PDA

View Full Version : Texas Wins 2004-05 State Farm Lone Star Cup Competition between UT and TA&M!

PhiI C
04-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Texas got the point needed today in the Women's Big 12 Golf Competition to cinch the State Farm Lone Star Cup for the 2004-05 year. With this point Texas leads 10.5 to 4 (Anything over 9.5 points wins since 19 points are availabe. There is still Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field, a softball game, Men's golf, and baseball for 4.5 points left which concludes in May but no matter what Texas has won it this year. Good job by both schools! Congratulations UT!

Holmes_Fans
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Is there a list with every match/game/whatever between UT and A&M this year that has the results with it?

PhiI C
04-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Yes Holmes. Go to www.TexasSports.com. Then in search there put in State Farm Lone Star Showdown. I don't know how to post the actual location but that will get you there.

TheDOCTORdre
04-24-2005, 08:49 PM
http://texassports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=712#standings

Here this site should take you right to it

bevo
04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not a bad set of appropriate gestures for the topic...wouldn't you agree?

Hookem' Horns!!!

AggieJohn
04-25-2005, 12:08 AM
good job texas, A&M, nice strides this year, maybe we'll get em next year

KTJ
04-25-2005, 02:25 AM
What was the point of making this competition? Sure, we won...which we expected to do, and expect to do in the future, but what was the point? honestly?

It would be more fun if Tech was involved too.

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Yes, it would. And thank you for pointing that out. :(

Poor little red-headed step-child. :crying:

Phil C
04-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, it would. And thank you for pointing that out. :(

Poor little red-headed step-child. :crying:

A suggestion would be for you and KTJ to complain to your State Farm agent. They were the sponsors. Of course if you aren't one of their customers they will probably just laugh at you (behind your back of course!) :)

KTJ
04-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Actually, my parents are State Farm customers.

And it was A&M's AD that thought of this whole thing to begin with. So technically, I should email him. :D

Phil C
04-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Actually, my parents are State Farm customers.

And it was A&M's AD that thought of this whole thing to begin with. So technically, I should email him. :D

:D

AggieJohn
04-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
What was the point of making this competition? Sure, we won...which we expected to do, and expect to do in the future, but what was the point? honestly?

because even though texas is superbly better in most of the sports, there are tidal waves in sports that have programs go up and down through the years, this will be competitive soon...

i read however a article that said that if we compared the numbers with A&M and other teams, that the only interesting race in texas that A&M would have would be with baylor....