PDA

View Full Version : 04-22-05 Baseball and Softball Results

PhiI C
04-22-2005, 11:21 PM
In Baseball Sinton beat Mathis 4 to 3. In softball Sinton beat Mathis in 5 by the score of 12 to 0.

CRHSeagle
04-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Castleberry 11
Ranchview 0

I know Decatur beat Little Elm and...

Bridgeport over Lake Worth

Hillsboro over Glen Rose

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2005, 07:04 AM
BB:
Ingram 6
Liberty Hill 5

Llano 12
Bandera 1

I'll post the rest once I find them. The wrinkle has been added to the playoff standings.

Johnnypaycheck
04-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Palacios 0
Columbia 13
5 innings

WP- Shane Minks (6-1) no-hitter

HR- Brantley Ward (9)

Sweeny 5
Wharton 3

No idea on Needville and Stafford, I am sure Needville beat them.

The win for Columbia clinches the District Championship.

BlueBlood
04-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Barbers Hill baseball beat Splendora to take a two game lead over Huffman with two games left in district. BH is now 18-3.

softball_mom
04-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Softball....

Columbia 10
Palacios 0

5 innings

Wharton 1
Sweeny 0

8 innings

middleagecardinal
04-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Did Barbers Hill and Splendora softball finish up district last night?

Are they still tied for 1st? I hear that they are to play a 1 game playoff on Monday for the district championship.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Greenwood Softball beat Pecos 16-3 to take the district championship outright.

Greenwood Baseball defeated Lamesa - I think that leaves them in 3rd place for now.

donjuan
04-23-2005, 08:28 AM
think Midland Greenwood beat Pecos something like 16-3 - Monahans beat Presidio 5-0

Ranger Mom
04-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by donjuan
think Midland Greenwood beat Pecos something like 16-3 - Monahans beat Presidio 5-0

I know Greenwood/Pecos was softball....but Monahans/Presidio, was that softball also?

Rainman
04-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Barbers Hill and Splendora finished the last round of Softball earlier this week and will play on Monday.

PhiI C
04-23-2005, 09:40 AM
According to the local paper last nigth in District 30AAA baseball it was Aransas Pass 7 Goliad 0. I think AP still has a good shot at the third place spot in the playoffs but I am not sure of the standings.

In District 31 AAA it was Falfurrias 16 West Oso 3 in six.

In 30AAA Softball it was Goliad 8 Aransas Pass 3. Goliad is district champions and Aransas Pass is in the third place spot in the playoffs.

VWG
04-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Graham 3 Vernon 2

superslyguy06
04-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Graham beat Vernon in softball 1-0 in the 8th I think, I was calling a pony league game on the next field over. . . and Graham won baseball in a shootout against Vernon 4-3 off a Cody Stansell hit to left field with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. If any Vernon fans here on the board were there, I'm sure they saw that when Graham's right fielder, Kyle Berend, ran in to tag out the 1st base runner who didn't tag up, Kyle had him hosed. But IMO what kept the steers in the game came the same inning when the steers were batting. There are 2 outs w/ the bases loaded and Tyler Figg comes to bat. On a 2-2 count he hits a slow roller to the third baseman. As the 2nd base runner Corey Atwood goes for third, the Vernon player clearly has him tagged out by about a foot on a head first dive, but I guess that the umpire didn't see the tag from where he was and missed the call. I'm a Graham fan and even I knew he was out. That tied the game at 3 and that stud freshmen I talked about, Stansell, came up clutch with a liner that went over the left fielder's head and drove in Atwood for the win. All in all, great game by both teams, softball and baseball. With the wins Graham clinched the 2nd places in both baseball and softball.

