PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Write the Script for Your Team Next Season...

Bullaholic
04-25-2005, 03:24 PM
In the regular season in 7-3A, I would like to see the Bulls beat Decatur soundly for the district title (That doesn't mean there aren't any other good teams in 7-3A---this is just the scenario I would like to happen.). They are our chief rivals and a good program and the "Battle of Big Sandy"is always a "war".

Since the Eagles are a D1 team, and the Bulls D2--- I would like to play Sweetwater, Breckenridge, Iowa Park, or any other traditionally strong 3A team that has a lot of tradition and brings a crowd all through the playoffs. If we go deep enough, I'd like to see the Bulls face one of the Reg. 4 teams from the south for the sake of variety.

What kind of a playoff scenario would you like to see for your team this season if you could write the script?

HighSchool Fan
04-25-2005, 03:27 PM
i want gainesville to play the team that wins the reg 3 and reg 4 semi-final game :D

injuredinmelee
04-25-2005, 05:14 PM
I want Wylie to score 50 on every team they play andnever give up a point all season. Then Id like for Black Magic to open stand and cry at mid field at Tiger Stadium while singing the Wylie school song. Of course it wont happen but Im writing a script here

AggieJohn
04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
i want liberty to beat the hell outta barber's hill and let huffman talk trash and then quitely explode on them for a half a hundred...

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Sinton to go on a tirade with a new O Line... run over GP... win district for the 6th year in a row... Meet up with Cuero and beat them to get back to the promised land of the final 4 and finally win one.

Bulldog_12
04-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I want Jasper to roll over Kirbyville AT the ville, then go to Silsbee and win in a Double overtime thriller. Then take that momentum and ride it back to the Championship game.

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2005, 06:11 PM
First order of business is defeating Burnet in week 1. Next is winning the district championship. Lastly, I'd write in a Jasper/LH rematch in the semis. Revenge can be sooooo sweet. :devil: :evillaugh :evillaugh

Bulldog_12
04-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
. Revenge can be sooooo sweet. :devil: :evillaugh :evillaugh

WHOA!!! You're really freaking me out lhpm. haha:D

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
WHOA!!! You're really freaking me out lhpm. haha:D

:kiss: :kiss:

VWG
04-25-2005, 08:25 PM
I will look at several....
First off... The Breckenridge Buckaroos- For J. Heatly (QB and will be his third year starting) to find a good group of kids to compliment his excellent play. He's my favorite to win Dist. 5-3A MVP in 2005.

The Pottsboro Cardinals and Whitesboro- just make it interesting in Dist. 6-3A and win a couple of district games to keep everyone on their toes.

The Merkel Badgers- sneak up on somebody in that tough 4-3A district and break in to the playoffs again.

HighSchool Fan
04-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by VWG

The Pottsboro Cardinals and Whitesboro- just make it interesting in Dist. 6-3A and win a couple of district games to keep everyone on their toes.

if that were to happen, you could win an oscar for best screen play :D

Bullaholic
04-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Everybody keep em' coming--these are the kind of HS football comments that I really enjoy---sentiments from the true fans. Hope we get some from the WOS and East Texas folks and many others---maybe even Old Cardinal will tell us what he would like to see out there SE of Houston if he could write the script. Now, if we could add PPHSfan and Keith7 to the mix, we'd really have a fire goin'. Remember, these are not exactly predictions, but rather ultimate scenarios that you as a fan would love to see happen. Kinda like if you could write the greatest ending for the greatest movie of all time from a football fan's perspective using your favorite teams for a cast.

KTJ
04-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Why is it called the Battle of Big Sandy? (B-port vs. Decatur)

Oh...I want Gainesville to play either WOS or Jasper for the State Championship at Texas Stadium.

Astrosdawg07
04-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I want Jasper to roll over Kirbyville AT the ville, then go to Silsbee and win in a Double overtime thriller. Then take that momentum and ride it back to the Championship game.

I DON'T CARE HOW WE DO IT! I JUST WANT A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Bullaholic
04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Why is it called the Battle of Big Sandy? (B-port vs. Decatur)

Oh...I want Gainesville to play either WOS or Jasper for the State Championship at Texas Stadium.

