PDA

View Full Version : Pirate44 and SPF25

AP Panther Fan
04-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Sooooo.....what did you think? I saw the score and highlights on the news this morning. :D

pirate44
04-26-2005, 08:29 AM
you were so right AP. it was great. just walking up the stairs into the field was so cool. even with all the hoopla, i dont think the town has a grasp of what kind of jewel they have. the game was just the best. Dax Norris hit 2 home runs back to back. before his second i leaned over to my brother and said "he's gonna hit another". and the very next pitch, it was gone. Hooks had 4 HRs for the night and tons of base hits.
a couple interesting things happened. the ump called a hooks base runner out on a steel to second. it was definately a close call with the tag being at his helmet on a slide. Coach Dave Clark hurried out there and gave the ump an earful. it was a great sight to see. the crowd booed the ump which i thoght gave the game a great hometown feel.
then about the middle of the game, during warm up between innings, the field sprinklers came on. it was so funny. the guys operating the megatron scoreboard promptly had the video clip of Bull Durham where Kevin Costner turns on the sprinklers. those guys in the press box are pretty sharp guys.
The dollar dogs and drinks were pretty good. we also had a funnel cake, corn dog and soft pretzel. man that stuff gets pricey. we picked up a t-shirt for Jr. at the gift shop.
parking was fine and the experience was unforgettable. i want to go to many more.

Phil C
04-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Great 44! I am glad you had a great time. By the way - who won? :)

pirate44
04-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Great 44! I am glad you had a great time. By the way - who won? :)
Corpus Christi blew them away Phil C. their bats finally got going.

Phil C
04-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Yay!!!! You picked a great night to go 44!!

pirate44
04-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Yay!!!! You picked a great night to go 44!!
i know it Phil C. my boss gave me the choice of last night or tonite. (they were his season tix). i picked last night because wife has her class tonite. i thought it might have been a mistake when i heard Dale Nelson talk about it raining during the game. it did sprinkle very lightly for about a couple of minutes, but it wasnt much. not even enough to get anything wet

AP Panther Fan
04-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Corpus Christi blew them away Phil C. their bats finally got going.

They couldn't hit the side of a barn on Sunday, so was glad to see them knocking it out of the park last night. I think the score was 11-5, right?

Pirate44, did you catch any foul balls or get on the fan cam?

pirate44
04-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
They couldn't hit the side of a barn on Sunday, so was glad to see them knocking it out of the park last night. I think the score was 11-5, right?

Pirate44, did you catch any foul balls or get on the fan cam?
right you are AP. boy, i just keep forgetting to post ALL the details. LOL. i guess im still excited from a great game last night

pirate44
04-26-2005, 08:58 AM
i forgot to mention, one of the batters, i forget the name hit a homerun in centerfield that hit the "batter's eye" about halfway up. that this looks to be about 3 or 4 stories high and i thought at first, that it was going over. that was a long and high home run

spiveyrat
04-26-2005, 10:14 AM
When I saw the Title of this thread "Pirate44 and SPF25", my first thought was "...sitting in a tree..." :D

SPF25
04-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Had a great time. The Hooks had a great game. We couldnt have asked for better weather considering the forecast. lol As P44 said the food was expensive but great. Have to hand it to P44s boss he knows how to pick seats. Hook Line and Sinker shop had lots to choose from.(Had to put the shopping in there for the ladies lol)

AP Panther Fan
04-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
Hook Line and Sinker shop had lots to choose from.(Had to put the shopping in there for the ladies lol)

Arrrrgggh....how did I miss that?:D

Glad you guys had fun. It is really a neat place.:)

SPF25
04-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Arrrrgggh....how did I miss that?:D

Glad you guys had fun. It is really a neat place.:)

The shop was in a weird place. Go toward first base and there are stairs go down the stair and its on your left. We asked that is how we found it. lol They have all kinds of Hooks stuff from t shirts to magnets and key chains.

pirate44
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM
The shop was in a weird place. Go toward first base and there are stairs go down the stair and its on your left. We asked that is how we found it. lol They have all kinds of Hooks stuff from t shirts to magnets and key chains.
dont forget the $3 official Hooks Sharpie markers:rolleyes:

AP Panther Fan
04-26-2005, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the directions, I will look for it next time. There was almost too much stuff to try and take it all in....did find the Dippin Dot stand though! :D