PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Softball

rockdale80
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Rockdale’s Lady Tigers completed their perfect District 19AAA campaign on Tuesday night by besting Caldwell 2-1 at the RHS softball complex.
 Big Blue will host two practice games—Monday at 7 p.m. versus Austin-McCallum and Friday (29th) at 6 p.m. against Liberty Hill—in tuneups to their playoff game, against a yet-unknown opponent from District 17 or 18AAA.
 “It was a great end to a good season,” coach Jessica Poole said after the win. “We signed off on our goals (which included beating nemesis Caldwell and pitcher Brandi Crnkovic twice).
 For RHS, it was a sweet sweep, especially considering almost the same squad of girls went 2-8 in last year’s district campaign. RHS upperclassmen had never solved the powerful Crnkovic’s pitching in their years of varsity play.
 “She’s an intimidating pitcher because of her size and strength,” Poole said. “But Sammie (Meyer) kept their hitters off balance and we gained a lot of confidence once we got on base.”
 The RHS-Caldwell matchup was eerily similar to their first game four weeks ago. Caldwell’s lead-on batter Kelsey Spittler reached base on a walk, stole second and was batted in by Lacey Williams, just as in the first game.
 RHS took advantage of passed balls to reach home plate, just as in the first game. In the bottom of the fourth inning, speedy Toni Ellis beat the throw to first base after laying down a bunt. Ellis then stole second and Luetge got on base after beating the throw when the Lady Hornet second-baseman bobbled the ball. Ellis advanced to third and scored on a passed ball that got away from catcher Williams. Three pitches later, Luetge scored on a second passed ball to give RHS a 2-1 lead. And there it stayed.
 From the mound, Meyer (9-1) fired 12 strikeouts, two more than last year’s loop MVP Crnkovic.
 RHS wraps up its regular season at 17-3 and 14-0 in 19AAA.
 CAMERON—Big Blue blitzed Cameron at Yoe High on Friday, scoring 8 runs in the first inning and ending it 10-0 through five innings.
 Pitcher Laura Baker (10-2) whizzed 10 K’s past Yoe batters.
 Luetge and Ellis had singles and Caryn Bland a double during the first inning barrage, with RHS helped along by two errors and a passed ball.
 Kaitlynne Schnerr had a single in the third and Kylie Fatheree batted her in with help from another Yoe error. Katie Roddam batted in Fatheree with a single to end the scoring.
 JV—Rockdale JV ended its season also in first place with a 10-0-2 district record and a 12-4-2 overall mark.
 Alethea Maldonado led RHS from the mound in a 16-1 win over Cameron’s JV and Brittany Yoakum was catcher. Maldonado had a home run to spark the Lady Tiger offense.
Rockdale 000 200 x—2 1 1
Caldwell 100 000 0—1 2 2
 WP: Meyer (9-1), Fatheree. LP: Crnkovic, Williams.

Rockdale 820 00x x—10 7 0
Cameron 000 00x x— 0 2 4
 WP: Baker (10-2), Fatheree. LP: DelaRosa, Bowen.

Old Cardinal
04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Who does Sammie Meyer pitch for in select team ball?

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Congrats to the Lady Tigers! I was about to post the upcoming game we have when I saw this.

rockdale80
04-22-2005, 05:35 PM
ya'll should be a good warm up game for us....;) ;)

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
ya'll should be a good warm up game for us....;) ;)

Ditto! :)

rockdale80
04-22-2005, 08:53 PM
should be like stretching before the game:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
They have very similar records & both undefeated in district. Sounds like it should be a good warm-up.

rockdale80
04-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They have very similar records & both undefeated in district. Sounds like it should be a good warm-up.

you know i am just messing with you...

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
you know i am just messing with you...

:kiss: I thought nothing else. I'm very excited for our girls and glad they have the opportunity to play the Lady Tigers. Hopefully they'll meet up again later on in the season.

Johnny Utah
04-23-2005, 05:10 PM
First year Rockdale and Liberty Hill squared off in the softball playoffs was 1994! Lady Tigers won!!!

Rockdale Tiger
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Who does Sammie Meyer pitch for in select team ball? I'm not sure if she plays select ball, I will try to find out and let you know OC.

Rockdale Tiger
04-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Who does Sammie Meyer pitch for in select team ball? She told me that she is/does play for Texas Terminators...