PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Rice?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Bellville will play Rice at home friday night, Bellville is looking to up there record to 7-1. Rice needs a win to keep there hopes for a play-off spot. Luetge has had some good rest, he had 12-15 k-os vs Rice in Rice, with the rest he has had,look for him to add to his k-o record.
Bellville plays Columbus in C-town Tuesday, if Bellville gets a win vs Rice, the Card,s may see Luetge( Best pitcher in the District) for the 1st time this season vs Columbus?

Specklebelly
04-21-2005, 10:44 PM
I really feel its in Bellville's best interests to sit him tomorrow and let him get good and rested up for Columbus on Tuesday :)

Bull's-eye
04-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Bellville can secure the 2nd playoff spot with a win over Rice. Luetge will most likely get the start, and if Bellville gets the victory, then they must decide if they will pitch him vs Columbus on only 3 days rest. Bellville would most likely have to defeat Columbus twice to win the district championship. They would also have to defeat Sealy with one of their other pitchers. Now if they forced a 1 game playoff for the crown, that game would probably be played next saturday. If there is enough time before the state playoffs start, I would definately go for the crown. Bellville could also start another pitcher against Rice, with the option of using Luetge in relief. One more loss for Rice or win for Bellville would guarantee the Brahmas second place. Rice still has to play Navasota & Columbus.

Bull's-eye
04-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
I really feel its in Bellville's best interests to sit him tomorrow and let him get good and rested up for Columbus on Tuesday :)

I was kind of thinking the same thing. They could start their #2 pitcher and hope he keeps it close or that their bats can break the game open. One problem is that Luetge hasn't pitched for a week and a half. He may need some work, which he could get in a few innings of relief. :thinking:

CheerMom
04-22-2005, 09:04 AM
This should be a great game!! Wish I could be there, but will have to cheer my boys on from home!! Good Luck to both teams, but of course, hoping my Raiders come out on top!!!

Go Raiders!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Good Luck to the girls, as well!!! This is an important game for both teams!!

KL3
04-22-2005, 11:15 AM
I'd start #2 pitcher Gillson and bring Luetge in and relief tonight, and save Lucas for Tuesday vs. Columbus. I highly doubt Coach Cerny will do this b/c he wants to secure the #2 seed, but I really want to see Luetge vs. Columbus.

I'm confident Gillson would be able to get the job done tonight vs. Rice. When he pitched against Columbus in Round 1 of district, the game should have been 1-1 entering the 5th, except for a couple of plays at home plate that could/should have been made. Bellville had actually outhit the cards when he left the game in the 5th.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks like everyone fells the same, lets see how good Columbus really is! I vote for that #1 pitcher in the district to go Tuesday in Columbus!

BrahmaMom
04-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Any word on the score? I think you guys are right, work Lucas a little and then let him take it to Columbus. Unfortunately, I fear KL3 may be right and Cerny will secure the play-off spot. Can't wait to see what happened. Go Bulls!!