PDA

View Full Version : No disrespect intended, but...

JasperDog94
02-05-2004, 04:28 PM
...some of you guys are starting to act like last year's graduating seniors. It's time to move on. If you want to create a 4A forum, I'm all for it. I'll probably drop in and see what's going on. But until then, this is a 3A forum and it should stay that way. If you don't like it, tough. :mad:

You wouldn't have liked it the past two years if several posters from 4A or 5A schools started making a bunch of posts on this board. You guys would've been some of the first to complain about it. You're 4A now. Get on with your life. I mean no disrespect and I wish you the best of luck in 4A. :cool: :)

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

olddawggreen
02-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Relax Jasperdog, we are still 3A until next fall!

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Do we need a "Group Hug"????? :D

Old Dog
02-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Good one, Ya Ya

crzyjournalist03
02-05-2004, 06:20 PM
olddawggreen:
Relax Jasperdog, we are still 3A until next fall!last I checked, Forney is still playing 3A baseball and softball this spring and has a basketball team in 3A playoffs...we shouldn't have to leave the board simply because our team was realigned...if that was the case, there would be no board since all of the admins. have 4A schools.

poncho
02-05-2004, 06:37 PM
JasperDog94:
...some of you guys are starting to act like last year's graduating seniors. It's time to move on. If you want to create a 4A forum, I'm all for it. I'll probably drop in and see what's going on. But until then, this is a 3A forum and it should stay that way. If you don't like it, tough. :mad:

You wouldn't have liked it the past two years if several posters from 4A or 5A schools started making a bunch of posts on this board. You guys would've been some of the first to complain about it. You're 4A now. Get on with your life. I mean no disrespect and I wish you the best of luck in 4A. :cool: :) Theres plenty of 3a topics on here the last time I took a look. Know ones trying to take over 3a downlow. So relax, you don't own this board either. :cool:

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

sinton66
02-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p

Old Tiger
02-05-2004, 09:10 PM
good point sinton66, long time no see

3afan2K3
02-05-2004, 09:13 PM
im talking about basketball

kaorder1999
02-05-2004, 09:43 PM
sinton66:
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p good point...talk about 3A basketball and baseball and powerlifting or whatever! HEHE

poncho
02-05-2004, 09:44 PM
sinton66:
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p During this off season for football there have been posters on here complaining about "non football topics". A example that comes to mind is Phil c. Phil would post about female sports, a non football topic. If I didn't like it I simply didn't look at that post. Again this is still the off season. I've been around her about a year, and during football season most of the non football topics end. The few 4a topics you are complaining about started when lowdowndog made his "yes we are 4a now" post. Seems to me that got everyone upset, and now you demand 3a subjects only. Well, 4a football topics are no different than some of the college and professional football discussions on here. No hard feeling but I do disagree with you. :cool:

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

3afan2K3
02-05-2004, 09:52 PM
poncho:

sinton66:
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p During this off season for football there have been posters on here complaining about "non football topics". A example that comes to mind is Phil c. Phil would post about female sports, a non football topic. If I didn't like it I simply didn't look at that post. Again this is still the off season. I've been around her about a year, and during football season most of the non football topics end. The few 4a topics you are complaining about started when lowdowndog made his "yes we are 4a now" post. Seems to me that got everyone upset, and now you demand 3a subjects only. Well, 4a football topics are no different than some of the college and professional football discussions on here. No hard feeling but I do disagree with you. :cool: I think I agree with that

sinton66
02-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately there has already been a topic brought up about this site converting to "4A Downlow". Don't try to tell us we're imagining things. This same subject has been discussed a couple of times here over the last three years. The answer from our admins has always been the same. This is 3A Downlow and will not change to 4A Downlow. The FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, TRACK, even the ACADEMIC DECATHELON discussions on here are about 3A.

Those of us who will ALWAYS be 3A like it this way. There is a big difference between the topics you mentioned. They were authored BY 3A people. If this is to remain a 3A forum, where do we draw the line without you folks getting your feelings hurt? (Remember the crack about the family atmosphere turning very cold?)

