
04-26-2005, 03:48 PM
We have to remember that a lot of Heisman Trophy winners went on to have great success in pro football. I will mention just a few of those in the past that had outstanding pro careers.

Doak Walker of SMU, 1948, went on to have a great career at the Detroit Lions and his teams won two NFL championships.

Alan Ameche, Wisconsin, 1954, went on to have a great career with the Baltimore Colts. He scored the winning td in the first overtime championship game in 1958 to win the game for the Colts over the Giants.

Howard Cassady of Ohio State, 1955, went on to have a great career with Detroit.

Paul Hornung of Notre Dame, 1956, went on to be a big star for Vince Lombardi at Green Bay.

Bill Cannon of LSU, 1959, went on to be a star running back for the AFL's Houston Oilers.

Roger Stauback of Navy, 1963, went on to star for the Dallas Cowboys and won 2 Super Bowls.

Jim Plunkett of Stanford, 1970 who led the Raiders to a Super Bowl win.

Tony Dorsett of Pittsburgh, 1976, had a great career with Dallas and was on two Super Bowl winners.

Earl Campbell of Texas, 1977, had a great career with the Houston Oilers and later New Orleans Saints.

Doug Flutie of Boston College, 1984, had a distinguished pro career.

Bo Howard of Michigan, 1991, helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl and was MVP.

There are others but like I said these are just a few of them that had good pro careers.

AggieJohn
04-26-2005, 03:50 PM
and that was in the old days, now you have to be in peak physical condition

Phil C
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
and don't forget Barry Sanders of Oklahoma State, 1988, who set records as a running back and had he not retired early may have set unbeatable records for a while. At one time he was considered the best running back ever.

lepfan
04-26-2005, 03:54 PM
You don't have to go pro to be successful. (even though that is what you want)

Sometimes God works in unanswered prayers. Things happen for a reason.

Just my opinion.

:D

AggieJohn
04-26-2005, 03:54 PM
and then he retired 5 years too early....

AggieJohn
04-26-2005, 03:55 PM
i mean i love the guy, he could make jukes like no one else, but he basically pulled a ricky williams minus the dreads and the reefer

HighSchool Fan
04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
how many OU qb's have made it in the NFL??

AggieJohn
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
i can't remember too many, hybl and hypul or whatever the two before were named both busted in the NFL, mainly their D-line man and Recievers are what are coveted

Specklebelly
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Andre Ware, Danny Weurfull, Chris Weinke

All great college QBs who did nothing in the League.

White will join the list. Will likely get signed as a career backup, but will never make an impact with that arm and those knees.

You forget Gino Toretta, Charlie Ward, Ty Detmer, and Eric Crouch. Jason White falls into this same group.

Vrabird
04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I remember a QB at Oklahoma a few years ago that did pretty good in the NFL. He even won a few Super Bowls too. He realized he wasn't gonna have much of a chance to impress the scouts at Oklahoma, so he transfered to UCLA. I think his name was Aikman???

AggieJohn
04-26-2005, 05:57 PM
danny aikman, never heard of him

bigpimpin
04-26-2005, 09:17 PM
There were a few undraftees that surprised me. Ernest Shazor, safety from Michigan, was ranked right behind Thomas Davis as the best strong safety in the draft. Brandon Browner, corner from Oregon State, was ranked the 5th best corner and some people had him as a late first rounder(signed with Denver). Michael Munoz, tackle from Tennesee, was a two time All-American and with LB Burnett were the first junior captains like like 100 years and his dad is a hall of famer.

Leopards,class of 75
04-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't remember the Q.B. from U.S.C. that won it this year, but I think he made a big mistake not going into the N.F.L. draft,skipping his senior year. I heard that he had a very large offer to come pro, with millions of upfront dollars. He gave that up to play for U.S.C. next season. What if he gets hurt or just has a very bad season next year. I say take the money while its on the table, you can always finish school later like Bo Jackson did.

Vrabird
04-26-2005, 10:43 PM
the qb's name is Matt Leinart. Spelling??

AggieJohn
04-27-2005, 11:38 AM
John Clayton just said on ESPN that White not only didn't get drafted, his phones have been completely silent from a free agent perspective. His agent called all 32 teams on Monday and only one would even offer a tryout (Indianapolis), but later called back saying they were going in another direction. Ouch...

so not only will we have to not worry about him having a crappy career in the NFL, we won't have to worry about him having a career at all

District303aPastPlayer
04-27-2005, 11:42 AM
charlie ward went on to play basketball... so its not that big of a deal...

But Jason White has had more surgeries in college than most QBs do in a career... he already had the deck stacked against him

lepfan
04-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
I remember a QB at Oklahoma a few years ago that did pretty good in the NFL. He even won a few Super Bowls too. He realized he wasn't gonna have much of a chance to impress the scouts at Oklahoma, so he transfered to UCLA. I think his name was Aikman???

He broke his ankle in an OU game the day my son was born. How do I know this...well while on the delivery table my husband and doctor were discussing it!!!! Where was our focus that day? I know where mine was!

My brother played against his team in high school in a playoff game.

I really think Jason's life is not a waste just because he did not go pro! He will be more productive outside rectangular field.