good luck in the play-offs

VWG
04-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by superslyguy06
Graham beat Vernon in softball 1-0 in the 8th I think, I was calling a pony league game on the next field over. . . and Graham won baseball in a shootout against Vernon 4-3 off a Cody Stansell hit to left field with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. If any Vernon fans here on the board were there, I'm sure they saw that when Graham's right fielder, Kyle Berend, ran in to tag out the 1st base runner who didn't tag up, Kyle had him hosed. But IMO what kept the steers in the game came the same inning when the steers were batting. There are 2 outs w/ the bases loaded and Tyler Figg comes to bat. On a 2-2 count he hits a slow roller to the third baseman. As the 2nd base runner Corey Atwood goes for third, the Vernon player clearly has him tagged out by about a foot on a head first dive, but I guess that the umpire didn't see the tag from where he was and missed the call. I'm a Graham fan and even I knew he was out. That tied the game at 3 and that stud freshmen I talked about, Stansell, came up clutch with a liner that went over the left fielder's head and drove in Atwood for the win. All in all, great game by both teams, softball and baseball. With the wins Graham clinched the 2nd places in both baseball and softball.

My bad.. I thought the Vernon Graham score was 3-2.

good luck in the play-offs

Old Cardinal
04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
BaseBall: Bridge City 10 Anahuac 1

Softball: Bridge City 3 4A District runnerup Crosby 0. This was another warmup game--BC has played them three times and won 3-0; 8-0; 3-0.
They will play that District 4A winner Dayton on Friday night at BC. Dayton beat them 1-0 at the first of the year. They are quite tough; they beat 4A rated Nederland twice.

donjuan
04-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Monahans defeated Lamesa on Saturday for their last game in district play 9-0 - looks as if they will play Snyder in Andrews next Friday

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2005, 07:19 PM
BB:
Wimberley 7
Brady 6

SB:
LH girls played warmup last night against Lampassas, but I've not found a score. Hopefully it will be in the paper tomorrow.

Ray_BearKat
04-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Lady Kats turn back Lyford for District 32-3A softball title
By PAUL CONATZER
paulc@valleystar.com
956-430-6286

RAYMONDVILLE — It’s a sign that things are going to go your way when you turn a double play on a single and a double play on a walk.

Those two double plays and just about everything else, including a home run by Vickie Moya, went Raymondville’s way as the Lady ‘Kats turned back second-place Lyford, 7-1, and clinched their third-straight District 32-3A title.

Raymondville (11-0 district and 19-6 overall) used solid fielding in the top of the first to blunt what looked like a promising Lady Bulldog rally. Melissa Rodriguez led off with a single and stole second. Anyssa Roma followed with a single to center and when the throw eluded third baseman Denyssa Rodriguez, Melissa Rodriguez headed home.

However, Denyssa Rodriguez tracked the ball down and threw to catcher Lizzie Urbana to tag out the runner. Urbina then threw to third to nail Roma for the second out. Raymondville Crystal Barron then got Amaris Hernandez to pop out to end the inning.

"We do a lot of live drills with runners on base," said Raymondville coach Joe Ramos. "Our throws were good."

Barron and Lyford hurler Petie Guerra matched goose eggs through the first three innings.

Barron went the distance for the win, allowing five hits, one unearned run, two walks with four strikeouts.

"Our defense was awesome," said Barron.

Lyford’s defense let the Lady Bulldogs down in the bottom of the fourth as Raymondville took advantage of three Lyford errors to score five runs, three of which were unearned. Second baseman Jena Buchanon had a two-run double to round out the scoring in the inning and Denyssa Rodriguez had a RBI single.

"They’re a very good team. You can see why they are the district champions," said Lyford coach Andy Pena, who has guided the Lady Bulldogs to a 9-2 district mark and second place going into today’s game against third place La Feria (8-3).

Moya’s homer stretched the Lady ‘Kats edge to 6-1 in the bottom of the sixth.

"That was awesome," she said of her blast that cleared the left field fence. "I’ve been wanting to hit one since I was a freshman."

Lyford added a consolation run in the top of sixth on Hernandez’s RBI single. But an RBI double from Denise Moreno in the bottom of the same inning made it 7-1.

For the night, the Lady ‘Kats, who are 30-1 in district play over the past three season, had eight hits.

"This was the kind of performance, we’ve been waiting for," said Ramos. "Winning the district title is nice, but it’s not our goal. We want to get past the first round of the playoffs."