PDA

View Full Version : Judge tells Woman: Jail or Packers Tickets

jason
04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
From Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050425/ap_on_fe_st/packers_or_jail)

OSHKOSH, Wis. - It's a choice that could give pause to some Green Bay Packers fans. A judge ordered a woman convicted of theft to decide whether to spend 90 days in jail or donate her family's Packers tickets next season to charity.

Sharon E. Rosenthal, 59, took more than $3,000 from labor union accounts before she left the organization, according to a criminal complaint. She was sentenced Friday in Winnebago County Circuit Court on one felony count of theft.

Judge Scott Woldt offered her the decision to either serve the jail time or donate her family's four seats in the Packers' three-game season package to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The jail time or the ticket donation will occur as part of Rosenthal's overall two-year period of probation.

pirate44
04-25-2005, 05:08 PM
i hope the make-a-wish foundation gets the tix. they are a great charity. My neice's wishes were granted from them.

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 05:15 PM
LOL...I guess the rest of her family is more than just a "little upset" with her... looks like they are being punished in the process as well. I would probably have to say sorry honey, we're going to miss you.

Not so sure the punishment fits the crime...kinda crazy!:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2005, 05:19 PM
sorry, but the tickets stay with me, and my hunny goes to jail...

AggieJohn
04-25-2005, 05:26 PM
as long as they aren't pats tickets otherwise that's cruel and unusual punishment

superslyguy06
04-25-2005, 11:26 PM
well were do you think she got the $ for the tickets. . . DUH!!