Well, KTJ, it is called "Battle of Big Sandy" because of a little creek by that name that runs North and South about halfway between these two towns separated by about 10mi along Hwy 380. Everything East of Big Sandy is considered "Decatur" territory and everything West, "Bridgeport". Kinda like the line of demarcation between the Hatfields and McCoys of Hillbilly feud fame. BTW, you may be a little closer to reality with your "fantasy" than you think, KTJ.

LHMom
04-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
First order of business is defeating Burnet in week 1. Next is winning the district championship. Lastly, I'd write in a Jasper/LH rematch in the semis. Revenge can be sooooo sweet. :devil: :evillaugh :evillaugh

LHPM - I couldn't have said it better myself. Well - be sure to call out a victory over Wimberley. Well - if we're writing the script, let's just call it 16-0!

GO CATS!

Thunderstruck! The Cats are ALIVE in '05!

Gobbla2001
04-25-2005, 09:36 PM
If I could write the script for Cuero? I'd make sure every one of the players thought of the other one as a brother, played together, learned lessons from the game, learned lessons from one another, and gave 110% x about another 110%....

I'd write it so they left everything on the field, leaving every block, tackle, pass, catch, run etc... out on the field where it belongs...

I'd like for them to go into the locker room after every game, win or lose, knowing there wasn't anything they could have done differently, knowing what they did was all they could...

I'd also hope for them to uphold the tradition... No pouting or throwin' punches etc... Just come out of the dressing room or get off the bus, whup a little A, then go back home having taken care of business...

And if we were to win the championship in the proccess, I wouldn't be mad at all...

;)

LHMom
04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Excellent post, Gobbla.

Bullaholic
04-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If I could write the script for Cuero? I'd make sure every one of the players thought of the other one as a brother, played together, learned lessons from the game, learned lessons from one another, and gave 110% x about another 110%....

I'd write it so they left everything on the field, leaving every block, tackle, pass, catch, run etc... out on the field where it belongs...

I'd like for them to go into the locker room after every game, win or lose, knowing there wasn't anything they could have done differently, knowing what they did was all they could...

I'd also hope for them to uphold the tradition... No pouting or throwin' punches etc... Just come out of the dressing room or get off the bus, whup a little A, then go back home having taken care of business...

And if we were to win the championship in the proccess, I wouldn't be mad at all...

;)

I don't think you could ask a bunch of young men to deliver more than that, Gobbla. Anybody you would like to see them meet and beat on their way to the Championship?

Gobbla2001
04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I don't think you could ask a bunch of young men to deliver more than that, Gobbla. Anybody you would like to see them meet and beat on their way to the Championship?

Nothing but the best, Bullaholic...

If they were to win state, I wouldn't have it any other way...

USC Trojans, New England Patriots, doesn't matter ha...

slpybear the bullfan
04-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Dangit, Bullaholic... you already wrote a great script. I have nothing else to add... except!

THE 2005 TEXAS RANGERS stun major league fans and post a 102 win season. Chan Ho Park wins the Cy Young award after posting a 31-2 record with a 1.28 ERA. Hank Blalock hits 75 HRs and Michael Young is named league MVP for a 47 HR, 45 Steal, 204 RBI season with 0 errors. (A Rod has a miserable season and Steinbrenner just pays him off to leave). ;)

They knock off the Royals in 4, the Angels in 4, then knock off the ASTROs in the bottom of the 9th, game seven with a Grand Slam by Teixera.

Afterwards we all watch in amazement as no free agents leave, no big money demands are made, and Tom Hicks sells the team at even money to Jerry Jones who hires Nolan Ryan to manage it.

Sigh...

JHS_c/o_06'
04-25-2005, 09:58 PM
The script for the season would take too long to type....but it would end with my name being called out to recieve my diamond encrusted state championship ring at the annual football banquet.

Bullaholic
04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
ttt...only because we need something about football to talk about....IMHO, of course.

GUNHO
04-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I had high hopes last year for my wos mustangs.This year going to write a script where they can get past the first round.:D