4A Downlow link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014506)

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

3afan2K3
02-05-2004, 10:33 PM
I dont want it to change to *********. I know it never will or else it would of already been a combined board

vfunk
02-05-2004, 10:49 PM
where were all of you when this board started? if im not mistaken jasper was still in 4a....I have been out of service for awhile, but i was one of the original members of the DL...I used to have a 2 digit member number. Let people talk about what they wanna talk about...these are people that have been on here for quite awhile....some for years. Just because their school changed classifications, you are gonna write them off and tell them to go find a 4A board? Just remember that without the posters from Burnet, Everman, Forney and all the other schools changing classes....this board would not be what it is. In fact it may not even exist if not for Matthew (who is from Everman). You should all be grateful of these people for helping to get the board to where it is now.

crzyjournalist03
02-05-2004, 10:52 PM
sinton66:
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p Hey...we're playing Gainesville in pre-district next year...that's a 3A team :D :p

sinton66
02-05-2004, 10:59 PM
crzyjournalist03:

sinton66:
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p Hey...we're playing Gainesville in pre-district next year...that's a 3A team :D :p Ok, so NOW you're talking 3A football. If you wish to discuss that game, feel free to do so. :D

poncho
02-05-2004, 11:00 PM
66, 3a downlow is a GREAT site. I'm "not" advacating changing it one bit. I like it just the way I've seen it. With no dictators of what can be said within in reason. I like the family atmosphere. This site wont become anything other than what it is now, without the adminisrators promoting it. Thanks for your 4a link but I wont need it. I'm on other sites also, but plan to look in on this one from time to time, which I can do as long as I abide by the same rules you do. :cool:

sinton66
02-05-2004, 11:02 PM
vfunk:
where were all of you when this board started? if im not mistaken jasper was still in 4a....I have been out of service for awhile, but i was one of the original members of the DL...I used to have a 2 digit member number. Let people talk about what they wanna talk about...these are people that have been on here for quite awhile....some for years. Just because their school changed classifications, you are gonna write them off and tell them to go find a 4A board? Just remember that without the posters from Burnet, Everman, Forney and all the other schools changing classes....this board would not be what it is. In fact it may not even exist if not for Matthew (who is from Everman). You should all be grateful of these people for helping to get the board to where it is now.Bubba, I've been here starting my third year and have seen Matthew and Jacket BOTH say this site will stay dedicated to 3A numerous times. Again, I ask where do we draw the line?? And just FYI, Sinton has always been 3A (except for once way back in the 80's), and looks like it always will be unless the realignment folks really wig out.

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinton66
02-05-2004, 11:09 PM
poncho:
66, 3a downlow is a GREAT site. I'm "not" advacating changing it one bit. I like it just the way I've seen it. With no dictators of what can be said within in reason. I like the family atmosphere. This site wont become anything other than what it is now, without the adminisrators promoting it. Thanks for your 4a link but I wont need it. I'm on other sites also, but plan to look in on this one from time to time, which I can do as long as I abide by the same rules you do. :cool: Uhmmm, the "4A link" was to a previous topic on THIS board.

poncho
02-06-2004, 02:16 AM
sinton66:
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p Matthew328
Administrator
Member # 3

posted February 04, 2004 01:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know Everman is now 4A but here is their non-district schedule

Week 0: Cleburne
Week 1: FW Dunbar
Week 2: Wichita Falls
Week 3: OPEN
Week 4: Stephenville
Week 5: Kennedale
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 2864 | From: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: Jun 2001 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

** This is a post matthew328 made! My "point" is he's not trying to change this to a 4a site either. He's just discussing a point he feels would be of interest to everyone. :cool:

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

vet93
02-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Guys, I think that we are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I will always follow 3a football because I was "raised" in 3a so to speak. However, the UIL has chosen to move my Bearcats to 2a. I see no reason to change the board in any way shape or form...however...If I want to make a post concerning Ballinger I don't see any problem with that either. There are plenty of west texas folks who might want to know how an old opponent is doing just like I want to keep up with our old 3a rivals. I would hope that this sentiment is not unwelcome on this board.

Phil C
02-06-2004, 11:27 AM
I knew all along there would be trouble once we deviated from the topic that this forum is about and that is 3A football! Why do you all think I posted against talking about other subjects like soccer, volleyball, softball, baseball etc. This is a 3A football forum! And I know that another subject that will be discussed will be the presidential election coming up! I keep telling you all that this is 3A football forum but you refuse to listen to old age wisdom! Shame shame!

