PDA

View Full Version : Need help fromthe wives on board

injuredinmelee
04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Ok I was out of town all weekend and got home around 330 am this morning. Well it just so happens the 25th, today, is my anniversary and I forgot it. The wife had to take son to nuerologist in Austin this morning so we only saw each other briefly before she left and I didnt say a word about anniversary. Well i failed that test. She called not 5 miles down the road to tell me I forgot. I tried to be coy but that didnt work.
HOW CAN I SAVE MYSELF???

pirate44
04-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ok I was out of town all weekend and got home around 330 am this morning. Well it just so happens the 25th, today, is my anniversary and I forgot it. The wife had to take son to nuerologist in Austin this morning so we only saw each other briefly before she left and I didnt say a word about anniversary. Well i failed that test. She called not 5 miles down the road to tell me I forgot. I tried to be coy but that didnt work.
HOW CAN I SAVE MYSELF???
im "only" a husband, but whats good for the goose is good for the gander. tell her "You forgot too (or didnt tell me)!!!!!" put your foot down. its your anniversary too, not jsut hers

Ranger Mom
04-25-2005, 01:42 PM
I'll let you know after my husband forgets our anniversary tomorrow!!:D

lepfan
04-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Have "whatever" ready for her when she gets home this afternoon....and make it look like it was going to be a surprise all along...make her think you were only pretending to forget...sounds like this one is going to cost you some $$$$$

HighSchool Fan
04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
HOW CAN I SAVE MYSELF???

2 words....New Car

or is it....You Can't

or is it...Your Screwed

or should it start...Dear God

or something like...i'm an idiot

or is it....Hello, 911??

anyway, good luck

CHS_CG
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
2 words....New Car

or is it....You Can't

or is it...Your Screwed

or should it start...Dear God

or something like...i'm an idiot

or is it....Hello, 911??

anyway, good luck

you arent much help!:rolleyes: :D lol

Bullaholic
HOW CAN I SAVE MYSELF???

I would suggest lots of flowers, a heartfelt note expressing your affection for her over 25 years, coupled with an apology, and a nice romantic dinner at a really nice restaurant----and do it quickly. Otherwise, I think you had better be prepared for life as a monk, sleeping on the couch, and taking lots of cold showers. The 25th is a "biggie" to all women.

superslyguy06
You only need 3 things. . .

scented candles. . .

massage oil. . .

and. . .

Barry White

Ranger Mom
04-25-2005, 01:51 PM
As usual...I'm confused!!

Was he saying it was the 25th anniversary...or that it was today the 25th (as in 4/25/05)??

HighSchool Fan
04-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Was he saying it was the 25th anniversary...or that it was today the 25th (as in 4/25/05)??

i think the date, as in 4/25/05

Bullaholic
04-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

After reading again, RM, I'm with you. For his sake I hope it was the latter.

HighSchool Fan
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

he was born in 1971. let's hope he's talking about the date and not the number of years.

Ranger Mom
04-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Hehe....me and you both!

After I read what you wrote I thought to myself........injuredinmelee is really gonna be injured in melee!!

mustang04
04-25-2005, 02:03 PM
write her a poem man, if u need help i could write one for ya, but let her know that today seemed like any other day because being married to her, every day is its own celebration;)

lepfan
04-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
write her a poem man, if u need help i could write one for ya, but let her know that today seemed like any other day because being married to her, every day is its own celebration;)

You are a schmoozer....you are going to be quite the little hubby someday! ;) :D

Bandera YaYa
04-25-2005, 04:01 PM
write her a poem man, if u need help i could write one for ya, but let her know that today seemed like any other day because being married to her, every day is its own celebration;) Awwwwwwwwwwww.......if you can find a woman to fall for that , you ARE good!!! :p :D

Bandera YaYa
04-25-2005, 04:04 PM
My advice would be to tell the truth....and she should have said something to you.....who cares....if you get to spend time together, you are lucky. congrats!

Phil C
04-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I almost forgot our third anniversary but the day before I dropped off two of my nieces at home after church (my wife wasn't with me) they both announced together Happy Anniversary Uncle Bill. Luckily my anniversary wasn't until the next day but if they hadn't done that I may not have remembered and ________. Whew! :)

pirate44
04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
My advice would be to tell the truth....and she should have said something to you.....who cares....if you get to spend time together, you are lucky. congrats!
that was my point. shame on HER for not remembering either. my wife and i usually plan a trip for our anniversaries so they never sneak up on either of us.

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 04:24 PM

uhhh, I am feeling a little ill now. ;)

I think a nice dinner and a card would probably be fine.:thinking:

Phantom Stang
04-25-2005, 04:29 PM
let her know that today seemed like any other day because being married to her, every day is its own celebration;)
You're showing your youth on this one.
I've tried that line more than a few times, and in 20+ years of marriage, it's yet to work!:doh:

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
You're showing your youth on this one.
I've tried that line more than a few times, and in 20+ years of marriage, it's yet to work!:doh:

ha ha ha...those are almost fighting words if you don't get the tone and look on the face right. :D

LH Panther Mom
04-26-2005, 08:09 AM
So how did this end turning out for you, injured? Were you able to make it up to each other?

pirate44
04-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So how did this end turning out for you, injured? Were you able to make it up to each other?
im wondering the same thing. if he doesnt post today, that could be a bad sign. then again, if he doesnt post today that could be a GOOD sign ;)