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Chance Mock not drafted. For heavens sake Dallas! Get on the Phone!!

mwynn05
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Chance Mock couldn't start in college why do you think he can play in the NFL?

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Priest Holmes wasn't a starter either. Is't it worth a chance just to have a look see.

mwynn05
04-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Not starting at running back and not starting at QB are TOTALLY different!

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Come on Dallas get on the phone to Jason and Chance. If not Dallas then Houston as a back up maybe. Isn't it worth a look see in training camp. If they don't make it ok and not much lost. But if one makes it big what a prize!

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 11:27 PM
We have to remember that Jason did an incredible job for Oklahoma and that Chance would have been the starting qb except for the great Vincent Young. Don't they both deserve a Chance.

pun intended :)

just a little humor there. :)

mwynn05
04-27-2005, 11:28 PM
He has had knee surgery on BOTH knees, way too much of a liability, he isnt NFL material

mwynn05
04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Hold on so your telling me that Chance Mock would have started if there wasn't someone better?? WOW that's shocking

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 11:30 PM
We have to remember a quarterback from Alabama who had two bad knees one of them real bad and the Jets took a chance on him and he lead them to a Super Bowl win and was considered a great quarterback. His name was Joe Namath.

mwynn05
04-27-2005, 11:31 PM
What year was that and what year is this? They are called eras, this is a different one.

PhiI C
04-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Hold on so your telling me that Chance Mock would have started if there wasn't someone better?? WOW that's shocking

It is also shocking when someone grabs a piece of lightening.

Pun Intended. :)

a little humor there :)

sahen
04-28-2005, 12:08 AM
NFL prolly won't televise a teams game if they take White....there is a strong possibility that his legs will actually be severed from teh knee down when he gets hit by a blitzing linebacker, the FCC would prolly sue the NFL then for blood and gore.....

AggieJohn
04-28-2005, 12:21 AM
won't be that bad shane

sahen
04-28-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
won't be that bad shane
sarcasm my aggie friend ;)....its your friend too

AggieJohn
04-28-2005, 02:39 AM
and you should pick up on mine...

LH Panther Mom
04-28-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by sahen
NFL prolly won't televise a teams game if they take White....there is a strong possibility that his legs will actually be severed from teh knee down when he gets hit by a blitzing linebacker, the FCC would prolly sue the NFL then for blood and gore.....

Ewwwww! And ouch! :p

koose
04-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Jason White signed with the Chiefs today.

lepfan
04-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by koose
Jason White signed with the Chiefs today.

He was invited to a 3 day rookie camp. He has signed no contract. He will be there along with others who were passed over in the draft to show what he has. If he has something to offer, well be it....if not he will pursue other avenues. Best of luck either way the ball bounces.

AggieJohn
04-28-2005, 05:03 PM
i'll go twenty to one odds tha he doesn't get picked up

TMer25
04-28-2005, 05:03 PM
I think Bo Howard from Michigan should probably be named Desmond Howard.

PhiI C
04-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Man the Chiefs got a steal at QB. Come on Dallas or Houston! Get on the phone and call Chance!

c-town_balla
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Jason White Signed (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2048982)

lepfan
04-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Jason White Signed (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2048982)

Jason White signed???? That can be misleading...he has not signed anything...just going to rookie mini camp. (at his own expense)

jason
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
i'll go twenty to one odds tha he doesn't get picked up so what, the winner gets nothing from you? cause remember, you dont pay your bets off.......

PappaBear
04-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Dallas has invited Dustin Long to their mini camp.

lepfan
04-28-2005, 10:35 PM

"He's been successful, but there have been a lot of college quarterbacks who have been successful and won Heisman Trophies and everything else who didn't play in the NFL," Vermeil said at the time. "He's no less a person. He's still an outstanding young man."

But Peterson made it clear that he admired White.

"I'm not sure he can't play in the National Football League,'" said the Chiefs' GM, who said he met White presenting him an award. "He's an extraordinary young man. You can't count him out. He's as tough-minded as anybody and he's had some great stats."

AggieJohn
04-30-2005, 01:30 AM

so what, the winner gets nothing from you? cause remember, you dont pay your bets off.......
did i say that i was making a bet, and as i remember the score count is 0-1 you in backing out of a bet....

Phil C
04-30-2005, 10:40 AM
We have to remember that there have been some heisman trophy winners who have made good though. For example Doug Flutie has played wel and is still playing. And don't forget Jim Plunkett who led the Raiders to a super bowl win. Of couse we mustn't forget Roger Stauback who had a great career for the Cowboys and played in five super bowls while he was there winning two of them.

Phil C
04-30-2005, 10:41 AM
We have to remember that there have been some heisman trophy winners who have made good though. For example Doug Flutie has played wel and is still playing. And don't forget Jim Plunkett who led the Raiders to a super bowl win. Of couse we mustn't forget Roger Stauback who had a great career for the Cowboys and played in five super bowls while he was there winning two of them.

So any heisman trophy winner is at least worth a look see even if only as a free agent. If he makes it as a free agent you got a steal and if not then it was worth a try and you basically just lost a little time. It is worth the gamble.

Phil C
04-30-2005, 11:06 AM
The Texans may have done something right for a change after goofing up and not getting Derrick Johnson when they had the chance. They got Chance Mock to try out and this could be a steal especially at back up qb. We will see.