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Wow. I didn't expect such a strong reaction when I started this topic. Let me clarify what I said so it won't be misunderstood. If you take all the Burnet, Everman, and Forney posters that post on a regular basis, you get about half of our normal posters. (give or take a few) If next year rolls around and you guys stick around making posts about what's happening to your teams in 4A, logic would say that half the posts would be about 4A football.

Please understand: I have nothing against 4A football. That's where Jasper has been for as long as I've been around. That is until two years ago. I enjoy talking about 4A football as much as the next guy. But this is not a 4A football forum. Yes, other topics come up other than football or even things other than sports. And yes there is a "family" environment within the members of this board. But, things change. Roll with the times.

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 11:45 AM
vfunk:
where were all of you when this board started? if im not mistaken jasper was still in 4a... My point exactly. You didn't see Jasper folks on here talking about 4A football. I couldn't have said it better myself.

spiveyrat
02-06-2004, 12:13 PM
JasperDog94:
Wow. I didn't expect such a strong reaction when I started this topic.
You're such a trouble maker! :p

j_dog
02-06-2004, 12:50 PM
The direction this Board takes will be dictated by the posters at any given time. Some teams moved up to 4a, or down to 2a. Some of those posters may gravitate to other boards. Others may not.

What I can assure you is that WOS fans will more than replace those posters that follow their teams to the 4a boards. Talk about dedicated, and classy, those WOS posters invented it. And you will soon get to see that. :)

Rabbit'93
02-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Wow. I'm not sure where to start on this topic. I will remain part of this board until an admin kicks me off. I've been here since '01 (had to get a new username/password in sep. '02). I've read many a topic that has had nothing to do with 3A FOOTBALL. Some of you sound like little kids with a toy. MINE, MINE, MINE! Sheesh. chill out a little will ya. No one (I hope) will try to change this board. I enjoy the relationships that have been forged with many of you. The family atmoshpere is somewhat fading away with the growth of the board.

I for one hope this stays a 3A board. I played 3A ball and love 3A ball. If I happen to post something about Forney winning the District 11-4A championship by beating the #1 ranked Highland Park Scots 35-14 next year. Just read it and be happy for us. :p wink

LowDownDawg
02-06-2004, 01:34 PM
And I was labeled as "arrogant"hmm wink

Rabbit'93
02-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Dang...you got me. :D

Phil C
02-06-2004, 02:18 PM
It isn't that we object to other topics Rabbit 93 but if you look at the heading this is 3A football discussion. Other topics get one into trouble. I have repeatedly pleaded that to keep the peace we should only discuss 3A football as the heading says! We get to talking as I have said on other things such as Sadam, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, how universities did in recruiting, etc. etc. Let's stick with the subject is all I am saying. I can't seem to make myself clear on this. Let's stick with 3A football. Shame Shame!

lv2937
02-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Phil C:
It isn't that we object to other topics Rabbit 93 but if you look at the heading this is 3A football discussion. Other topics get one into trouble. I have repeatedly pleaded that to keep the peace we should only discuss 3A football as the heading says! We get to talking as I have said on other things such as Sadam, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, how universities did in recruiting, etc. etc. Let's stick with the subject is all I am saying. I can't seem to make myself clear on this. Let's stick with 3A football. Shame Shame!Phil C are,nt you the the that keeps bring up other sports than football? I think this board sould be nothing but 3A FOOTBALL. There is still alot to talk about after football season is over with. If someone makes a post about volleyball or softball or anything else, just dont read it or dont reply. They will get the hint later on. As for as telling people since we, they have haved move up to 4a or droped to 2a that we sould,nt post on this board,you or anyone else is WRONG. The main topic should be 3a. But if anyone wants to talk about 4a or 2a, let them If you dont like it just dont read it or reply. Thats my 2 cents worth. To the Jasper and Sinton posters, I wish you guys luck next year. Hope both os you guys win state next year. Ya,ll are both classy teams. GO BURNET BULLDOGS WISH YOU THE BEST IN 4A NEXT YEAR.

