PDA

View Full Version : 11 Year Old Wins Fishing Tournament/Hummer/Boat

kepdawg
04-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Eleven Year Old Wins In McDonald's Tournament

04/25/05
By Mike Lout
Email this story to a friend

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/974/images/news/big-bass-splash-winner-2005.jpg
Brandon Adams, (left) holds his winning catch which weighed in at 11.57 pounds. (Picture courtesy of Sealy Outdoors)

Even though many had dressed for summertime, the anglers that competed in the McDonald’s Big Bass Splash Tournament over the weekend on nearby Lake Sam Rayburn instead faced cool temperatures and heavy winds out of the northwest.

Fishermen from all over the country wet their hooks in the event, but when it was all said and done, it was Brandon Adams, an 11-year old fisherman from the small town of Florence, about 45 miles north of Austin that went home with the first place trophy, along with a 2005 Hummer and a Triton boat.

The lunker caught by young Brandon weighed in at 11.57 pounds. Adams, who was fishing with his father, pulled in the bass at an area of the lake known as “Farmer’s Flats”, not far from Rayburn park.

Trailing behind Brandon and coming in second was Jerry Propst of Jasper with his 10.53-pound catch, which was also hooked in the same area.

Coming in third was Hal Hawthorne of Diboll with a 10.34 pound catch and fourth was Josh Ware of New Caney

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/974/images/news/big-bass-splash-award-2005.jpg
Brandon took home this 2005 Hummer H2 and Triton Bass Boat after winning the two-day tournament. (Picture courtesy of Sealy Outdoors.)
with his best fish that weighed in at 9.27 pounds.

Before the tournament was over a total of five boats had been swamped and had to be pumped out or pulled in by the volunteer members of the Jasper County Emergency Corps and others.

This material is protected under copyright laws, any rebroadcast or retransmission is strictly prohibited.

lepfan
04-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

This material is protected under copyright laws, any rebroadcast or retransmission is strictly prohibited.

Ya better cite your source......don't want to get in any trouble with the copyright police. :D

kepdawg
04-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Ya better cite your source......don't want to get in any trouble with the copyright police. :D

I know. They can sue me for all I have, which is absolutely nothing!

Just in case they are interested in acquiring nothing...

The above story can be found at:

Please Don't Sue Me (http://www.kjas.com)

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I can just hear Dad...."hey Brandon, why don't you let me take out the Hummer...we need to keep 'er tuned up until your 16th birthday" :rolleyes:

jason
04-25-2005, 04:05 PM
first of all - ROFLMAO @ Hummer....

2nd, florence is about 30 mintues from here, SMALL town, a guy i work with is from there....

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by jason
first of all - ROFLMAO @ Hummer....

2nd, florence is about 30 mintues from here, SMALL town, a guy i work with is from there....

First of all - http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/mad/boese043.gif

2nd, Florence is smaller than LH! :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
congrats to his dad on his new car, lol

jason
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

2nd, Florence is smaller than LH! :D but equally podunk...

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2005, 04:24 PM
but equally podunk...

More so! :tongue: :tongue: :flamingma

jason
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
More so! :tongue: :tongue: :flamingma :inlove:

:D :kiss:

espn1
04-25-2005, 04:35 PM
but equally podunk...
There wont be too many (if any) 3A Schools in Texas, that beat Liberty Hill to 5A.

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by espn1
There wont be too many (if any) 3A Schools in Texas, that beat Liberty Hill to 5A.

:weeping: :weeping: I don't doubt that at all. The only competition I see around here is Hutto.