PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 Goes to the Rockets!!!

Raider4ever
04-23-2005, 07:20 PM
96 - 86 game 1 goes to the rockets! Great game by the rockets. I don't know what those NBA Refs where thinking with calling all those phony fouls they where calling against the rockets. Kind of pitiful they paid those Refs so much and the mavs still can't come threw with a win. =) Just kidding.

anyways im still taking the Rockets in 5 games!

Go RockETS!!!

HighSchool Fan
04-23-2005, 07:21 PM
rockets played their best game of the year and mavs played their worst game. rockets deserved this win, to bad it's gonna be their last.

mwynn05
04-23-2005, 07:29 PM
There is no way the Rockets role players can play that well again so I don't think they can win the series.

Raider4ever
04-23-2005, 08:06 PM
haha. Mike James keeps hiting his shots from comeing off the bench it's not gonna be good. Rockets have two towers with Yao and Mutumbo. Mutumbo may not be the best shooter in the world but he can hit his free throws just like Yao can. So if i where the rockets next game id give the ball downlow to them to and get some more free throws. Im thinking T-Mac will have another big game on Monday 25+points. Mike James will come off the Bench again and do what he does 20+points. And the guy that had the assignment of gaurding Dirk will hold him to 18 points next game. I see Rockets winning the next game. And then Loseing one at home and Win two in a row after that.

Just my prediction.

Bull's-eye
04-23-2005, 10:48 PM
The Rockets may be the Detroit Pistons of last year. They have learn to play as a team, something that has been missing in the NBA. How can Kobe and Shaq lose to the Detroit Pistons? How can the USA Olympic team not win the gold? On paper, these players of the Rockets shouldn't be able to stay up with Nowitzki, Finley, Dampier, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse and Van Horn.

Houston plays great team defense. Dallas only made 9 field goals in the second half and shot 35% for the game. Dirk was 5-19, Stackhouse 4-13, Finley 2-8 and Van Horn 2-7. Dampier had only 7 points and 7 rebounds. He had stated that he was one of the top 2 centers in the west. I would expect more from a top 2 center. Yao Ming had 11 points and 8 rebounds in what most Houston fans thought was a sub-par performance.

Some say that these Houston role players can't play that well again. First of all, how many points a player scores is not the only way to measure his success. Bowen only had 4 points, but he was one of the reasons Houston won this game. Mike James was huge off the bench with 16 points, but what really defeated Dallas was that team play. Great team defense and that unselfishness of each Rocket to play his role.

Holmes_Fans
04-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Dallas has just as many phony calls as houston did. Joey Crawford hates the mavericks, he amazingly called an even game. Dallas was just not hitting shots or there freethrows, missed atleast 8. Plus dirk had a horrible games, 5/19 3 and 3 or 4 turnovers. And I think AJ should of had Bradley and Dampier in more, not having a center in hurt because Mutumbo played good.

Bull's-eye
04-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Dallas actually shot 78.6% from the free throw line. That is right at their season average of 78.9%.

Tracy McGrady was in the zone! He was hitting his shots, driving to the basket and finding the open man. The dunk over Bradley was spectacular!! He also did a good job on defense, teaming up with Bowen to guard Nowitzki.

jason
04-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The dunk over Bradley was spectacular!! no dunk over shawn bradley is spectacular....i could dunk on that stick.....

big daddy russ
04-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
There is no way the Rockets role players can play that well again so I don't think they can win the series.
We'll see.

Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
...Joey Crawford hates the mavericks...
Joe Crawford hates everyone equally.

Rainman
04-23-2005, 11:52 PM
The Rockets didn't get as many shots at the free-throw line. Dallas had 42 free-throw shots compared to Houston's eighteen!!!

TheDOCTORdre
04-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
The Rockets didn't get as many shots at the free-throw line. Dallas had 42 free-throw shots compared to Houston's eighteen!!!
you tell them how it is Rainman

HighSchool Fan
04-24-2005, 06:27 AM
No one on the rockets team held Dirk to 18 points. he did that all by himself. the rockets defense wasn't all that great. dallas just didn't have a good shooting night. give dallas the same open shots on monday and they will torch the rockets.

AggieJohn
04-24-2005, 08:50 AM
yall are just mad because your personal savior dirk couldn't save yall last night and our rag tag group of vets showed you up....quit whining and just keep supporting your teams

HighSchool Fan
04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yall are just mad because your personal savior dirk couldn't save yall last night and our rag tag group of vets showed you up....quit whining and just keep supporting your teams

shut up moron

BTW, my personal savior is Jesus Christ

AggieJohn
04-24-2005, 08:55 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28472&highlight=highschool

HighSchool Fan
04-24-2005, 08:59 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28472&highlight=highschool

here's another one for ya moron http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28512

mwynn05
04-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
The Rockets didn't get as many shots at the free-throw line. Dallas had 42 free-throw shots compared to Houston's eighteen!!! That's because the Mavs went to the goal more.