lv2937
02-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Phil C:
It isn't that we object to other topics Rabbit 93 but if you look at the heading this is 3A football discussion. Other topics get one into trouble. I have repeatedly pleaded that to keep the peace we should only discuss 3A football as the heading says! We get to talking as I have said on other things such as Sadam, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, how universities did in recruiting, etc. etc. Let's stick with the subject is all I am saying. I can't seem to make myself clear on this. Let's stick with 3A football. Shame Shame!Phil C are,nt you the the that keeps bring up other sports than football? I think this board sould be nothing but 3A FOOTBALL. There is still alot to talk about after football season is over with. If someone makes a post about volleyball or softball or anything else, just dont read it or dont reply. They will get the hint later on. As for as telling people since we, they have haved move up to 4a or droped to 2a that we sould,nt post on this board,you or anyone else is WRONG. The main topic should be 3a. But if anyone wants to talk about 4a or 2a, let them If you dont like it just dont read it or reply. Thats my 2 cents worth. To the Jasper and Sinton posters, I wish you guys luck next year. Hope both os you guys win state next year. Ya,ll are both classy teams. GO BURNET BULLDOGS WISH YOU THE BEST IN 4A NEXT YEAR.

lv2937
02-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Phil C:
It isn't that we object to other topics Rabbit 93 but if you look at the heading this is 3A football discussion. Other topics get one into trouble. I have repeatedly pleaded that to keep the peace we should only discuss 3A football as the heading says! We get to talking as I have said on other things such as Sadam, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, how universities did in recruiting, etc. etc. Let's stick with the subject is all I am saying. I can't seem to make myself clear on this. Let's stick with 3A football. Shame Shame!

dawgdad
02-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Haven't seen anyone complain about those posting about NFL or NBA subjects. Just because we are no longer 3A doesn't mean we can't show an interest in the district. Some of us will always be 3A, no matter where our local schools play. There are many long time and classic rivalries between Burnet and oppenents at the 3A level. I think that there are probably many fans of 3A that are still interested in what happens to the Bulldogs. Don't have any intentions of leaving this site.

WOS92
02-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words, J. You guys are all welcome on our home board, btw, at www.wo-s.com. (http://www.wo-s.com.)

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Either I mistyped or some of you have misunderstood me. Nobody is trying to run anyone off. After seeing several posts about 4A stuff, I got concerned that this site would get bombarded with 4A posts.

As someone said earlier, I don't own this board. It's not my choice. I'm just voicing my condern that the site would become dominated by 4A football topics. Don't get your feelings hurt. Don't cry over it. Don't take your ball and go home. This is the best football board out there dedicated to 3A football and I just hope it stays that way. :cool:

sinton66
02-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Okay, Here is MY explanation for my stance. This board uses UBB Classic software. It is already getting bogged down from time to time. The scripts in this software are not designed to handle heavy traffic. This is why the board freezes up sometimes and the Administrator has to go in and reset stuff to get it working again. That is what's happening when you get those "Board is down for routine maintenance" messages. It is also why a growing number of you are getting erroneous "You are temporaily banned" messages. The sheer load of a bunch of additional "4a" threads will cause this to happen more often. All Bulletin boards have a finite range of capabilities, and we are already pushing this one past it's limits.

We are currently looking into purchasing new software that will cure these problems and give us a much more stable board, but no final decision has been made yet.

The bottom line is the board was DESIGNED to cater to 3a only. How fair is it of those of you going into 4A to cause this board further difficulties and increased expenses, ESPECIALLY those of you who have yet to donate to the cause?
Donations are and always will be voluntary, but fair is fair, and the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I may have come across as a jerk to some of you, but now you know some underlying reasons for my statements.

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Buckeye80
02-06-2004, 06:55 PM
JasperDog94:
This is the best football board out there dedicated to 3A football and I just hope it stays that way. :cool: And it will stay that way. I don't see anything wrong with the Burnet, Everman, and Forney fans still participating in discussions on this site.
After all, I always looked at Forney as a team that Gilmer should emulate. Forney, for as long as I've followed football, has been a "powerhouse", and a program worthy of respect.
Therefore, just because the state decided that they should play different teams in football, we can't alienate the fans of these schools who have poured their hearts out in this forum on more than a few occasions.
All of the posters from these schools have been loyal and die-hard 3A football fans; and most still are. I will venture to say that seeing the class exhibited by the fans of all schools in 3A and especially the fans of these schools in particular, these people will continue to want what's best for this site and the fans which frequent it.
So don't worry! If you see an old Burnet, Everman, Forney, etc. fan on here come August, just say, "hey". I'm almost certain that they would do the same for you if the roles were reversed.

