PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Shell Houston Open

injuredinmelee
04-25-2005, 10:11 AM
this weekend. The Redstone Golf Club is amazing. What a tract. Following Daly on Sat was nuts. He easily had the largest entourage of fans. He hit so many drives that were close to 400 yards. Sunday morning we followed Abilenes own Bob Estes then were able to watch Daly finish the back nine and watched the playoff hole. If you are a golf fan and have never been to a PGA event before it is well worth it. I cant wait for the Colonial and Byron Nelson, I just hope that they dont get me on the $9 Fosters Oil Cans. You cant pass up a Fosters.

Maroon87
04-25-2005, 10:38 AM
This was the first time in 3 years that I haven't been able to go. You're right...Redstone is a great course. I had heard that they are building a second course out there that will host the SHO in the near future. It's definitely a good way to spend a nice afternoon.

jason
04-25-2005, 10:40 AM
i had 2 all access/week long passes, but wasnt able to make it down there, i watched it on TV though, everybody in our house was pulling for big John (NOBODY in our house likes vijay)...hopefully ill be able to make it to colonial or byron nelson this year...

i was at colonial when annika played, me and my mom followed her on the back 9 on Friday....something ill never forget....

AggieJohn
04-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Daly, oh daly, only if you wouldn't of crapped it on the playoff hole...i was rooting for you