PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys draft picks?

Bull's-eye
04-25-2005, 01:42 PM
What does everyone think about the Cowboy's picks?

Parcells and Jones were quite happy with their picks. They chose Ware over Merriman because he was the best pass rusher in the draft. They still wanted a DE with size, that could play both the 4-3 and the 3-4. Dallas was hoping to get Spears and had attemted to move up, but luckily he fell to them at #20. LB Burnett should challenge for one of the outside linebacker positions. RB Barber should provide Dallas with a quality back-up for Julius Jones. DE Chris Canty may be the steal of the draft. He had been projected to go late first or early second round. An eye & knee injury caused him to slip to the 4th round. Dallas feels confident that he will have a full recovery and be an outstanding player.

BullFrog Dad
04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
This is probably the best Cowboy draft since the Jimmy Johnson days. The only problem is that Andy Reid at Philly knows talent and might have done almost as well as Dallas in this draft.

Bellville22
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I would have loved to see Derrick Johnson in a Cowboy uniform, but I certainly can't complain about the draft they had. Sounds like they will be changing to a 3-4, and I think they got some great guys to fit that scheme. Very happy w/ the draft.

Maroon87
04-25-2005, 03:10 PM
It was a solid draft. I saw a couple of "expert" polls that said the Cowboys had the best draft of anyone.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-25-2005, 08:34 PM
The question is, can they beat the Texans in regular season, when it counts?:)

Bull's-eye
04-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't see the Texans on their regular season schedule. They did sign the Aggie fullback and may sign former Aggie Aaron Glenn.

Holmes_Fans
04-26-2005, 04:35 PM
I think they play the Texans in the pre-season

JasperDog94
04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah, but who really cares about if your preseason backups beat the other team's 3rd string wanna-bes?

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Draft Report Card (from Sports Illustrated)

Vikes, Cowboys, Eagles thrive; Broncos miss the mark

Posted: Tuesday April 26, 2005 12:27PM; Updated: Tuesday April 26, 2005 4:01PM

A

COWBOYS -- Being of limited IQ points, I really like things I can understand. So when Bill Parcells tells me, "I need to get bigger and stronger on defense ... I hate little guys," and then drafts two big, talented outside rushers -- Demarcus Ware and Marcus Spears -- in the first round, and follows it up with a big inside LB named Kevin Burnett in the next one, I get a real comfortable feeling. Not that MLB Dat Nguyen is lacking in ability. It's just that he wears down during the course of a season, even a game.