Thank you all. (Dramatic pause for applause)

Ranger Mom
02-06-2004, 07:05 PM
I can't let this pass by without putting in my 2 cents worth - as usual!!

I can kinda see everyone's point on all sides (except Phil C, but I still luv ya anyway wink ).

For me, if this site went strictly 3-A football...no non-football posts...I would probably lose interest after a while. The non-football threads (many of which I am guilty of starting) are where I do my best work!! :p

I have made some good friends from Burnet and Forney. I would hate for them to go somewhere else, but I can also understand the problems within the software!!

I'm sure the Rangers will be in 3-A for a while, so I will be here for a long time--unless I get banned for too many non-football posts!! :D

olddawggreen
02-06-2004, 07:09 PM
crzyjournalist03:

sinton66:
Hold on there a second me buckos. Yall ain't talking about 3a Basketball or Baseball. Yall are talking about your 4A pre-district schedules, so JasperDog94 DOES have a valid point. Let's not lose sight of the facts just because yall are wrong. :p Hey...we're playing Gainesville in pre-district next year...that's a 3A team :D :p Yes and were playing Liberty Hill! Their still 3A.

sinton66
02-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Let me further clarify one point. Even I am not saying "no 4A topics ever under any circumstances." An occasional topic won't hurt anything or make anybody mad. Even I have posted about 4A teams before, but usually only because I KNEW other posters from Sinton would be interested. All I'm saying is that it needs to be kept to a minimum on here so that this board can function as it was designed. This was never intended to give a "cold shoulder" to anyone or to alienate any of you, but you MUST understand the mission for this site.

poncho
02-06-2004, 07:45 PM
sinton66:
Let me further clarify one point. Even I am not saying "no 4A topics ever under any circumstances." An occasional topic won't hurt anything or make anybody mad. Even I have posted about 4A teams before, but usually only because I KNEW other posters from Sinton would be interested. All I'm saying is that it needs to be kept to a minimum on here so that this board can function as it was designed. This was never intended to give a "cold shoulder" to anyone or to alienate any of you, but you MUST understand the mission for this site.Because I no longer wont to contribute to the bickering, this is my final statement on this subject.
Sinton66 and Jasperdawg94 their are posters who carry the "Donating member" tags just as you do. These members gave money to support this board also. I read your post about new software with a $160 dollar price tag. If you look back you'll see my name on the list to give money toward helping this site out and I bet many others would also. Its just wrong to alienate these members who donated money when they were 3a and in good graces.

My feeling aren't hurt...but as Sintonfan said, I have an opinion and you will here it. :cool:

sinton66
02-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Ok Poncho, but I know you understand that this is not the Pig, Texasprepsextra, or Texasfootball. The IDENTITY of this site is 3A Down Low. 3A is what we all identify with. I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I'm very proud of the fact that 3A has it's own dedicated site. Sticking to the "mission" is what has made us what we are. It is not our intention to offend any of you, and if yall are getting offended by this, your head's simply in the wrong place. All we're saying is please keep it to a minimum. It can't be any plainer than that.

olddawggreen
02-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Hey, if you see someone making a 4A post just pass it up, don't read it or comment on it. That way you won't waste your time and the only people on the thread will be people that are interested in it. Ive seen all sorts of football post on here over the last couple of years from 6 man to NFL. They had nothing to do with 3A. If they were about something I wasnt interested in, I just didnt read them, but I never had a problem with anyone posting them. I think some people are making a bigger deal out of this than they need. Enough of this "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ attitude. Can't weeee all just get along? :( frown

sinton66
02-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Fine then, take it however you want, I don't care. I've explained it as best I can, if you're bound and determined to take offense at it, then so be it.

dawgdad
02-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Buckeye80:

