PDA

View Full Version : AP Panther Fan

pirate44
04-25-2005, 08:45 AM
How was it?

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 08:53 AM
It was awesome! Would have been better if the Hooks would have won though!:rolleyes: I think we lost 6-0!

My seats were perfect...second row behind home plate. I got to work on my suntan....but, I can also say that when the temps get up to the 90's those afternoon games will be hot!

The stadium is fantastic! Parking wasn't a problem and traffic was light even with attendance at 8,200+. Food and restrooms conveniently located.

Since it was "Kids Day"...my daughter got a free Hooks t-shirt and then after the game got to run the bases and high 5 the two mascots. She loved it!

All in all, a great experience! You and SPF should have a really good time tonight!:D

pirate44
04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
sounds great. one of my brothers and his wife and kids were there sitting on the outfield berm. i didnt get a chance to ask them how it was though. i really hope this rain stops. its not looking good. im sitting behind the third base dugout, so i'll be bringing my glove and hope i get a foul ball. did you get a chance to walk around and check out the ball park? anyway, im glad your family had a good time.

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 09:06 AM
LOL....I think the first foul ball of the game, came straight back into the net in front of my daughter. Scared the crap out of her...:D (if the net wouldn't have been there it would have tattoo'd her forehead).

Quite a few fouls hit and bounce off of the walls (where the suites are located upstairs) and back down into the area you will be sitting in....sooooo keep your eyes open. Yesterday, part of a broken bat flew all the way over there too!:eek: :eek: :eek:

The fan cam is alot of fun to watch throughout the game and from your seats, I bet you will be filmed. Once the game starts, the two cameramen go to each dug-out and then between innings turn around and take pictures of the crowd....maybe you should wear your Sinton paraphenalia?

pirate44
04-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL....I think the first foul ball of the game, came straight back into the net in front of my daughter. Scared the crap out of her...:D (if the net wouldn't have been there it would have tattoo'd her forehead).

Quite a few fouls hit and bounce off of the walls (where the suites are located upstairs) and back down into the area you will be sitting in....sooooo keep your eyes open. Yesterday, part of a broken bat flew all the way over there too!:eek: :eek: :eek:

The fan cam is alot of fun to watch throughout the game and from your seats, I bet you will be filmed. Once the game starts, the two cameramen go to each dug-out and then between innings turn around and take pictures of the crowd....maybe you should wear your Sinton paraphenalia?
Dang, i wish i woulda known that. i wore business casual to work today and will be going to the ballpark straight from here. wife and son are catching a ride to Corpus this afternoon.
by the way, how are the hot dogs??;)

Bandera YaYa
04-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Hey, ya'll are making me wish I was going too!! :( :D

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
by the way, how are the hot dogs??;)

ha ha ha....not sure, wish I would have gotten one! We had Whataburger from upstairs and then got a bag of hot peanuts and fresh-squeezed lemonades! The peanuts and lemonade were great...a must have!

Hot dogs will be on my agenda next time!:D

pirate44
04-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
come on down sometime yaya, and we'll rent out the pool in the right field during one of the games. i think its amounts to about 30 bucks per person with a $500 minimum charge.

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 09:27 AM

Yep, come on down....we will get you fixed up! My employer actually has a suite (seats 12) and then 8 additional seats for every game!

You could make it a beach/fishing/Hooks baseball kind of a weekend!:D

pirate44
04-25-2005, 09:30 AM
ha ha ha....not sure, wish I would have gotten one! We had Whataburger from upstairs and then got a bag of hot peanuts and fresh-squeezed lemonades! The peanuts and lemonade were great...a must have!

Hot dogs will be on my agenda next time!:D
i heard you have to buy the burgers in one line, then the fries in another, then the drinks in another line. what's the price markup on those burgers?

and another thing i was wondering, is there any catering or anything included in the suites??

Bandera YaYa
04-25-2005, 09:33 AM
Yep, come on down....we will get you fixed up! My employer actually has a suite (seats 12) and then 8 additional seats for every game!

You could make it a beach/fishing/Hooks baseball kind of a weekend!:D So how long is their season???? Cuz that's a heck of a invite!!!!

pirate44
04-25-2005, 09:34 AM

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Not sure about the Whataburger lines...sent my husband.;) He didn't complain though and I probably would have heard about it...lol.

Yes, you can have your food catered in the suites...I believe Water Street Oyster Bar is doing it (I heard that at a softball tournament this weekend from someone that works there).

The one thing about catering....it is expensive. To supply just ballpark kind of food to the suite (nachos, chips, dip, hot dogs) can easily exceed $500.00 per game. Most of the companies that entertain clients don't really care about the cost though....:doh: :)

pirate44
04-25-2005, 09:38 AM
here's a virtual tour provided by the Corpus Christi Caller Times newspaper.

virtual tour (http://www.caller2.com/multimedia/vtours/whataburger_stadium/index.html)

pirate44
04-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Not sure about the Whataburger lines...sent my husband.;) He didn't complain though and I probably would have heard about it...lol.

Yes, you can have your food catered in the suites...I believe Water Street Oyster Bar is doing it (I heard that at a softball tournament this weekend from someone that works there).

The one thing about catering....it is expensive. To supply just ballpark kind of food to the suite (nachos, chips, dip, hot dogs) can easily exceed $500.00 per game. Most of the companies that entertain clients don't really care about the cost though....:doh: :)
i thought maybe catering was included in the cost of the suite package. what a bunch of cheapskates:rolleyes: :D

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 09:40 AM
So how long is their season???? Cuz that's a heck of a invite!!!!

All the way up to September 4th...if I am reading this schedule right. You might check out cchooks.com. I am serious about helping you out with your itinerary, if you make a trip down here.:D

pirate4state
04-25-2005, 09:47 AM
All the way up to September 4th...if I am reading this schedule right. You might check out cchooks.com. I am serious about helping you out with your itinerary, if you make a trip down here.:D Just don't be giving my seat away! :mad: ;) :D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Just don't be giving my seat away! :mad: ;) :D :D :D

Nope, you and I are going!:p :D

I just remembered, I could also get Ya Ya some free passes to the Texas State Aquarium. You know, when you live down here, you tend to forget about all of the fun stuff that others might enjoy!:thinking:

pirate4state
04-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Nope, you and I are going!:p :D

I just remembered, I could also get Ya Ya some free passes to the Texas State Aquarium. You know, when you live down here, you tend to forget about all of the fun stuff that others might enjoy!:thinking:

:clap: :D