PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Playoff Picture

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:48 AM
District 9-3A:
Gainesville will be the D1 team and likely Celina and PP will be D2...barring something crazy..

District 10-3A:
Commerce and Quinlan will fight it out for the title this week...winner gets top D2 seed..Paris N Lamar will clinch a playoff berth this week with a win and will lose to Gainesville by 50 in bi-district...

District 11-3A:
Gilmer looks to be the champ and top D2 seed....Lindale has already clinched a playoff spot and will be Div 1..Winnsboro needs to win one of their next 2 and they are in..

District 12-3A:
Atlanta has clinched a spot already and could wrap up the title this week...they'll likely be the top D2 seed unless Texarkana PG collapses against L-E...Daingerfield has a lock on 2nd and D2 2nd seed..

District 13-3A:
Forney clinches a playoff spot with a win and will be D1....Kaufman clinches a playoff berth with a win or a Crandall loss to Hutch..Hutch with a win clinches top D2 seed and Kaufman will be 2nd D2 seed..if Crandall beats Hutch you could see a 3 way tie at 4-2....

District 14-3A:
Wills Point and Van have both clinched playoff spots..WP will be Div 1...Van and Canton likely face off in Week 10 for the top D2 seed...

District 15-3A:
Spring Hill and White Oak are both 3-0 and their Week 10 game could determine the title...Jefferson, Pitt and G'water are all 1-2...winner of Jefferson and Pitt likely will be 3rd...Gladewater needs to beat White Oak this week or their chances are dim...if Gladewater or Pitt get in then they are D1..if they don't then Spring Hill is D1..

District 16-3A:
Rusk wraps up at least a share of the title with a win over 0-8 Center..Tatum and Carthage are both 2-1..Chapel Hill is 1-2 but could go to 2-2 with a win over Bullard...Tatum-Chapel Hill in Week 10 could be big...

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Matt,

If Winnsboro beats Lindale but loses to Mt. Vernon, wouldn't MV grab the spot? Would they use the heads up and give it to MV or would they use the two teams scores against the common opponent Lindale? Because they both lost to Gilmer. And will both have beaten Rains and Mineola handily.

Just Wondering. As I stated in the other thread, I think this one comes down to the MV vs Winnsboro rival game in week 10.

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:55 AM
You are right...of course I don't think Winnsboro loses to Lindale this week....LOL

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Matthew328:
District 10-3A
Commerce and Quinlan will fight it out for the title this week...winner gets top D2 seed..Paris N Lamar will clinch a playoff berth this week with a win and will lose to Gainesville by 50 in bi-district....
So True :D

BigRedfan
10-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Matthew
How can Lindale have clinched since they have two critical games remaining? I thought it would come down to the last two games. Those games being Winnsboro and Gilmer. Please explain. I am getting so many scenarios, that I do not know which is which. I thought Winnsboro has to win one of their last two and they are in. :) :cool: eek! wink :p

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Lindale clinched with a win over MV. The worst they can finish is 3rd if they lose their next two. And they still go D1.

BigRedfan
10-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Thank you for the input. :p :rolleyes:

Buckeye80
10-27-2003, 09:34 PM
But....if Winnsboro beats Lindale this week, and next week Lindale loses to Gilmer and Mt. Vernon upsets Winnsboro, that would put Lindale, Mt. Vernon, and Winnsboro all at 3-2 in district. What is the tie-breaker?

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Buckeye80:
But....if Winnsboro beats Lindale this week, and next week Lindale loses to Gilmer and Mt. Vernon upsets Winnsboro, that would put Lindale, Mt. Vernon, and Winnsboro all at 3-2 in district. What is the tie-breaker?.
I think they get the place kickers to see who can stack the most BB's

BigRedfan
10-27-2003, 09:51 PM
It goes to the points between the three teams involved. Same thing would have happened last year if Mount Vernon had not beaten Winnsboro. :D :p :rolleyes:

Buckeye80
10-27-2003, 09:54 PM
Why don't we implement a one game district playoff like MLB has? Or we could have the coaches Indian leg wrestle for it.

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 11:24 AM
ttt

Buckeye80
10-30-2003, 05:28 PM
How about this one? Winnsboro beats Lindale this week which sets up a possible 3-way (ooohh) tie for second, third, whatever! Anyway, let's just say next week, Gilmer has to beat Lindale by 24 points to knock them out of the playoffs after Mt. Vernon's shock of Winnsboro. Lindale, down 23 points with 5 seconds left in the game, opts to concede victory to the Buckeyes, and the QB takes a knee. What he didn't realize is that he was standing in the endzone when he knealt, and downed the ball for a safety, knocking Lindale out of the playoffs and forcing Gilmer into D1! I was bored on the bulldozer today.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-30-2003, 05:56 PM
That's an interesting scenario. However, I think the number of points Gilmer wins by is irrelevant in a 3-way tie for second between Lindale, Winnsboro and Mount Vernon.

As I understand it, you take the tied teams and start adding or subtracting points involved in their win or loss with the other two teams a team is tied with.

Right now Lindale is +2, MV is -2 and the other games involving these three teams head-to-head are yet to be played.

I also have heard you can only "carry over" something like 18 or maybe 21 points per game. IOW, winning by more than that wins you no more points than the 18 or 21 limit. I am not sure on that one.

Buckeye80
10-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Gilmer Buckeye, I'm gonna figure out who you are. It may just take a little time. I do however think I sit behind you in the stadium seats on about the 45..hint, hint.