JasperDog94:
This is the best football board out there dedicated to 3A football and I just hope it stays that way. :cool: And it will stay that way. I don't see anything wrong with the Burnet, Everman, and Forney fans still participating in discussions on this site.
After all, I always looked at Forney as a team that Gilmer should emulate. Forney, for as long as I've followed football, has been a "powerhouse", and a program worthy of respect.
Therefore, just because the state decided that they should play different teams in football, we can't alienate the fans of these schools who have poured their hearts out in this forum on more than a few occasions.
All of the posters from these schools have been loyal and die-hard 3A football fans; and most still are. I will venture to say that seeing the class exhibited by the fans of all schools in 3A and especially the fans of these schools in particular, these people will continue to want what's best for this site and the fans which frequent it.
So don't worry! If you see an old Burnet, Everman, Forney, etc. fan on here come August, just say, "hey". I'm almost certain that they would do the same for you if the roles were reversed.

Thank you all. (Dramatic pause for applause)Amen to that, be seeing some of you in 4A in a couple of years anyway

olddawggreen
02-06-2004, 11:02 PM
If we are worried about overload, maybe we should try more to limit the discussion to football topics rather than non football topics. It seems that there are times that over 50% of the topics have nothing to do with football. I think that if we are faceing overload its not because of potential 4A posters, its because all the many non football topics. If new software is needed lets all chip in and get it.

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 11:31 PM
olddawggreen:
Enough of this "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ attitude. Can't weeee all just get along? :( :(I'm sorry, but are we speaking the same language? I've tried to be polite. I've tried to make my point as clear as possible about maintaining this as a primarily (sp?) 3A site, but I guess you are just trying to be offended. Nobody is telling anyone to leave. If they are, please point it out to me. If not, then you might want to look in the mirror when looking for an attitude problem.

sinton66
02-06-2004, 11:45 PM
We're not here to censor anybody, except in the case of inappropriate language and such. The non football topics aren't going to change, and they shouldn't, especially in the off season. I'm not talking about the few 4A posts at this moment in time. If it's allowed, you guys will do it, then your competitors will want to chime in, then their competitors, and so forth, just like it has happened for 3A. In no time at all, the board would be swallowed by 4A talk and we'll have to page through four or five pages of 4A topics to find 3A topics we're interested in. IF that happens, you'll prolly find out how hostile things can get. This is WHY this site is dedicated to 3A.

There will never be a 4A forum on this site, not even if we buy software that will take care of the load problem. Our admins have no interest in becoming a multiple class site. There are plenty of those out there already. This site is one of a kind, with great class and a wonderful charm, and we want to keep it that way. What's wrong with that?

Maybe yall want to start a "4A Down Low" site. Why the heck not? Talk to Gobbla and find out how this one happened. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

Bandera YaYa
02-07-2004, 02:07 AM
Heck, if we were to keep it to only 3A football topics, after the season was over, it would be slim pickens on here. I know it's hot and heavy during the season, but we need to fill in with other topics after State. Nothing wrong with that in my book. I just enjoy conversing with ya'll, no matter what the topic is. But, I will agree that it should stay 3A....as it was intended by the people who started this site. No bad feeling to 4A, but hey, start your own site....and feel free to drop in ours to say hi, and we'll do the same. Besides, once football starts, believe me, you'll want and need to talk with the other 4A's. Just makes sense to me.

pirateman98
02-07-2004, 08:11 AM
I think Bandara YaYa makes a vaild point. When the season starts you will need to talk to other 4a teams in the state. I know that if a 4a site is created it would help with a lot of this childish behavior that we have with this subject. I know right now if you were to create a 4a site that you would have a great number of people from the Costal Bend Area giving there two cents into everything. All we would have to do is go to our local football sites and tell the people who visit the 4a forums in Corpus about it. The more people who know about, the more people will be interested in checking it out. I am sure that is how everyone of us heard about this site. If everyone else would do it in the area that they are from it will eventually get as big there as it is here. And like YaYa said, don't be a stranger, because we won't. We would still love for you to come around and tell us your thoughts and opinions on what is going in 3a. This site is only big enough for 3a and we know when football comes around, it gets a little crazy. So I hope that my message doesn't come across as me saying get out, because it is not even like that. For, those who have been around long enough, you should understand. I hope that we do get a sister site and it be titled, 4a Down low!!!!

I just hope this makes sense!!! :D

sinton66
02-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I can't think of a better compliment for this site than them starting a 4A Down Low site. I think that would be pretty cool.

