PDA

View Full Version : Showdown in Mathis tonight in baseball!

Phil C
04-22-2005, 02:31 PM
More than likely the winner will be the district champion in 30AAA baseball. The game is in Mathis starting at 7. I should be a good game. Rain may happen but let's hope it doesn't happen till the game is over. I plan to go to the girls' softball game there which starts at 6 and then go to the baseball game and catch the last innings. The girls' game won't have an impact on the district but this is Andre and Nelle's last softball game as Mathis Lady Pirates and Mathis Lady Pirates always plays their best against Sinton especially at home. I remember what happened last year when we played them in Mathis.

mikecheck
04-22-2005, 02:39 PM
I also believe that AP softball will be against 29 3A runner-up which I believe is Devine at Mathis on Tuesday.

AP Panther Fan
04-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by mikecheck
I also believe that AP softball will be against 29 3A runner-up which I believe is Devine at Mathis on Tuesday.

Mike, it will be AP/Devine in Mathis, I just can't confirm which day next week...I had heard Thursday, but that might be wrong. :)

mikecheck
04-22-2005, 03:40 PM
You are right, the UIL bracket says 4/28-4/30 for bi-district, I was told last night to work the playoff game, but I must have midunderstood Tuesday for Thursday.

Phil C
04-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Mike maybe they let them go ahead and play earlier in the week. I think the first part of the week is in case of district tie breakers or something. They may have had it earlier in the week because of fear of thunderstorms hitting in the latter part of the week causing havoc with trying to try to find a dry field. I know we had trouble finding a dry field when we played Orange Grove in the playoffs last year and both teams which are only about 38 miles apart had to go play in Laredo!

PhiI C
04-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Sinton wins 4 to 3 in a very tough game between two evenly matched teams. This win gives Sinton one game up with one game left next week in district 30AAA. If Sinton beats Ingleside they will be district champions. For Mathis to tie Sinton they would have to beat Aransas Pass in Mathis next week and have Ingleside beat Sinton. We will see.

PhiI C
04-22-2005, 11:45 PM
As I said this was a well played game. Mathis scored two runs in the second (Mathis was home team) - one of them was due to a mental error. Mathis lead 2 to 0 but Sinton fought back at top of third and scored two runs to tie the game. In the fifth inning Sinton scored two more runs to lead 4 to 2 and that was the way it went until Mathis had the last chance. Both teams had chances to get more runs but good pitching and good defensive play prevented it. Mathis got another run in the 7th and the score was 4 to 3. With two out and a runner on first the Mathis hitter hit a hard ball to the Sinton outfield. The Sinton outfielder made a great catch and Sinton won. Had he missed that ball the Mathis player on first would probably have scored and the batter would have got to third base probably. A good game by two evenly matched teams.