JasperDog94
04-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Let me start off by saying that I love the Rockets and the Mavs. I just happen to like the Rockets a little bit more and hate it that these two teams have to meet up the first round. Dallas should be the 3 seed, but oh well.

Someone earlier said that the Rockets played the best game of the year. LOL Were you even watching the same game? Yao played horribly and got some ticky tack fouls called on him. He then gets knocked to the floor for a charge and there's no call. Hardly his best game of the year...by far.

Dallas had their worst game of the year? Really? How about April 3rd against Cleveland when Dallas lost 100-80. Dirk was 8-19 and only 2 trips to the line for 22 points. Dallas only shot 35% from the floor. Or how about March 6th when Dallas lost to the Rockets 90-69 and Dallas only shot 37 % from the floor?
The bottom line is the Rockets didn't play their best and Dallas didn't play their worst. This should be a great series so let's enjoy it.

Holmes_Fans
04-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Really cant say anything about that rocket game. Mavs didn't have Dirk, Finley or Dampier on the floor.

HighSchool Fan
04-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Really cant say anything about that rocket game. Mavs didn't have Dirk, Finley or Dampier on the floor.

stackhouse was out injured also

AggieJohn
04-24-2005, 04:02 PM

still a loss is a loss, and now home court advantage for DAL is negated

Bull's-eye
04-24-2005, 04:03 PM
I agree with JasperDog94, this wasn't even close to being the Rockets best game of the year. Houston shot 47% from the field and had 12 turn overs. Yao Ming got into early foul trouble and only played 20 minutes. Houston had a great game over Denver, defeating them by 28 points. That was only their 3rd loss since the All-Star break. Houston also had a great victory over San Antonio. Trailing 74-64 with 1:02 in the game, Houston came back to win 81-80. Tracy McGrady scored 13 of his 33 points in the final 35 seconds, including a game winning 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left in the game.

Holmes_Fans
04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
still a loss is a loss, and now home court advantage for DAL is negated
How does Dallas losing to houston in march negate their home court advantage?

HighSchool Fan
04-24-2005, 04:55 PM

the knucklehead is talking about in the playoffs. dallas now has to win 1 in houston to get home court advantage back

Holmes_Fans
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM
He qouted me talking about the March 6th game. So I have to assume he was just rambling on about something stupid again. I can't read his disturbed mind

AggieJohn
04-24-2005, 07:12 PM
i'm not talking in march...i'm talking in the playoffs

Bulldog_12
04-24-2005, 08:40 PM
I knew the Rockets would pull it out. I still know it will be the Rockets in 6. Dallas will win tommorow night at home after being beat there last night.

AggieJohn
04-25-2005, 12:14 AM
yeah bulldog i concur, i do see a loss tomorrow happening..i'd love a win, but Dallas does feel embarrassed for the loss and comes out hungrier

BTEXDAD
04-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Dallas actually shot 78.6% from the free throw line. That is right at their season average of 78.9%.

Tracy McGrady was in the zone! He was hitting his shots, driving to the basket and finding the open man. The dunk over Bradley was spectacular!! He also did a good job on defense, teaming up with Bowen to guard Nowitzki.

I knew mcGrady scored a lot of points in past years, but had never seen him play much. After watching Rocket games this year, the man is unbelievable.

And for you Mavericks fans, Dirk is VERY good also. He had off night, but I still feel rockets will prevail.

AggieJohn
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
He qouted me talking about the March 6th game. So I have to assume he was just rambling on about something stupid again. I can't read his disturbed mind my bad man, i wasn't able to watch the game, i knew that some players from dallas were going to be out but i didn't know who...i thought you were talking about the game on saturday

Phil C
04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Talk about getting beat at your own game. SA went 11 minutes in 4th without a field goal. That is what they usually do to other teams with their great defense. When you lose at your own game you are in trouble. :(

Maroon87
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Over the years the Spurs have seemed to play better on the road in the playoffs. Don't know why that is, but it's kind of annoying...

Phil C
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Over the years the Spurs have seemed to play better on the road in the playoffs. Don't know why that is, but it's kind of annoying...

If they can win the next two games Maroon they will be in good shape. I thought they played two out of three in the first round but I see it is 7 instead.