Rabbit'93
02-07-2004, 10:57 AM
I agree it would be a compliment but I feel the name would have to be different. There's only one "Down Low" in my opinion. :D

I really think this is being blown out of proportion by both sides. The people that are moving up don't want to feel like they don't belong to to the site anymmore. If this was any other message board i wouldn't care if I wasnt allowed. The people that are still in 3A don't want to feel like their site will change. I don't think it will be that big of an issue. At least I hope not.

There are tons of great people here that you don't find on other boards because the admins on those sites don't hold people to the same standards that we have here. I would love for a site similar to this for 4A or even an expansion of this site in some way that doesn't interfer with the purpose of the site.

<small>[ February 07, 2004, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

sinton66
02-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Well, of course they could call it something else if they wanted, but what I was referring to was "patterned" after this one. I don't think anyone would object to a great extent if it even looked the same but said "4A Down Low" at the top. If they were to choose admins who have been members on here for a couple of years, those folks would already know the standards that need to be set and so forth. I think it would be extremely cool to have a "sister" 4A site. They could compliment each other nicely if it's done right.

Buckeye80
02-07-2004, 03:11 PM
dawgdad:

Buckeye80:

JasperDog94:

Thank you all. (Dramatic pause for applause)Amen to that, be seeing some of you in 4A in a couple of years anywayHopefully not us though. We already ran that race once, and it wasn't too pretty! frown

Pudlugger
02-08-2004, 10:00 AM
I will be starting my fourth season on 3ADownlow this Fall and have gotten to know many great people on this site. Some are now faced with the prospect of moving on to 4A and it will be difficult for them to break the bonds that have formed over the years posting on this site. Certainly anyone will be welcome to post relevant topics on this site no matter what classification their favorite team has become. I for one will be curious to know how Forney, Burnet, Everman, Ballinger and Newton do in their new classifications. Please do continue to weigh in here and best of luck to yall. :)

poncho
02-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Pudlugger:
I will be starting my fourth season on 3ADownlow this Fall and have gotten to know many great people on this site. Some are now faced with the prospect of moving on to 4A and it will be difficult for them to break the bonds that have formed over the years posting on this site. Certainly anyone will be welcome to post relevant topics on this site no matter what classification their favorite team has become. I for one will be curious to know how Forney, Burnet, Everman, Ballinger and Newton do in their new classifications. Please do continue to weigh in here and best of luck to yall. :) Thanks Pudlugger, good luck to the Leopards! I still have interest in 3a sports and will enjoy hearing how various teams are doing. :D

olddawggreen
02-09-2004, 10:33 AM

Phil C
02-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Hey Ivy you need to be careful when posting because you have been double posting! What a waste of paper!!

poncho
02-09-2004, 01:29 PM
olddawggreen:
.Olddawggreen, I've noticed several of your post are blank except for a period. Whats up? :cool:

olddawggreen
02-09-2004, 07:03 PM
poncho:

olddawggreen:
.Olddawggreen, I've noticed several of your post are blank except for a period. Whats up? :cool: Well, Pancho, I was either trying to move the thread to the top and was in a hurry or because of old age I just flat forgot what I was going to say. wink wink

poncho
02-09-2004, 09:42 PM
olddawggreen:

poncho:

olddawggreen:
.Olddawggreen, I've noticed several of your post are blank except for a period. Whats up? :cool: Well, Pancho, I was either trying to move the thread to the top and was in a hurry or because of old age I just flat forgot what I was going to say. wink wink Ok, LOL :D

cubs
02-10-2004, 10:25 AM
So, are you saying out with the old and in with the new? When you move to a new neighborhood - do you forget all your friends in your old neighborhood? Or, rather - are you still interested in them and what they are doing? I say - everyone's welcome - no wonder we have problems in our society with exclusion of those different than ourselves.

JasperDog94
02-11-2004, 11:14 AM
cubs:
So, are you saying out with the old and in with the new? When you move to a new neighborhood - do you forget all your friends in your old neighborhood? Or, rather - are you still interested in them and what they are doing? I say - everyone's welcome - no wonder we have problems in our society with exclusion of those different than ourselves.Wow... Some people can read whatever they want into a post. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: