PDA

View Full Version : Stupid people

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 06:30 AM
(from cnn.com)
Police: Teen faked BMW theft to buy Bentley

Thursday, April 21, 2005 Posted: 8:07 PM EDT (0007 GMT)

SEATTLE, Washington (Reuters) -- A 17 year-old high school student faked the theft of his 2002 BMW M3 in order to collect insurance money to upgrade to a Bentley, police said on Thursday.

The teen, a student of Skyline High School in Sammamish, a suburb of Seattle, had reported the car stolen earlier this week, said Michael Chiu, a spokesman for the police in Bellevue, another suburb located between Seattle and Sammamish.

Police in another town found the $47,000 BMW being stripped and arrested four suspects, who connected the teen to the theft, leading to his arrest.

"That investigation led us to believe that he wanted to upgrade to a Bentley," Chiu said.

Bentleys, featured frequently in U.S. hip-hop videos, have a suggested retail price of $160,000 for the Continental GT coupe and $240,000 for the Arnage sedan.

The BMW was in the name of the teen's mother name but was used as his vehicle, Chiu said. The student was released to his mother, and prosecutors are considering charges.

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 06:37 AM
What mother in her right mind gives a teenager a $47,000 car to drive? Prosecutors are "considering" charges? This just stinks. :mad: Charge the kid with attempted insurance fraud & smack the mom in the back of the head to knock some sense into her.

CHS_CG
04-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
What mother in her right mind gives a teenager a $47,000 car to drive? Prosecutors are "considering" charges? This just stinks. :mad: Charge the kid with attempted insurance fraud & smack the mom in the back of the head to knock some sense into her.

I would charge the mom with the suit and charge the kid with something too! I will be lucky to ever have a 47,000 dollar ANYTHING! Stupid rich spoiled people!

spiveyrat
04-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I would charge the mom with the suit ...

I don't think you want to open up that can of worms. If the kid is old enough to drive, he's old enough to accept the responsibility for his behavior.

That said, a teen having such an expensive car tends to say a lot about that family.

CHS_CG
04-22-2005, 07:56 AM
oh im not sayin the kid should get off of the line..

like i said stupid rich spoiled people!

jason
04-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
a teen having such an expensive car tends to say a lot about that family. i dont think thats a fair assumption, and the kid did make a prettty boneheaded/spoiled mistake....but i do agree high school kids shouldnt be driving $47,000 cars....

pirate44
04-22-2005, 08:06 AM
The mother should be ashamed of herself for not getting the Bentley for her son. she pushed him to a life of crime. the mother could have prevented all this if she just quit being so tight with her money. she can obviously afford nice things. we must remember that wealthy children have needs too and have a reputation to keep up with. shame on the mother.

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
The mother should be ashamed of herself for not getting the Bentley for her son. she pushed him to a life of crime. the mother could have prevented all this if she just quit being so tight with her money. she can obviously afford nice things. we must remember that wealthy children have needs too and have a reputation to keep up with. shame on the mother.

ROFL!!! http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/morphlaugh.gif

AP Panther Fan
04-22-2005, 08:21 AM
I am trying to understand why the kid would even want a Bentley ... I know it is irrelevent, but my gosh...they are ugly cars regardless of what they cost!:rolleyes:

If this kid will commit insurance fraud as a teenager...JUST THINK what he would be capable of as an adult later in life!:doh:

Black_Magic
04-22-2005, 08:42 AM
They need to throw the book at this kid! an example needs to be made in the harshest terms. there are many kids who ride a bus to school and this kid is unhappy with a car that costs more than an educaation at an average state university??? unbelieveable!

AP Panther Fan
04-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
They need to throw the book at this kid! an example needs to be made in the harshest terms. there are many kids who ride a bus to school and this kid is unhappy with a car that costs more than an educaation at an average state university??? unbelieveable!

I agree! I think he should have to drive a 1980 somethin' Ford Pinto as part of his punishment! :D

pirate44
04-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I agree! I think he should have to drive a 1980 somethin' Ford Pinto as part of his punishment! :D
we must remember, we do not know the pressures and difficulties these children of higher means must go through. a Bentley is a desirable car to young women, and what teenage boy would not want to drive it. it is the mother we should be castigating for not providing for the boys needs in ways of proper transportation. the boy is just a pawn in her game of bad parenting.

pirate4state
04-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I agree! I think he should have to drive a 1980 somethin' Ford Pinto as part of his punishment! :D LOL :clap: :D

I don't have anything else to add that won't get me ROM'd from the board. :devil: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
we must remember, we do not know the pressures and difficulties these children of higher means must go through. a Bentley is a desirable car to young women, and what teenage boy would not want to drive it. it is the mother we should be castigating for not providing for the boys needs in ways of proper transportation. the boy is just a pawn in her game of bad parenting.

She should've given him the keys to the Rolls. I feel so sorry for such an underprivileged child. :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
04-22-2005, 09:00 AM
the only thing he would drive from now on would be a schwin if I was his dad.

AP Panther Fan
04-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Ha ha....Pirate 44 and LH Panthermom...

You both sound like Phil C! He is rubbing off on you!:D

Next thing we know, you will both be talking women's soccer!:doh:

LH Panther Mom
04-22-2005, 09:03 AM

Ewwwwwwww! :p :D

(J/K, Phil :) )

Bandera YaYa
04-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
(from cnn.com)
Police: Teen faked BMW theft to buy Bentley

Bentleys, featured frequently in U.S. hip-hop videos, have a suggested retail price of $160,000 for the Continental GT coupe and $240,000 for the Arnage sedan.

Hey, Dre....some more information for your rap music assignment!! :D

Bullaholic
04-22-2005, 09:43 AM
What is wrong with you folks? This is America. Rest assured that mom will do the right thing and hire only the best lawyers and in a few weeks the dealer will end up giving the Bentley to the kid with a letter of apology.

pirate44
04-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Ha ha....Pirate 44 and LH Panthermom...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

AggieJohn
04-22-2005, 12:14 PM
that's alright, i would of gone for a lotus

mustang68
04-22-2005, 01:27 PM